Jack Monroe #203 Found a packet of pork mince

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On a grunk but I’m HOOTING 🦉

Omg yes this is one of the things that drives me bonkers about Productive Jack - it’s all inefficient displays of OTT busyness - like the obsessive documenting of absurd Daily Kitchen tech setups in the crappy Bungalow (two cameras, a laptop, fifty seven chargers, eighty two iPhones and an old battered Samsung!) whilst not doing basic stuff like checking nobody else is using the internet. Like…..just do the thing!
or buying the ingredients or practicing cooking the food.

Reactions: 19
She is back replying to tweets. Twitter on a Wednesday - her babysitter must be away. Oh, it’s stalk oil apparently. Not that it will ever see the light of day. Thankfully.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I actually find her food really boring.

Its not inventive, its not ground breaking and its not even aesthetically pleasing.( In any sense of the word.)

Looking back at her earlier stuff there was definite potential although basic it looked ok and as it should. Now its trying to turn a sows ear into a silk purse or with terrible combinations to boot.

I sometimes wonder if the squiggles are just being kind to her because they dont want to upset her, i. Sincerely doubt any of them actually really love her food and of they do i am sure its been adapted to practically a new recipie.

I honestly think if she stopped the pretence and actually went back to basics, she could carve herself a niche somewhere.

Reactions: 21
Ffs just buy 3 litres of vegetable oil for £3 and be done. Sometimes the most simple and obvious solution is the right one. No need to squeeze random oils from random plants.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Wow just took a look and she looks lovely and very happy. Being forced to start the day with 4 pints of acidic fruit yoghurt must really take it out of a girl 😳
I can’t lie, I went and had a nosy because I’ve only seen a couple of pics of her and I was disappointed to see a “hospital chair” photo and blow by blow account of the appendicitis journey. I know Jack is not to blame for all the ills of the world but I wonder if LJC would have done that before she met Jack? Why do people do that? The story itself would’ve been dramatic enough by the sounds of it

Poca, you can't, that's illegal! The mods will arrest you. Oh. Never mind.
Another illegally early thread title nomination and I’ll arrest her 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
This was the only thing I could think of (and the first thing to come to mind which says lot). Unless she's just ragging random stalks out the ground and grinding them into her reclaimed vegetable oil which actually would surprise me less than the hemp at this point.

Was out for a drive earlier and noticed the fire brigade had set up a stall at our local walk-in vaccine place. The image of Jack swaggering into the fire brigade camp at Glasto (?) with her skin of wine all 'helllllooooo boys' popped into my head and I got a fit of giggles. Who does that?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.