Jack Monroe #203 Found a packet of pork mince

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sock oil is the oils that your feet give off and if collected properly via your socks it can be used to create yummy meals.

I should have added a 'I just created a maverick slop hack' warning.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Sock oil is the oils that your feet give off and if collected properly via your socks it can be used to create yummy meals.

Sadly, I think it's more likely to be filtering old, cruddy cooking oil once it's become hydrogenated (and hazardous to health) through a sock so you can use for even longer.

My mother used to do it six monthly through kitchen paper. Strangely, I never ever wanted anything deep fried.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I think Jack's sparkler pudding was her foray into experimental installation art. The noise of frying electrical circuits makes me aware of the existential horror of being and the sparklers slowly burning down really make you reflect on the ephemeral nature of life. The custard represents how easy it is to become mired in your suffering and the wafer daisies represent the happy face we put on for social media.

Poca, you can't, that's illegal! The mods will arrest you. Oh. Never mind.
Oh, whoops. Lost track of time. I retract, I retract.
Hope Slopbot made you a cake. Or you him?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Sadly we're not close enough for mutual cake-baking, although I suppose in a way I did birth him but since it wasn't through the traditional orifice it doesn't count. What a horrid sentence, I've just disgusted myself. @ThunderClapForCapers pour me the strongest Yakult you have! In fact, just leave me the six-pack, I've got a lot of self-reflection to do.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
"Done."

It's the smug, self-satisfied tone of her slop posts that bothers me most tbh? (See also: "That'll do.") I could at least understand it if the finished dishes looked in any way appetising, but... :sick:
Yeah... that and the gobshite 'you're welcome!' at the end of a shitbag recipe, that nobody asked for, gives me the rage

• Haha
Reactions: 38
The coven has stacked the fridge in your aparthotel for you.
I made you some self hate love stew and some gently fermented slow cooker tea. You cannot say we dont appreciate you #GRATITUDE

Yeah... that and the gobshite 'you're welcome!' at the end of a shitbag recipe, that nobody asked for, gives me the rage
Charming i mean its only feet. 😉

Charming i mean its only feet. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 19
What a horrible mess. 🤢
How on earth has this person managed to publish cook books?
I sent a picture of that meal to my mum today and said thinking of making this for dinner.

She said," why?"

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I’m having a hormonal dip (I felt the joy drain out of me for no reason) I just got upset at the thought that I don’t own a sideboard OR a cat. Send choco’s immediately!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
On a grunk but for those who suffered the bean burger, Vlad is sending a softly softly gentle reminder there are other options besides Jack’s food.

E77EC83D-ADBD-4BE4-B700-76CCBE43F4FD.jpeg

And Jack, when you grunk, this is Vlad outright trolling you/your food.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Post it notes Jack is one of the funniest Jacks. And I like the way she has carefully lined them up 8nder each other.

My post it notes (in only one colour) are usually attached to random bits of my desk and monitor.
We all know she is the sort of person who starts her To Do List with 1. Write To Do List, takes great delight in ticking it off, then celebrates by taking the rest of the day off.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
In that case, how about this “classic” from 2019?
Caroline’s “brunch”, apparently. No wonder she’s not been seen for years.
No one can tell me that isn’t just the cat litter tray (used) with an egg on top. 🤢
Struggling with the perspective again 😭 is this a plate? In which case there’s piss all food on it. Is it a square bowl? Then why are her hands not cupping it? I don’t understaaaaand. Jacks photos exist in some kind of weird matrix. Perception is not real.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Christ that’s a new low and it’s not even new.
So baba ghanoush is basically flame grilled aubergine shredded into a kind of hummus. So she burnt the aubergine hence the dark colour. On top of that a melange of radiator mushrooms with tomato and spinach, an egg and a fuckton of lemon and POBP breadcrumbs like half a loaf made crumb.
Anyone: after breakfast do you fancy a bit of burned radiator veg in garlic, with garlic, with an egg and toaster crumbs?
Everyone: no, obvs

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.