Jack Monroe #203 Found a packet of pork mince

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Starting to get the impression she might be a witch.

The chaos by the light of the full moon.

The ingredients list, give me a wart and a dead mans toe, add to some slop and away we go.
Please stop insulting us. We can cook much better than Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
In that case, how about this “classic” from 2019?
Caroline’s “brunch”, apparently. No wonder she’s not been seen for years.
No one can tell me that isn’t just the cat litter tray (used) with an egg on top. 🤢
How is it FINISHED with breadcrumbs when they're at the bottom of the (for want of a better word) plate?! She can't even tell the truth when describing a picture ffs.

At least the portions are always tiny - small mercy for poor Caroline, but it's something.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
No one can tell me that isn’t just the cat litter tray (used) with an egg on top. 🤢
That looks horrific. Not a fan of eggs (unless they're in cake!) but how is that combination working? None of those flavours go, and you'd need something other than half a dish of weird breadcrumbs for texture/scooping of your slop.

Reactions: 23
It honestly looks like some form of sensory play - sand with some home made play dough - in fairness she may have struck gold in creating play things babies won’t attempt to eat 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Remember that Caroline has in her bootstrap admin Twitter biog “yes, I do get to test the recipes” as some kind of flex.

Girl, you need to be asking for a pay rise to be subjected to this (or… wait… are you still on “furlough”?).

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Remember that Caroline has in her bootstrap admin Twitter biog “yes, I do get to test the recipes” as some kind of flex.

Girl, you need to be asking for a pay rise to be subjected to this (or… wait… are you still on “furlough”?).
Believe me she will let us know when the hands come off furlough

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Doesn't it end in a month? Sorry Jack that sadfishing excuse will be gone, you will have to think of another. I'm sure you will, it's your only talent

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Did she drop the egg when she was cleaning out the toaster tray and thought now that looks like a meal.

Did she drop the egg when she was cleaning out the toaster tray and thought now that looks like a meal.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Big cats = big poo but if I saw that in the litter tray (minus egg of course) I'd be changing their diet STAT.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Why would you give some crumbs rather than a slice of toast. Its pointless.
C292EC66-932F-496C-A11B-0AAB9B1551A5.jpeg

at least this bird seems happy with this meal.

1sozp1.jpg
can say the same for Gordy.😳

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Yes it’s odd - she’s obsessed with breadcrumbs and stuffing mix and teeny tiny chopped up or puréed veg, everything blended and squished into a slop so that you can’t actually identify any of the ingredients. It’s a strange trait for a so-called food writer. Normally they like a bit of texture.

Reactions: 29
Yes it’s odd - she’s obsessed with breadcrumbs and stuffing mix and teeny tiny chopped up or puréed veg, everything blended and squished into a slop so that you can’t actually identify any of the ingredients. It’s a strange trait for a so-called food writer. Normally they like a bit of texture.
it can also be attributed to various eating disorders, minscule portions etc. I have read up stuff on alot of people with eating disorders they use snall portions as a away to control calories.

• Sad
Yeah but in Jack's case her 2am recipe ideas (instantly posted to Twitter, obvs) are things like a polenta, egg mayo and taramasalata trifle.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
On a grunk but I’m HOOTING 🦉

We all know she is the sort of person who starts her To Do List with 1. Write To Do List, takes great delight in ticking it off, then celebrates by taking the rest of the day off.
Omg yes this is one of the things that drives me bonkers about Productive Jack - it’s all inefficient displays of OTT busyness - like the obsessive documenting of absurd Daily Kitchen tech setups in the crappy Bungalow (two cameras, a laptop, fifty seven chargers, eighty two iPhones and an old battered Samsung!) whilst not doing basic stuff like checking nobody else is using the internet. Like…..just do the thing!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
It honestly looks like some form of sensory play - sand with some home made play dough - in fairness she may have struck gold in creating play things babies won’t attempt to eat 😳
The concept of that is ending me, she's like the chemist who invented leaded petrol and CFCs, slowly killing people off with the best of intentions

• Haha
Reactions: 20
On a grunk but I’m HOOTING 🦉

Omg yes this is one of the things that drives me bonkers about Productive Jack - it’s all inefficient displays of OTT busyness - like the obsessive documenting of absurd Daily Kitchen tech setups in the crappy Bungalow (two cameras, a laptop, fifty seven chargers, eighty two iPhones and an old battered Samsung!) whilst not doing basic stuff like checking nobody else is using the internet. Like…..just do the thing!
This kind of behaviour is what you see in the [poorly-monitored] users of stimulant drugs like amphetamines. I remember it well: the obsessive, repetitive, fiddly faffing, the distraction and derailing. You can always tell when a speed freak is in the house because it will be partly disassembled and filled with unfinished 'projects'.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.