Jack Monroe #203 Found a packet of pork mince

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was in Marks and Sparks yesterday armed with a gift card and - in between wondering why every single person in there looked exactly like my mother - noticed their tins of various stews etc can be as much as £3. Now I'm aware these are not aimed at The Poors, but if I were a Tweeting woman I'd punt that info Jack's way cos I bet she'd run with it.

Also what demographic is her audience? All my genuinely skint friends have learned to make do, I lived on £30 a week at uni (and a loooooot of that was earmarked for 3l bottles of cider named after various livestock or weather phenomena) but the food never consistently looked brown unless I decided to buy weed and raid the frozen section at Lidl instead. And obviously anyone who isn't looking to cut costs wouldn't be interested, and anyone who is but can cook would surely look elsewhere?

So I'm assuming a lot of her stuff attracts skint people who think they're gonna get some variety and play at being a bit Nigella on a budget and instead they try one recipe with its actively unappetising writing and then they eventually end up here.
I think Jack's recipes are more likely to attract comfortably off guardian readers who want to indulge in a bit of poverty cos play, or want to be able to tell the poors how to eat.

Her recipes used to be in the Guardian - if I'm on a really limited budget, I'll pop in to Asda. Shopping list economy stuffing, economy beans, spaghetti hoops, slimey yellow sticker salad and a copy of the Guardian. I don't think so.

And all that stuff about food banks handing out her recipes. Because poor people are too thick to work out what do do with a tin of beans.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Even with the star, Christmas cracker and sparklers, it's hard to imagine a picture looking less celebratory. Combined with the Southend Chainsaw Massacre soundtrack, it's one of the most WTF things she's ever put out into the public domain. I love it so much.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Being the basic biatch that I am, I love all things Autumn/Winter. Seeing that Sparkler Surprise again has me excited for the endless possibilities that could surface for Jack's winter warmers, not to mention festive fare 🤩 Leave the plain white china in 2020 though please Jack, give us a bit of tack! We know you have it!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Happy Tattle birthday, @traumatised sideboard , you provide endless laughter for us. I always think that you have already peaked when there is yet another surprise waiting for us round the corner
You brought me to electroslop and I can't wait for new tracks (no pressure).

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I will always remember listening to Chop Chop (It's the Onion Police) and crying with laughter when I got to the line about killing a man with stuffing in soup.

No other thread comes close to this one, even though I spread myself about a bit. Trolls indeed!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Being the basic biatch that I am, I love all things Autumn/Winter. Seeing that Sparkler Surprise again has me excited for the endless possibilities that could surface for Jack's winter warmers, not to mention festive fare 🤩 Leave the plain white china in 2020 though please Jack, give us a bit of tack! We know you have it!
Ooooh, do you think she'll do another Christmas colab?
Obviously my number one joy would be her going into the jungle/Castle (no, I will not let that rest) but after that I really will be a hootin and a fizzin for anything crimbo related!
Maybe another fake 'guest columnist' thingy for a right wing tit rag like the Express (like last year when she pretended to be a guest writer when it was in actual fact a paid for advert by Del Monte) She could try and beat last year's disgusting effort for her pretend Christmas Dinner cooked for a week in the slow cooker(straight in the bin...)
Or maybe she could do a thing with her BFF Marcus and that other bloke (Tom something or other...) to feed all of the children... and she could spin around in high heels and go viral.
Etc etc etc...

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Coincidence that we get an update from BubbleBuddy/HouseMate/VeryGoodFriend on her Japanese adventure, at roughly the same time Jack drops an alcoholic tweet? I doubt it.

By the way, LJC genuinely looks lovely - slimmer face and longer hair. I had to look twice - didn’t recognise her at first. I hope this means she has moved on from life at the bungalow and eating depressipes.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I think Jack's sparkler pudding was her foray into experimental installation art. The noise of frying electrical circuits makes me aware of the existential horror of being and the sparklers slowly burning down really make you reflect on the ephemeral nature of life. The custard represents how easy it is to become mired in your suffering and the wafer daisies represent the happy face we put on for social media.

Poca, you can't, that's illegal! The mods will arrest you. Oh. Never mind.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Coincidence that we get an update from BubbleBuddy/HouseMate/VeryGoodFriend on her Japanese adventure, at roughly the same time Jack drops an alcoholic tweet? I doubt it.

By the way, LJC genuinely looks lovely - slimmer face and longer hair. I had to look twice - didn’t recognise her at first. I hope this means she has moved on from life at the bungalow and eating depressipes.
Wow just took a look and she looks lovely and very happy. Being forced to start the day with 4 pints of acidic fruit yoghurt must really take it out of a girl 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Oh Dear Heart I fear you may be disappointed knowing Jack it’ll be ice cream sundaes, salads and refreshing ice cold smoothies sloppies. After what she served up for her famous/infamous Christmas dinner I personally couldn’t be more afraid.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Happy Tattle Birthday Sidey T. You and Slopbot never fail to make me 🦉 and 🍾 with your posts. I’ll never forget ‘Knock, Knock, it’s the Onion Police, they’ve come to take you away…’ You gave me an ear worm for days with that one, Legendary hilarious lyrics and a Tattle classic.❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.