Jack Monroe #201 Queen of Sharts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Skanky warm spitty beer bread. Yum...🤮 Why is she so, so gross?
Would she not at least think as she's writing it, 'Ok this sounds really gross, I'd better not mention it'?! I guess she thinks it fits with her Dickensian urchin image.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Would she not at least think as she's writing it, 'Ok this sounds really gross, I'd better not mention it'?! I guess she thinks it fits with her Dickensian urchin image.
This is a woman who live tweeted her explosive poo experience, so I guess not!

I think she really does imagine The Poors™ go bin raking for their food, not that they just go to a shop and buy it.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I was having a Monroe google and landed on their Metro articles, they are so badly written, and full of lies. The swede one is my favourite, it's all other people's recipes and this gem of a quote;

I checked the time; the store closed in twenty minutes. There were easily a dozen swedes mournfully bearing their beseeching yellow stickers. I picked up four, paid, and stuffed them in my backpack. I had to stop twice on the walk home to regret my profligacy and roll out my shoulders, but by now, I was committed.

This is the person claiming to be strong enough to move a bloody sideboard, but four manky swedes caused severe back pain, lugging them home in a backpack. Oh my LJC lord!
Why is her style of writing so pish? All she had to do is say “there were slightly foosty swedes in the yellow sticker section. I bought them. They were heavy but hey, they’re good enough to eat do I can feed my son”

Enid Blyton’s not going to shag you Jack!

• Haha
Reactions: 59
This is a woman who live tweeted her explosive poo experience, so I guess not!

I think she really does imagine The Poors™ go bin raking for their food, not that they just go to a shop and buy it.
This is true!

Maybe if she had better hygiene at top end she'd have less trouble at the bottom end 👀

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
I love how a concussion finds its way into the sorry tale, too.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I was going to ask if we ever got the recipes she promised in that first clumsy sentence, but then I remembered that I am familiar with her body of work.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I notice that the BBC report about 'chronic illness influencers' is getting a HUGE backlash.

• Wow
Reactions: 36
I wasn't here for thread 175 because I was BUSY but I'm surprised Jack has such a sensitive bowel, with the amount of fishy eggs and other generally iffy slop she comsumes I thought she'd have a cast iron constitution, that and the fact that so much shite comes out of her mouth...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Is it ok to keep my kumquat hair? Whenever there are hats, they are placed on my arse (being a pineapple upside down avater), so I'm quite enjoying this :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
The responses and quote tweets of this .....

Possibly slightly OT but works back to Jack….

I understand some of the backlash from those who genuinely do have chronic illnesses/conditions and/or disabilities are horrified that anyone else would fake or exaggerate it for content. Let alone that often they don’t feel heard so to find people on SM with similar conditions can make them feel less isolated.

The issue is those who monetise *cough cough Jack* and rattle a tip jar when they’re able to work/demonstrate that they’re able to work with what are frankly questionable diagnosis’ in the first place. As with the stupidly priced ‘meals for £20’ Jack just further feeds the narrative that those who have XYZ condition must be exaggerating it/making it up when the likes of Jack seem to demonstrate very little impact on their day to day life. This further fuels why so many people are needlessly having to challenge decisions that say they can work etc when they can’t because fraudsters like Jack fuel that rhetoric.

I just don’t get why influencers feel they are beyond reproach for their actions? We all face end of year reviews/constructive criticism in the work place so why are they above it? People like Jack are just fuelling/promoting an inadequacy in the same way Insta mums prey on new mums to grift.

Sorry I’ve put that quite clumsily and don’t want to offend the Fraus and Herrs here who have been really open about the impact various conditions have had on their day to life and how they’ve had to jump through hoops to get the support needed.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I wonder if Jack has a page dedicated to her on the Reddit group they mention, the one based on discussing whether certain influencers are faking illnesses?!
I sub to the Reddit page but unfortunately I haven't seen Jack yet - she is not even close to the level of batshittery the people on there manage!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.