Jack Monroe #199 Just mind-bogglingly, gobsmackingly stupid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember how someone mentioned in a thread about how her house seems devoid of kid stuff, looks like she has been reading here again!

I “love“ how she always ends her Twitter visits with things like, “now if you’ll excuse me I have to go and do something much more IMPORTANT/FUN as I am WRITING/spending time with my SON. Have a lovely evening X”. Same energy as her being held hostage in thread 31 .
I'M BUSY!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I can't believe she's wheeled out the Del Monte pics again, you'd think she'd be glad to never have to look at them again. Perhaps she told them she'd give them a bonus post because of how tit it all was. I say this all the time but I can never quite believe that she continues with the whole food thing, just leave it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Love this footage of Jack reminding the audience in the opening few seconds that she is 'The talent'. Such humility does make you wonder how she subsequently gained a reputation for being difficult to work with by the DKL team. Easy to imagine her sweeping in and treating the floor crew like dirt.

Too early for thread titles, but (@Pocahontas) could we have a favourite Jack quote poll to mark the 200th thread? If so, I would like to nominate "I'm the talent, so if I can't have some pretzels then I don't know what the world is coming to" as an utterly ridiculous and characteristically egocentric entry.

Here is a great 'live' example of your point. As soon as the person has drawn an equivalence with her background, they have to be silenced mid-sentence.

THE TALENT
I have never seen this before

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Cathicn up atm but...

I have to admit I have someting frozen in a glass jar in the freezer and it's working fine (I had nothing else to use at that pint). But you don't hear me going on and on about it either or market it as some maverick sollution.

Next thing you know she'll invent using the breadbag as a sandwich bag.

Did some cross country travelling starting at 2am and a bit delirious so may only communicate in gif form.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Has Nigella succumbed to Jack's shameless attempts at trying to attract her attention?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Always gotta be overly dramatic and can't just say 'thank you', nope, gotta keep piling on the misery.

Have you actually tried to get better, Jack, or do you like the attention too much?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
I like how she's transcended actual concrete diagnoses and just gone for 'vaguely but persistently ill'. Much easier to keep up with.

She doesn't owe anyone an explanation but she suuuuure wants people to ask

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Always gotta be overly dramatic and can't just say 'thank you', nope, gotta keep piling on the misery.

Have you actually tried to get better, Jack, or do you like the attention too much?
There's nowt wrong with her. We've been hearing this "not quite there yet but better" since SHE LEFT. She's got nothing but a massive dose of lazyshitus and entitlement

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I've never seen her reply 'doing okay thanks'. There's always a sadfishing caveat. Always.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Nothing a wealthy, middle-aged, single, gay woman with a nice big house and a submissive personality couldn't cure

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 83
She's a liar. There were jars of pasta-based baby food in the eighties. And I don't believe her parents, busy foster carers that they were, wouldn't have slung bowls of pasta on the table. It's a saviour meal for families.
I’m really being a pasta truther here but if that other girl was that working class then she would have been on free school meals and I would imagine pasta is a popular option from years back?

Reactions: 30
I probably didn’t have your farfalle “pasta” until I was in double digits but if you exclude the Spaghetti Hoops I ate from the age of about two then no, I didn’t eat pasta until I was at big school.
I didn’t have non-tinned pasta at home until a similar age (basically until I learnt to cook it myself), but it was a mainstay of my (free) school dinners so I’d had had it.

I’m only very slightly younger than her so from anyone else I’d think her claim was plausible - if your parents don’t cook it, they don’t cook it, but with Jack I tend to assume if she’s claiming something like that she’s lying.

Reactions: 29
She’s considered it more than once 🙄
Thats absolutely shocking! Seriously unreal. I'll put good money on it (Yes Jack, some of us still manage to get our hands on a quid or two periodically. It's only you that it appears to avoid completely) that her advances and royalties from her pamphlets/books of dear God please don't make that. Ever. will have provided them with enough to get a deposit together or at the very least a bloody good start to one. So what exactly do they do with the cash they apparently don't have to splash? And why the actual duck should other people buy them a house for crying out loud? I'd like everyone to buy me a house. Hands in pockets and purses please.

Reactions: 28
What about all those Greek funerals she spent chomping on pastitsio?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I'm sure her son definitely asked for that recipe and she didn't at all fabricate it to get a virtual pat on the head from Mom. All young lads prefer chocolate with a cocoa content of over 70% mixed with fancy liqueur and three whole eggs. She's got enough fridges, why not just make a bleeping fridge cake?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.