Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Marj24

VIP Member
My first born mentioned earlier very sadly only made to the age of 10 (leukamia). I think this is one of the reasons Jack's constant digs at her son upset me so much. Enjoy your son Jack, soon you will be lucky to get an eyeroll and a grunt out of him (I have a younger son and remember the teenage years!) Second son is lovely now I am pleased to say.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 120

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
View attachment 682778How the fuck is this reverse meal planning? See what is in the house first and then buy what you need above this? What the actual fuck? This squiggle must have been on the cooking Sherry when they posted this.
I often do reverse meal planning. I buy a big expensive weekly shop, and then I order a Deliveroo while it goes rotten in my fridge because I'm lazy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 112

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
As someone who has had their (non-famous) parent mention them in their blog, I really feel for SB and I hate the persona Jack has created for him. Poor kid.
It's a really weird experience reading about yourself like that. My ex is a very minorly famous writer with a blog (doesn't have a Tattle thread, sadly), and he has written about our relationship in the past. It wasn't really intimate stuff, and he was pretty matter of fact and fair about our relationship, but I still hated the experience of someone who I used to be so close to using me as a subject matter. I can't imagine how weird it must be for someone trusted like a parent to write about you.

And of course, he posted the link to Twitter and got lots of "aww hun" type shit. I felt like replying and telling them he has skid marks. Instead, I went to Amazon and gave his book a 1-star review.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Oh I didn't realise we were almost at 200. In that case, I'm going to re-submit the thread title suggestion I had for thread 100 but which didn't make the cut : Jack Monroe - We got 199 threads, but the b*tch ain't done.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95

Pocahontas

VIP Member
General rule:
Don’t make even the simplest thing sound like such a ballache.
Don’t suggest freezing in glass jars to thousands of people stoopid enough to think that you actually know how to cook - and then be surprised when this is queried.
Leave the lid off, then screw it on, make sure you leave a space - blah, blah, blah. Not everyone has such luxuries of spare time.
Don’t cry about 4 quid bus fares and then tweet a photo of your ridiculously nice and expensively furnished house.
Don’t ever change.
What am I saying? She never will 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
Urgh she’s back. Talking about processed shit food like the brilliant cook she is. There is no food in any combination in the history of all time that she hasn’t tried is there.

Squiggle ‘Oh I like pilchards, jam, mustard and cream on a baguette’
Jack ‘one of my regular midnight scoffs’

Fuck offffffffffffff. Fuck off. Fuck offf offff OFF

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91

MancBee

VIP Member
I can't say I am keen on these documentaries of the life of someone who had a troubled and complex life. Not so soon after she died, and not of someone wo died so young.

Amy played out her addictions in the full glare of the media, they no doubt added to her issues. It is far too soon for a documentary delving into the areas of her life that she struggled with. It is also a bit distasteful that it is the self same media that hounded Amy while she was alive. I remember a news clip where a BBC reporter tried to interview Amy on the doorstep. It was clear she was off her face on some substance or other and very distressed. The resulting so called interview was shown on the evening news, it was terrible.

Maybe in another 10 years, but not now. Not to assuage the feelings of gilt by those around her. Not to titillate those who didn't know her. Not as entertainment for the ghouls that like nothing better than watch other's suffering.

A celebration of her music would be a more fitting tribute. I don't need to hear saccharine accounts of her life from those around her that pushed her too much, were enablers or part of her problems ( I am looking at you Mitch.)

They will say it will be a celebration of her life, but it will be a parade of people toadying around, making syrupy sweet comments. They will no doubt be analysing why she took to substance abuse, when the only person that really knows is no longer with us.

Sorry for long rant.

And for Jack to use Amy's death as a means to boost her own Twitter engagement is equally disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 90

Dogmuck

VIP Member
Apolos if this has already been discussed not fully up to date, Trifle defender on her best shade game...
2D8D8535-C988-48FA-A4A9-D096952BFFF0.jpeg

51488266-DA93-45B5-AA51-6AF699A27DAD.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I “love“ how she always ends her Twitter visits with things like, “now if you’ll excuse me I have to go and do something much more IMPORTANT/FUN as I am WRITING/spending time with my SON. Have a lovely evening X”. Same energy as her being held hostage in thread 31 .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
Because I clearly hate myself, I watched the entire Edinburgh Festival video on my lunch break and, LJC, it's an absolute slopmine of new (to me) information:

-The first time she applied for the fire service job (strongly encouraged by her dad) she didn't get it; she then "worked out and got fit" (not sure why she'd need to for a call handler role, but whatever), went and sat in the control room to see how the job worked (I'm sure any other applicant would have been afforded the same privilege and nepotism played no part at all!) and passed the interview with flying colours the second time. Funny, that.

-When offered her first £25k book deal, she thought to herself "That's basically my fire service salary, and all I have to do is look like I'm working for 12 months" (I see her outstanding work ethic and attitude to contractual obligations were always present).

-Even if she didn't end up writing the book, she'd still get her £8k down payment, so she signed the contract.

-Describes SB's fussy eating habits as "ridiculously embarrassing" and implies she takes them as a rejection of her life's work. Says she already goes to therapy twice a week and doesn't need a third appointment because of this.

-Describes yet another train incident whereby a group of drunk men were being loud and aggressive. Says she sat there like a quiet little mouse but if it had been on Twitter, she would have gone in with all guns blazing (paraphrasing, but the keyboard warrior admission is there).

-Describes her circle of friends as "ridiculous, feckless ready meal enthusiasts."

-Calls herself a "one woman cookery school" and in the next sentence admits she can't cook rice, which is why her books have so many risotto recipes ("All you have to do is stand and stir a pan for a really long time").

WHAT. A. WEAPON.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 84