Jack Monroe #199 Just mind-bogglingly, gobsmackingly stupid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
white lightning is like petrol, why why would you do this to food?!
Disgusting stuff, discontinued in 2009 due to terrible publicity, shouldn't be put in your body as a drink or in cooking

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
She's trying so so hard. My 11 year old nephews have more exciting things in their life than cooking (mostly sports and friends). I would be thrilled for a child to be into cooking at that age, but many just aren't and that's fine (at 11 I didn;t care for cooking or baking whatsoever and my mum never made me). She just can't help using that boy as a prop in her domestic goddess fantasy.
Absolutely pages behind, so apologies, but my son used to love cooking at that age but also loved a bit of gore. I’d try pick up, when I could, some yellow sticker filleted ‘whole‘ mackerels off the fish counter at Asda on my way home from work. A few pence. He’d scrub them in a CLEAN sink and as far as he was concerned he gutted them and we’d griddle them with a bit of seasoning for supper. Happy memories! Cooking can be a great way to spend time with younger teens....if they enjoy it and if they get to chose what they make. I doubt SB gets this.

soz I know there’s been a tit show since 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I’m having vegetable roll (shop bought), hassleback (standard) potatoes and beans(unrinsed) for tea. I wonder if Jack’s mum ever got the home made vegetable roll recipe. And I’m away to check has it been added to the coming soon section!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
My first born mentioned earlier very sadly only made to the age of 10 (leukamia). I think this is one of the reasons Jack's constant digs at her son upset me so much. Enjoy your son Jack, soon you will be lucky to get an eyeroll and a grunt out of him (I have a younger son and remember the teenage years!) Second son is lovely now I am pleased to say.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 120
My first born mentioned earlier very sadly only made to the age of 10 (leukamia). I think this is one of the reasons Jack's constant digs at her son upset me so much. Enjoy your son Jack, soon you will be lucky to get an eyeroll and a grunt out of him (I have a younger son and remember the teenage year!) Second son is lovely now I am pleased to say.
So sorry XX

• Heart
  • Sad
SB must be fizzing with excitement, it's the holibobs and he's having a wizard time doing fiendish puzzles and making complicated, expensive food with Mama. What larks, eh ☹
Poor lad probably just wants left in peace to play on his XBox or go and play football with his friends, she knows it’s 2021 not 1901 right what is with the whole Victorian esque activities?

My first born mentioned earlier very sadly only made to the age of 10 (leukamia). I think this is one of the reasons Jack's constant digs at her son upset me so much. Enjoy your son Jack, soon you will be lucky to get an eyeroll and a grunt out of him (I have a younger son and remember the teenage years!) Second son is lovely now I am pleased to say.
I’m so sorry ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I pretty much think of her food as margarine hell.
i think she wants ro be all of the obnoxious Rik mayall characters, anyone remember the bottom episode where eddie makes vodka margarine because he drank all the sherry.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
So sorry @Marj24 Jack really does not know how lucky she is. I hope she reads your post and is thoroughly ashamed.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I'm so sorry x

• Heart
Reactions: 24
@Marj24 I'm so sorry, I really hope my comment didn't offend, it was in reference to the Company House DOB. Please take all my best wishes and apologises xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Poor lad probably just wants left in peace to play on his XBox or go and play football with his friends, she knows it’s 2021 not 1901 right what is with the whole Victorian esque activities?
If they are doing these improbable activities, which I doubt, then it makes me sad because it feels as though SB is picking activities to make his mum happy 😞 if he’s not there much, is even worse.

I’m so sorry @Marj24 xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Sorry @Marj24

She really is awful and i feel for her kid.

Kind of love the shade of him picking " grandmoms" book over his own mummas though. If that doesnt tell ya yer kid isnt a fan i dont know what will.

• Haha
  • Heart
I'm assuming SB has deliberately picked something super complex and fiddly so she'll scamper off to the kitchen for 6 hours while he can play on his Xbox and have some peace and quiet

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Interesting that MOM didn’t respond yet. There was a real love in on food Twitter yesterday and she was replying to loads of people.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Have been away for a while - any news on what the “illness” is? Wasn’t it likely something along the lines of having her wisdom teeth out?? (Not quite sure why that is stuck in my head..)
And after her long break, have to say that this new aged, appreciative of everything all-we-need-is-love act that she’s playing now, is quite possibly the most mind numbingly dull and transparent role that she’s adopted yet..

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.