Jack Monroe #199 Just mind-bogglingly, gobsmackingly stupid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She had pasta for the first time at 14? Dafuq?
I find that incredibly difficult to believe....I made Mac and cheese in home economics ( as it was called in the 70's ) when I was at school in a very normal, but rural/agricultural part of Scotland....if we had pasta in the 70's in a small market town, where we had 1 'Fine Fare' supermarket, I'm sure it was available in Essex in the 90's and would not be exotic nor expensive

Reactions: 41
Number of likes switched off for the partnership post:
Screenshot_20210726-113754_Instagram.jpg

Number of likes switched on for the selfie:
Screenshot_20210726-114200_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210726-114427_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210726-114443_Instagram.jpg

Previous partnership post. Number of likes switched on:
Screenshot_20210726-114314_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
View attachment 680251

Is this to show the boy is with her? A hello to us!
I won't believe it unless she posts a picture of the resulting dish, with her and her son's hands in the picture. I don't need to see their faces, I have seen her hands often enough, and I am sure I can tell what an 11 year old's hands are like. Oh and todays newspaper showing the date!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
View attachment 680251

Is this to show the boy is with her? A hello to us!

Multi-layered as ever. Countering the distant parent narrative, playing up her Earth Mother Twitter profile, but as others have said, most importantly, sending out an unsolicited tag to Nigella in the hope she will respond in any way possible. Yes, a recipe with lashings of Amaretto liqueur is simply the perfect and obvious first choice for an 11 year-old boy and a recovering alcoholic. I guess she could always substitute the Amaretto with cold black tea.

1627299324776.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
SB must be fizzing with excitement, it's the holibobs and he's having a wizard time doing fiendish puzzles and making complicated, expensive food with Mama. What larks, eh ☹

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
I won't believe it unless she posts a picture of the resulting dish, with her and her son's hands in the picture. I don't need to see their faces, I have seen her hands often enough, and I am sure I can tell what an 11 year old's hands are like. Oh and todays newspaper showing the date!
I agree, every time jack posts about him she seems to giveaway more clues that she either has zero understanding of eleven year olds (because she doesn't actually spend any time with him) or SB is in fact a time traveller from the 1930s

Do 11 year old boys honestly get excited about toy trains?! they definitely do not enjoy being referred to as small boy

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
It's Nigella's Chocolate Salame, you twonk.
Oh my gosh, I genuinely thought they were going to make some sort of salami filled yule log abomination!!! Thank(space)you for getting that thought out of my head!

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Let's face it, with Jack, that is an actual possibility...
Take one salami sausage, roll in egg whites, chuck it in a bowl of Betty Crocker pre made choc frosting (coz I'm on a budget and too BUSY to make it from fresh), roll frosting laboriously and liberal all over your spicy sausage.

Slap it on a dirty plate, and voila; Chocolate Salami. (Serves zero)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 55
Nah, it’s just to wave at Mom and try to get some attention. Total performative BS.
Agree a lot.
I have been reading Nigella's twitter recently and she is so polite! She must spend hours and hours responding to her followers posts and commenting on their takes on her recipes. She has already been tagged in multiple times in response to Jacks post. No way will she be able to avoid replying.

Reactions: 46
I guess she could always substitute the Amaretto with cold black tea.
I am making pears poached in red wine as a pudding for the residents of my landing tonight. Is it possible to substitute the red wine with tea?

All together now

YES ABSOLUTELY (It will be disgusting, but that's never stopped Jack)

😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Not being funny but nuts are really bleeping expensive. Even if Jack DEMEANED herself to go to Lidl for them (I love Lidl btw) how can she be still on her “I can’t afford the bus to a cheaper supermarket” bullshit while happily smashing the old 70% valrhona, amaretti from the deli and those pricy little fat bombs into a melty turd?

Obv she’s loaded and can, of course, afford all of it. Just don’t understand how she’s so thick that she can’t make her miraculous changes in fortune a little less whiplash-inducing.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
I have had to stop calling my similar age child ‘small’ on the basis she is bloody taller than me.
She also won’t do puzzles with me (thank god) she ignores me as much as she can.

I’m trying to get her interested in cooking. She is, but only cake, nothing else. Would make a cake every bloody day if she could get away with it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
When he got to choose whatever he wanted, did he run over to mamma's book stack and pull out all the Nigellas?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.