Jack Monroe #199 Just mind-bogglingly, gobsmackingly stupid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyway, her shoes look like they'd smell of teen boys bedroom.

I changed my post about poverty because I started tearing up. I hate being poor.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Next thing you know she'll invent using the breadbag as a sandwich bag.
Reminds me of when me and my student mates used to send in crappy tips to Take a Break cos you’d get £30 a time if you got a tip published with a photo.

My friend came up with the lamest tip. When you’re finished with your coffee jar, rinse it out and use it for storing tea bags. I think they made it the top tip that week and he got even more money for it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
So at the height of summer, when the greengrocers and even the supermarkets are heaving with fresh, seasonal strawberries (which have been particularly great this year), cherries, raspberries, gooseberries, redcurrants and rhubarb, Jack considers this a good time to be shilling tinned fruit? Which is probably more expensive than stuff that actually tastes of fruit?

One or more of the parties in this advertising shitshow have not thought this partnership through properly.
And even a quick scan of IG shows that she has so much really talented and thoughtful competition out there - talented cooks who run supper clubs for example, who style their food beautifully, who have so much energy and enthusiasm for promoting the stuff they love and care about. It really shows up how much she is just half-arsing it and how little she knows. One of the things I hadn't noticed before becoming a dedicated follower of this thread is how warm and supportive the online food community is in general in promoting each others' work - Jack definitely benefitted from this back in the day when she was a little newbie waif, she has never reciprocated or paid it forward by tagging in others or retweeting (unless they are fellow blue ticks and she's bigging herself up) and her isolation is beginning to be quite noticeable, unsurprisingly. I think the failure to promote Full Time Meals was the final straw for a lot of people.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
Yeah I think with events like these, she completely forgets it's all going to be on the public record, so to speak, and she gets carried away, it's like the audience gives her a complete high so she can't help but play up to them. It's quite revealing as to what she must be like IRL, just so pleased with herself and basking in the attention.
So much this!!! You can see it in the book interview so badly, Jack truly has this belief they are adored by all, and that's why they get snarky and flouncy when confronted on anything, something as little as someone explaining why glass jars shouldn't be frozen for example, no one was choosing it as a hill to die on, Jack, they were just offering a differing opinion to yours. Turn the narc down from 11, Jack!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I think someone else (Caroline has hands, she could be using them?) is doing some of the posting. The generic questions, the posts with pink hearts on, the instagram ones. They are there to keep Jack's name around on social media. But Jack can't keep away so whenever there is the slightest bit of criticism she steams in and the tone of the posts is completely different.

No one with limited freezer space is storing things in jars. There's a reason that frozen food doesn't come in jars! They take up too much space
and can't stack well. It's a ridiculous suggestion.

Reactions: 44
I think I said this would happen. Those crazy clowns at Del Monte would forget to press the stop button on their Fack collaboration and it would just run indefinitely.

I think they’re waiting for the one sensible one at Del M to rock up on a unicycle, hooting a horn, and shove a cream cake into the face of the one holding the phone, thus officially signalling the end of the partnership.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Now now, don’t down play her freezer real estate, you and the whole cabal know she doesn’t have just one.

She has all the gifted fish, all the empty takeaway containers, the kilos of mash, etc etc languishing amongst the veg peelings 🤢 and eyelid sausages and yellow stickered gubbins
Quoting myself like a prune. I posted this at the time of its arrival

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
1987 baby with a Northern Irish mammy (and daddy! Nernerner Jack!) and spag bol or even fusilli bol or macaroni cheese featured heavily in my early years. Jack, you’re lyinggggg.

• Haha
What?! I can't bring myself to watch, but why would you lie about pasta? I could understand someone of my grandparents generation not trying it until they were older, but someone born in 1988 - duck off!
I'm just a couple of years older than Jack and I didn't have pasta until I was 18 or 19. That's mostly because I'm the pickiest eater on the planet but it's partly because my mum eats like WWII is still going on because her parents ate like that, all plain meat and over-boiled veg and nothing exotic and foreign like pasta. To this day, my mum still refuses to try rice.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Quoting myself like a prune. I posted this at the time of its arrival
It is a lovely piece of kitchen equipment. If I'm honest I am a little jealous as I would love to be able to not only afford the fridge freezer, but would love to be able to afford somewhere big enough to put it.

I wouldn't demean myself like Jack does to get one. I have more self respect than to beg online, or to pretend that I'm so poor that people pity me and send me money. I hate being pitied. Jack thrives on it.

As I have mentioned, it was my own stupid behaviour that got me to this place, I once did own my own flat and had nice things. To be fair, I am still grateful for what I have now. I am certainly more contented with my lot that Jack will ever be.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
You know, I did get a bit upset before talking about poverty. I went and had a cry in the shower and thought to myself- no matter how much Jack lies and cries poor while actually doing better than I financially I have something she'll never have.
CLEAN HAIR! HA!:LOL:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
Do we need a new list? Just while I'm sitting with my dad so I don't even need to text him (c) @kachoochoo

Moral high ground ✅
Non-grifted fridge-freezers and contents ✅
CLEAN HAIR ✅
Analogue mirrors ✅
Staircase recognition techniques ✅
Triangulation skills ✅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
You know, I did get a bit upset before talking about poverty. I went and had a cry in the shower and thought to myself- no matter how much Jack lies and cries poor while actually doing better than I financially I have something she'll never have.
CLEAN HAIR! HA!:LOL:
@MaineCoonMama you have many things JM doesn’t have
- partner who has not LEFT
- Integrity
- good tattoos
- Susan

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Don't make me cry again Hotes.
I've just had to pull Sue's beard hair out of her mouth for the 3rd time in as many minutes, haha.

• Haha
  • Heart
Fast forwarded to the house thing - where is her shame, even the cringe audience didn’t laugh at that and they were laughing at the rest of her pretty grim carry on.

It’s like Ian Lee, Hattie Gladwell, Jack Monroe, why do all of them see themselves above the methods of financing the rest of us have to do? Not many people have the luxury of forgetting pet insurance as you know you’re fucked if something bad happens, so you make sure you remember. I don’t understand what Jack thinks she’s done that exempts her from having to pay back a 20/30/35 year mortgage term? She’s an above average earner and Louisa is well within the top 5% of earners in the country. I don’t agree with the ~avocado on toast and coffee~ tit because the property market is SO broken and horrific but there’s seriously no reason that the two of them couldn’t afford to buy in Southend within a few years - and still have a decent QoL?!

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.