Jack Monroe #199 Just mind-bogglingly, gobsmackingly stupid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love this footage of Jack reminding the audience in the opening few seconds that she is 'The talent'. Such humility does make you wonder how she subsequently gained a reputation for being difficult to work with by the DKL team. Easy to imagine her sweeping in and treating the floor crew like dirt.

Too early for thread titles, but (@Pocahontas) could we have a favourite Jack quote poll to mark the 200th thread? If so, I would like to nominate "I'm the talent, so if I can't have some pretzels then I don't know what the world is coming to" as an utterly ridiculous and characteristically egocentric entry.

Here is a great 'live' example of your point. As soon as the person has drawn an equivalence with her background, they have to be silenced mid-sentence.

Oh my days. I may be some time, as I try to turn myself back from the inside-out I’ve just cringed myself into. 😩

Of particular note is the chastisement of the host, who hands over her copy of Cack’s book with a self-deprecating comment about ignoring the corners she’s turned down, only to be shamed in front of the room cos, in Cack’s opinion, “There’s not very many of them”. Jee-zuz, the arrogance.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 51
Love this footage of Jack reminding the audience in the opening few seconds that she is 'The talent'. Such humility does make you wonder how she subsequently gained a reputation for being difficult to work with by the DKL team. Easy to imagine her sweeping in and treating the floor crew like dirt.

Too early for thread titles, but (@Pocahontas) could we have a favourite Jack quote poll to mark the 200th thread? If so, I would like to nominate "I'm the talent, so if I can't have some pretzels then I don't know what the world is coming to" as an utterly ridiculous and characteristically egocentric entry.

Here is a great 'live' example of your point. As soon as the person has drawn an equivalence with her background, they have to be silenced mid-sentence.

The guardian has so much to answer for, the talent? Jesus

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She had pasta for the first time at 14? Dafuq?
and yet: "Pastitsio is a food that reminds me of my childhood; snaffled from piled-high buffet plates at various relatives’ houses following Greek Orthodox church services, usually a christening or a funeral."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
and yet: "Pastitsio is a food that reminds me of my childhood; snaffled from piled-high buffet plates at various relatives’ houses following Greek Orthodox church services, usually a christening or a funeral."
You couldn't make it up! Except...she does.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I use jarred sauces, because I’m a lazy arse who can cook but usually can’t be fecked. But even I know that you can make a tomato based sauce for peanuts (on a biiiiird)
Also wouldn’t you need a mahoosive freezer to fill it full of jam jars of slop?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
She had pasta for the first time at 14? Dafuq?
She's being her typical elevenerifer self. Cos in the Vegan Pastitsio recipe she says - 'Pastitsio is a food that reminds me of my childhood; snaffled from piled-high buffet plates at various relatives’ houses following Greek Orthodox church services, usually a christening or a funeral. My aunties would usually make them; huge trays of something that was a cross between a lasagne and a macaroni cheese.'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Also is the delmonte thing the crumpet pizzas? Some needs to remind her what pizza looks like. Also thats quite a lazy advert.

I like canned fruit. THE END

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Ah 8am, a great time to maximise reach and engagement!

In trying to hide her corporate sponsors she’s only bleeping herself over, they just won’t choose to work with her again when only 30 people see this tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Got Jamiroquai pounding round my head now… ‘Got canned fruit in my heels tonight, yeah yeah’

• Haha
Reactions: 35
So at the height of summer, when the greengrocers and even the supermarkets are heaving with fresh, seasonal strawberries (which have been particularly great this year), cherries, raspberries, gooseberries, redcurrants and rhubarb, Jack considers this a good time to be shilling tinned fruit? Which is probably more expensive than stuff that actually tastes of fruit?

One or more of the parties in this advertising shitshow have not thought this partnership through properly.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Lmao who lies about pasta?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.