Jack Monroe #199 Just mind-bogglingly, gobsmackingly stupid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I titled gentry, as I upgraded my bog standard toastie maker for a panini press? Get me. Bought it with my own pennies too. Yeah. No magic puddles here lolololol.

Honestly though, who the duck thinks a toastie maker is bleeping posh? Jack is the NB in the bubble, so bleeping dense with it too!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I’ve had to come back to this tweet and screenshot I’ve stolen from @Silver Linings
View attachment 679772
It’s the first week of the summer holidays the weather has been 30° some days and they’ve been doing a puzzle? He’a an 11 year old boy, no offence to any puzzling loving Frau but it doesn’t exactly scream fun. Take him to the park or the beach and get an ice cream.

I know! I know! I know!

*Note to self*
Never offer to make @Begborrowsteal bolognese 😳
1) she's chatting tit. I'm sure he will have a great time with his Dad.
2) WHYYYYY dolmio. Honestly, tinned tomatoes and add your garlic & herbs - itll taste so much nicer!! X

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I was grunking to see if someone had said this, and had forgotten what I was outraged about.
Why doesn't someone tell Jack to get to absolute duck with her costing of what it would take to make bolognese sauce?
Squiggle mentions tinned tomatoes at 25p and she costs salad tomatoes at 71p. Do Jacks followers not have brain cells?
They are so duplicitous it does my head in.
In Tesco tinned tomatoes are about 50p and a pack of six salad tomatoes is about 75p.

And as I've posted before, if you are properly skint then the following:

2 tins of tomatoes (£1)
1 tin of mushrooms (50p)
1 tin of mince and onion (£1.50)
500g of pasta (50p)

will make 5 or more meals for £3.50.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
1) she's chatting tit. I'm sure he will have a great time with his Dad.
2) WHYYYYY dolmio. Honestly, tinned tomatoes and add your garlic & herbs - itll taste so much nicer!! X
Because I’m really lazy when it comes to cooking but that sounds tasty and simple enough that I won’t have a Jack like incident so I will be ditching the Dolmio thank you for the tip 😘.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
If that’s the case it really hits home just how much Twitter is a such a huge part of Jack’s life.

Also, welcome! 👋🥳 Were you formerly a fan of Jack’s? (You don’t have to answer that of course, I’m just nosy!).
Cheers!

I'm not sure fan is the right word - I am a fussy eater so thought that was why all the food sounded gross, but I definitely got sucked in by the OG tale back in the day.

I was limited with social media thanks to my previous jobs so never bothered until the lockdown and I had no idea how that narrative had expanded over the years until recently!

It's quite something!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
This is the article I read on freezing in jars...
I keep chilis and chopped onions in glass jars. Freezing bottles is a no go.
I try to avoid plastic and have been doig this for years, nothing ever exploded. But the squigs are so dumb, I would not argue or advise it to anyone but it can be done and it is safe. I am still not Jack.
@traumatised sideboard ,sorry, I know I am in for eye treatment.

Reactions: 27
Because I’m really lazy when it comes to cooking but that sounds tasty and simple enough that I won’t have a Jack like incident so I will be ditching the Dolmio thank you for the tip 😘.
I used to always use the jars but now i always make it from scratch, it was doing that which made me enjoy cooking again! Trying stuff out and feeling proud of a good sauce lol. Cooking down onions (in a hot pan), looooots of garlic, POBP, a mix of herbs and spices etc. Its lovely!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I get that sauce in a jar is great in many situations. I prefer making the sauce to my own taste (unfortunately) which means I make it once in a blue moon. Tin of tomatoes, onion powder, garlic, salt, pinch of sugar and plenty of frozen basil, chopped when fresh.
If I was making a makeshift pizza I’d just use tomato purée, cheaper than a jar of smartprice sauce, more versatile, longer lasting etc etc

She does the absolute most to pretend she's very working class poor. So much so that she's lost grip of reality. Same one has a coat worth more than the entirety of my possessions put together.
Agree - she acts as if she daren’t afford the tuppence bus fair to thee olde seaside lest SB sees the newfangled plastic buckets all the other kids have, how would ever afford such a delight? 🙄

Didn’t think of it but other people are right - he’d have wanted a Rossi’s and a whizz round the arcade not playing lockdown 1: the revival with mamapapa.

More power to ICO squiggle. Really pray she gets somewhere with them as it could be a really interesting case.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
My kids have only been off since wednesday and apart from today as it was rest day as one of my children got carried away and hurt himself yesterday mucking about, ( nothing serious) we have been out and about everyday. We have not touched a boardgame or likewise because they are rainy day activities.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
In Tesco tinned tomatoes are about 50p and a pack of six salad tomatoes is about 75p.

And as I've posted before, if you are properly skint then the following:

2 tins of tomatoes (£1)
1 tin of mushrooms (50p)
1 tin of mince and onion (£1.50)
500g of pasta (50p)

will make 5 or more meals for £3.50.
also who would use salad tomatoes over tinned plum tomatoes? she is just saying it to inflate the price and throwing the cornflour in there as well. she should be championing homemade actually tasty, healthy, and cheap food. can you imagine a professional chef or food writer ever talking bollocks like she does. NO of course not.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
So it would appear she’s just as unpleasant and argumentative as ever. No wonder her so-called career has gone down the shitter, as other more talented and likeable people have effortlessly taken her place.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
So it would appear she’s just as unpleasant and argumentative as ever. No wonder her so-called career has gone down the shitter, as other more talented and likeable people have effortlessly taken her place.
Exactly. It's no wonder she hasn't been invited on Saturday Kitchen, whilst practically everyone else who was on Daily Kitchen Live has been. She's just a has-bean.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Am I titled gentry, as I upgraded my bog standard toastie maker for a panini press? Get me. Bought it with my own pennies too. Yeah. No magic puddles here lolololol.

Honestly though, who the duck thinks a toastie maker is bleeping posh? Jack is the NB in the bubble, so bleeping dense with it too!
Where does that leave me? My gadget has changeable plates, allowing panini, toasty and waffle cooking. I bought it with points. Get me

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Exactly. It's no wonder she hasn't been invited on Saturday Kitchen, whilst practically everyone else who was on Daily Kitchen Live has been. She's just a has-bean.

Love this footage of Jack reminding the audience in the opening few seconds that she is 'The talent'. Such humility does make you wonder how she subsequently gained a reputation for being difficult to work with by the DKL team. Easy to imagine her sweeping in and treating the floor crew like dirt.

Too early for thread titles, but (@Pocahontas) could we have a favourite Jack quote poll to mark the 200th thread? If so, I would like to nominate "I'm the talent, so if I can't have some pretzels then I don't know what the world is coming to" as an utterly ridiculous and characteristically egocentric entry.

She pathologically opposed to allowing anyone to offer a suggestion that she hasn’t already heard about/tried/invented/written a recipe about already I see?!

Here is a great 'live' example of your point. As soon as the person has drawn an equivalence with her background, they have to be silenced mid-sentence.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Agree - she acts as if she daren’t afford the tuppence bus fair to thee olde seaside lest SB sees the newfangled plastic buckets all the other kids have, how would ever afford such a delight? 🙄

Didn’t think of it but other people are right - he’d have wanted a Rossi’s and a whizz round the arcade not playing lockdown 1: the revival with mamapapa.

More power to ICO squiggle. Really pray she gets somewhere with them as it could be a really interesting case.
Maybe the tick tock in her tweet references a time limit that has been issued, hence jack hiding as she has real legal trouble? 🤔

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.