Jack Monroe #199 Just mind-bogglingly, gobsmackingly stupid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh she’s collected herself and got in a rattle. Nicey done, Jack.View attachment 679293

View attachment 679295
Aannndddd there she is the Jack we all know
ETA: why’s she telling people to freeze glass? It’s dangerous, I remember when me & former Mr Ssw got a new fridge and I stupidly turned the dial too far and accidentally set it were it started to freeze, went away for the weekend and returned to a puddle of Stella on the kitchen floor because all the bottles had shattered. I got banned from touching buttons and dials from then on.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Long term lurker here, have been gently, softly grunking my way through the astounding collection you have compiled here.

I have been hooting and fizzing for weeks!

I agree that Jack is likely in a treatment programme atm, reckon the phone is only with them for the fortnightly visit. I hope that some of it takes, if only for their child.

I suspect the gracious thoughts tweet is part homework and part 'evidence' to her support team that she can manage her socials in a healthy way, which as we've seen, is maybe a premature concept.

Can't just say 'off for some family time' though can they, even the fun time activities they spend with their son have to be some epic monumental challenge they are conquering.

I don't think the granola is ever happening. It is crunchy and dry - the kryptonite of slop and mush.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
She always confuses me when she goes the old " yeah but if you buy all those ingredients its an initial outlay of X amount". Because all her bloody recipes are onion 7p , butter 1p
I think that's her point she realises she is ridiculous and trying to sound like she came up with it on her own

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Jack has a *cough* fairly extensive CV.
I just couldn't recall where that fit in to the timeline. I'm presuming post school and pre fire service. But then again this is Jack we're talking about so it's probably made up.

Reactions: 30
Lord Jesus Compton, she's like a Mogwai (🥕 changed it to migraine which is also not far off) that someone's fed after midnight. Thank Louisa that she'll be cut off from social media for the next week. If I read even one more thing about freezing jars I will remove my eyeballs and pickle them with mandarins.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Who feels posh for having a toastie maker? They've been a staple my entire life, and not once have I ever thought to myself we were posh for owning one. Just replaced our incredibly elderly one with a deep dish version (so fancy) for $15 from KMart for goodness sake!
She does the absolute most to pretend she's very working class poor. So much so that she's lost grip of reality. Same one has a coat worth more than the entirety of my possessions put together.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Wonder whats gone off there sounds scary.
It’s the same person who tweeted this to Jack back in April. It looks like they have since made a report to the ICO about Jack’s (potential, your honour) data breach.

9BE08D7A-DFC4-43C2-B23C-F0CE94D6C836.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
What the duck is she talking about. You can make a pizza sauce with a jar of passata and some salt and pepper. No idea what the duck she is putting in lemon juice for?
And why is she putting cornflour in a home made tomato sauce?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
I’ve had to come back to this tweet and screenshot I’ve stolen from @Silver Linings
730C0CE2-C40B-41F8-B680-98F2E370ACF4.jpeg

It’s the first week of the summer holidays the weather has been 30° some days and they’ve been doing a puzzle? He’a an 11 year old boy, no offence to any puzzling loving Frau but it doesn’t exactly scream fun. Take him to the park or the beach and get an ice cream.

And why is she putting cornflour in a home made tomato sauce?
I know! I know! I know!

I mean, I wouldnt make a bolognese with Dolmio nevermind a bloody pizza!
*Note to self*
Never offer to make @Begborrowsteal bolognese 😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I suspect the gracious thoughts tweet is part homework and part 'evidence' to her support team that she can manage her socials in a healthy way, which as we've seen, is maybe a premature concept.
If that’s the case it really hits home just how much Twitter is a such a huge part of Jack’s life.

Also, welcome! 👋🥳 Were you formerly a fan of Jack’s? (You don’t have to answer that of course, I’m just nosy!).

• Haha
Reactions: 34
She always confuses me when she goes the old " yeah but if you buy all those ingredients its an initial outlay of X amount". Because all her bloody recipes are onion 7p , butter 1p
I was grunking to see if someone had said this, and had forgotten what I was outraged about.
Why doesn't someone tell Jack to get to absolute duck with her costing of what it would take to make bolognese sauce?
Squiggle mentions tinned tomatoes at 25p and she costs salad tomatoes at 71p. Do Jacks followers not have brain cells?
They are so duplicitous it does my head in.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.