Jack Monroe #199 Just mind-bogglingly, gobsmackingly stupid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
SB is probably happy his mother is farting about on the hellscape, he has already had his mind blown over crumpets, now a fiendish puzzle with mother? Can't even get the lego sets down to play with.

Poor lad.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Absolutely completely OT but watching the woman’s synchronized diving medal presentation and because covid the girls are putting the medals on each other and it’s soooooooo sweet. *sob*

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Oh duck she has a mummified cat. Was that a packing box in the top pic? The toys on the picture rail have never been seen in previous pics so I smell a rat. Re freezing glass, she is dangerous with her 'advice'. She did similar with saying it was ok to put dish soap on the dishwasher 🙄

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
This is part of why she’s not getting booked in the new wave of cheap / easy / tinned food. No one has time to freeze used pasta water or prep a bean salad 3 days in advance, or even grate a mushroom. Ppl just want something quick, cheap, yet lovely and she has yet to prove that’s possible from her.
Plus glass jars/lids are not easy for certain disabilities, particularly arthritis. Jack has just given herself away there. Also not easy to cook at short notice, you need to leave it to defrost at least an hour or more.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Also I've had a thought and I'm going to preface this with the understanding that I'm pretty sure I'm wrong but I can't shake it.

What if "SB" is the handler? I would hope other responsible adults in his life wouldn't let that happen - firstly, he doesn't need the responsibility, secondly, how unfair to visit and know that what you're bringing is more important. It just feels weird to me. Or maybe SBs dad has intervened for the sake of SB and school changes

• Sad
Reactions: 26
She's missed Twitter and it's 'argumentative ways'? It takes two to tango mate. Any tweet that doesn't lick your arse, you react like a gammon on a Facebook post.

Plenty of people use Twitter with very little controversy. Plenty don't average 60 plus Tweets in a day. Twitter isn't the problem, you are.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
She always confuses me when she goes the old " yeah but if you buy all those ingredients its an initial outlay of X amount". Because all her bloody recipes are onion 7p , butter 1p

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Just been grunking the last few pages... I know, I'm retired, but how the hell am I supposed to find the time to keep up? Only posting to register my disappointment that Jack's arse didn't tweet anything remotely Mediterranean

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.