Jack Monroe #195 She basically writes fan-fiction about herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Should I buy a bath bomb, a scented candle and listen to some up-tempo 80's crappy music whilst turning to a prune in the bath?

memememememe Had some really crappy health news yesterday. Trying to take it all in and make sense of it all. I have just got over one type of cancer, all clear in a letter a few weeks ago. End of the lockdown in sight, things are finally looking more positive.

Then the doctor rang out of the blue mid afternoon, only to tell me I most likely have another type of cancer. Emergency admission to a London hospital one day next week for biopsies, but my scans/blood tests/physical examination last week are pretty conclusive.

I am always positive about prospects, but even I am finding it hard this time. The thought of going through treatment and operations again just fills me with despair. Fingers crossed they have got it wrong this time.

Thanks to you lot of ninnies for providing me with a distraction, humour and support. It really does help.
So sorry to hear you’ve got yet another heap of stealing horse tit to deal with. That’s beyond awful. We are all crossing our fingers here that it’s a false diagnosis x
That song by Toploader gives me the rage every time I hear it 🤣🤣🤣 It’s too happy clappy tinkly winkly bollocks. Totally agree that in the pits of depression, the last thing you feel like doing is listening to happy songs about people having fun!! Jesus.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
"Mr Smith what seems to be the problem?"

"Well doctor, my wife left and took the kids. I feel like I have no reason to get up out of bed. I'm struggling at work, I'm angry and tired all the time. Sometimes I go to the park and feed the gloves birdseed while crying, it's the only thing that keeps me going."

"We have just the thing"

*The GP dims the lights and turns on the projector*

That's a banging video!

I'm in a full blown clinical depression right now and music is one of the few things that lift me out of myself for a while and lifts my mood. Having said that, Hattie's "article" is utter gash and just a pointless space filler. Does he breakdown mag have ads? I have an ad blocker (which also means Vlad doesn't talk to me on here!).

• Heart
Reactions: 27

I see that Jack has made it onto the Pride Power List. Alas, sugar mummy Linda couldn’t be bothered to spell her name correctly.

I’ll admit that I had a mean little laugh that she’s ranked below performative queer in distinctly heterosexual relationship, Jameela Jamil.

What a London/SE centric list, anybody would think that Gay people in the rest of the UK are not powerful or influential. By the way, in what way is Jack, or in fact half that list, powerful?

I actively dislike 25% of people on that list. Having been involved with LGBTQ+ activism the whole of my life (up North for the most part) and I have met some of those people. They are not nice.

I think 25% of them are self serving and self promoting idiots who care not a jot for anything that doesn't further their career. They are not interested in LGBTQ+ rights unless they somehow profit from it.

I have no idea who a further 25% are.

Good call on the remainder though.

ETA, in what world is Russell T Davies, less powerful than Jack? He's the writer of two of the most iconic pieces of gay TV drama in modern times,

It's a bloody joke.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
It is interesting that Jack’s entry includes free school meals other than a bit of performative Twittering and this is my thing what did she actually do?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
As usual, Jack has half-arsed it.

View attachment 636420

I've thought this too. I often fancy women who look like Jack and loved the short hair, tats, and androgynous look in my lesbian days. But she does absolutely nothing for me. I think it's because it's so insincere, and it doesn't really seem like her look. It's like she's wearing a 'sexy butch lesbian' Halloween costume that she bought from a fancy dress shop.

Allegra really does it for me though. I like that she seems comfortable in her own skin. I bet she'd be a laugh.
I think you’re right, Jack is not comfortable their own skin. Its why they change their image so often. So many rubbish haircuts, so many looks and dressing up.

Reactions: 24
As usual, Jack has half-arsed it.

View attachment 636420

I've thought this too. I often fancy women who look like Jack and loved the short hair, tats, and androgynous look in my lesbian days. But she does absolutely nothing for me. I think it's because it's so insincere, and it doesn't really seem like her look. It's like she's wearing a 'sexy butch lesbian' Halloween costume that she bought from a fancy dress shop.

Allegra really does it for me though. I like that she seems comfortable in her own skin. I bet she'd be a laugh.
Jack doesn’t have a sense of humour and she isn’t that clever. That’s the twinkle that i think is hot. Many models are beautiful, Beyoncé is beautiful, Rihanna is FIT. There is a reason why average looking comedians do pretty well with women.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Jack doesn’t have a sense of humour and she isn’t that clever. That’s the twinkle that i think is hot. Many models are beautiful, Beyoncé is beautiful, Rihanna is FIT. There is a reason why average looking comedians do pretty well with women.
That reason is confidence, something Fack doesn’t have.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’ve had a look and I can’t believe we haven’t had “she’s left” as a thread title! But I feel in homage to NI Jack can we have “she hasn’t gone away you know” as a title?

• Haha
  • Heart
It is interesting that Jack’s entry includes free school meals other than a bit of performative Twittering and this is my thing what did she actually do?
This is Jack all over though. Smoke and mirrors - bangs on about something on twitter enough, sells an article about it to a paper, endlessly hints at things going on 'behind the scenes' with absolutely no proof - and hey presto she is an activist. Throw in some twitter moaning about how oppressed and tired she feels because of it all and everyone else believes it too.

(@MancBee I'm so sorry to hear your news. It's just not bloody fair sometimes. I really hope things work out and that you are OK. x)

• Heart
Reactions: 28
@MancBee genuinely sorry to hear your health news. I feel like I have really got to know you with all of your thoughtful and insightful posts. Bet you are funny as hell in real life too.

With regard the JM non sexy thing, I think its because she is inauthentic. There's nothing more attractive than someone who is principled, confident in who they are and self assured in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
By the way, I had a good night's sleep last night. Thankfully Jack's lack of sexual allure or sensuality didn't cause me any concern.

I would say though, she may have managed to get engaged to numerous women, but she couldn't sustain the relationships. We have all had failed relationships in the past, but Jack's churn rate is a bit much. It is almost as if they drop her like a hot brick (or peach drizzle cake) as soon as they get to know her.

Also, she is also not 20 anymore. The cute, giggly, awkward, gawky ever changing image is not quite as easy to pull off when you are approaching middle age with a grown up son. It isn't an attractive trait in your mid 30's to be so superficial and contrived, especially in such an amateurish way. I don't think engagement 5 will be as easy to come by, especially from the social circles she aspires to.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
That song by Toploader is the epitome of everyone being out there having a good time, just what you need when you're stuck in your depression pit, not having any sort of good time 🙄🙄🙄.

My concentration span was appalling when I was depressed and listening to music and reading, aka my two favourite things, were impossible.
This is true. When I’m going through really bad periods of depression, I find it difficult to listen to music that reminds me of good times. There’s a certain band that I’ve loved since I was a teenager and I’ve seen live dozens of times, and I haven’t been able to listen to them for over a year because the happy emotions feel completely alien when I’m this depressed. I actually find sad music is a lot more soothing when I’m feeling like tit.

I’m imaging that the crew at the Breakdown think that Father Ted is accurate, and if you dance around listening to Shaft, you’ll somehow get better.

Yuck at that Pride list. Some right knobs on there. Creepy Peter Tatchell. Twitter gobshites Munroe Bergdorf and little Owen Jones. Jack belongs on there.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
What a London/SE centric list, anybody would think that Gay people in the rest of the UK are not powerful or influential. By the way, in what way is Jack, or in fact half that list, powerful?

I actively dislike 25% of people on that list. Having been involved with LGBTQ+ activism the whole of my life (up North for the most part) and I have met some of those people. They are not nice.

I think 25% of them are self serving and self promoting idiots who care not a jot for anything that doesn't further their career. They are not interested in LGBTQ+rights unless they somehow profit from it.

I have no idea who a further 25% are.

Good call on the remainder though.

ETA, in what world is Russell T Davies, less powerful than Jack? He's the writer of two of the most iconic pieces of gay TV drama in modern times,

It's a bloody joke.
I dont know but i really dislike that these ranking things. Why are these slebs better at anything to do with pride or influencing pride than your average joe LGBTQ+ person.

I always thought pride was about accepting everyone about making everyone equal so i find putting these people in the top whatever quite hypocritical. In my opinion.

• Heart
383C85DD-7C0A-427C-A935-462F8A582515.png
Does the left one on ‘bag of tricks’ say sack oil?

0DAA9B0D-0956-46C5-87BA-8339420FA435.png
Concrete and cheese soda bread 🧱
White sauce ‘sleazy” 🤮 🐎 💦

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 57
Looks as if the book may actually have some content in it now.

9EBECD35-88F6-4667-B022-37F4175B5C29.jpeg

sending lots of love @MancBee - the NHS has world leading cancer experts & surgeons so you’ll be looked after so so well my love, but thinking of you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 47
View attachment 636892Does the left one on ‘bag of tricks’ say sack oil?

View attachment 636900Concrete and cheese soda bread 🧱
White sauce ‘sleazy” 🤮 🐎 💦
Stack oil. She must have loads of it.

Also Christ
Looks as if the book may actually have some content in it now.

View attachment 636897

sending lots of love @MancBee - the NHS has world leading cancer experts & surgeons so you’ll be looked after so so well my love, but thinking of you xx
I thought she was wishing manc bee all the best, almost peed my pants. 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.