Jack Monroe #195 She basically writes fan-fiction about herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just sat outside for a quick toke on the vape, turns out I'd trapped a cat hair in the element. GROSS! Like smoking one of Jack's drain hair things haha.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
"Author"? Has she spent the last 3 months hammering out her gritty debut novel, following the plucky heroine Zoe Jack Lawson as she navigates the murky, cutthroat world of Southend's used lightbulb black market?

• Haha
Reactions: 36

I see that Jack has made it onto the Pride Power List. Alas, sugar mummy Linda couldn’t be bothered to spell her name correctly.

I’ll admit that I had a mean little laugh that she’s ranked below performative queer in distinctly heterosexual relationship, Jameela Jamil.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Should I buy a bath bomb, a scented candle and listen to some up-tempo 80's crappy music whilst turning to a prune in the bath?

memememememe Had some really crappy health news yesterday. Trying to take it all in and make sense of it all. I have just got over one type of cancer, all clear in a letter a few weeks ago. End of the lockdown in sight, things are finally looking more positive.

Then the doctor rang out of the blue mid afternoon, only to tell me I most likely have another type of cancer. Emergency admission to a London hospital one day next week for biopsies, but my scans/blood tests/physical examination last week are pretty conclusive.

I am always positive about prospects, but even I am finding it hard this time. The thought of going through treatment and operations again just fills me with despair. Fingers crossed they have got it wrong this time.

Thanks to you lot of ninnies for providing me with a distraction, humour and support. It really does help.
Sending you love and cancer-kicking vibes. That's pretty tit news to hear and it's not surprising that you feel down. I really hope that they've either got it wrong or that it's quickly fixed. You've got the whole canal at your back which is likely to frighten anything into submission.

Can we send you a red lipstick, cheerful mixtape, fright wig, or cake brick to work wonders? I'm not a doctor but I am a laydee (well, my school said so...) so it's bound to cure the miseries.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Catching up and wanted to send all the positive power of the cable to Manc Bee!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Much love to you @MancBee

May we have many more months ahead stifling giggles at Jack's latest faux pas whilst you recover from this new setback ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
@MancBee hoping you make a complete recovery 🤞
I enjoy your contributions very much and you bring great good sense to this crazy forum!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
That list is utterly infuriating.

I said this before on here but will say it again.

Everyone has physical health and everyone has mental health. But when discussing physical health we don’t compare a bruise with a chronic fatigue illness nor a broken bone with paralysis. However when it comes to mental health it appears people will link a down day with chronic depression.
The need to open up discussions about mental health issues sometimes seems to be damaging them. If you have a chemical imbalance in your brain then listening to sodding ‘Walking on sunshine’ will not fix it, you need professional medical help and medicine.
In the same way that if you had diabetes you would be given proper medical support not told to read a self help book.

It absolutely infuriates me that the range of emotions we do and should feel are used by many influencers to claim mental health issues. Shopping, music, reading, exercising, walking, gardening are all productive uses of time that could enhance your day and emotions but will not fix a proper chemical imbalance that is a mental illness.

*I haven’t read the music article, I won’t give them traffic but we do need to discuss the difference between mental health and mental illness in the same way we do with physical health and physical Illness and I doubt that article goes anywhere near this issue!

Ted talk over. 😀
This times a million. In my case I needed a high dose of medication over a long period, counselling and CBT.
Nice music might help you with a sad day, but depression is not that and social media constantly conflates the two. Unfortunately after the stigma of mental illness we have the fashion for mental illness.

Should I buy a bath bomb, a scented candle and listen to some up-tempo 80's crappy music whilst turning to a prune in the bath?

memememememe Had some really crappy health news yesterday. Trying to take it all in and make sense of it all. I have just got over one type of cancer, all clear in a letter a few weeks ago. End of the lockdown in sight, things are finally looking more positive.

Then the doctor rang out of the blue mid afternoon, only to tell me I most likely have another type of cancer. Emergency admission to a London hospital one day next week for biopsies, but my scans/blood tests/physical examination last week are pretty conclusive.

I am always positive about prospects, but even I am finding it hard this time. The thought of going through treatment and operations again just fills me with despair. Fingers crossed they have got it wrong this time.

Thanks to you lot of ninnies for providing me with a distraction, humour and support. It really does help.
That’s really awful news and I too hope they have got it wrong. Sending hopeful thoughts. The canal will be here in its own mithering way for distraction.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Sending you all my biggest cancer butt kicking vibes @MancBee

She is a very unsexy person. It's all just too try hard and look at me, rather than natural charisma. Saying that, she's managed to pull plenty of times, so maybe it's better in person?

• Heart
Reactions: 31
@MancBee Sending love.

I agree that Jack is conventionally good looking... but her clothes, posture, personality and voice stop her from being sexy, imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
That song by Toploader is the epitome of everyone being out there having a good time, just what you need when you're stuck in your depression pit, not having any sort of good time 🙄🙄🙄.

My concentration span was appalling when I was depressed and listening to music and reading, aka my two favourite things, were impossible.

The editorial values for the comic my class made in primary school were higher than the Hattler's. Women selling each other 'wellness' crap in boxes, newsletters and webinars is the new MLM.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
That song by Toploader is the epitome of everyone being out there having a good time, just what you need when you're stuck in your depression pit, not having any sort of good time 🙄🙄🙄.

My concentration span was appalling when I was depressed and listening to music and reading, aka my two favourite things, were impossible.

The editorial values for the comic my class made in primary school were higher than the Hattler's. Women selling each other 'wellness' crap in boxes, newsletters and webinars is the new MLM.
The listening to uplifting tit is complete bull tit. I have had depression and sticking on something like here comes the sun does duck all but irritate you more because you feel so tit.

I barely listened to music when i felt down my brain just couldnt deal with they noise.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Thanks for the kind words, I know that they are truly meant, and they do help.

During my night of limited sleep last night (mind all over the place) my thoughts kept returning to Jack for some odd reason.

I can see that Jack is attractive, some might say pretty and she is photogenic albeit partially the results of photoshop. However she has zero sex appeal. She just isn't sexy at all. I don't know what makes someone attractive, desirable, sultry or alluring, but some people just are.

I have said before on here, I am not what you would call handsome, good looking or photogenic, but I seem to have that spark that people find sexy. I have no idea why. There are loads of stories, It became a bit of a joke with my friends (Christ we've only been in here 5 minutes, that sort of thing), but they would be far too off topic. 😂:eek:

I just kept going round and round trying to make sense of why she is so unsexy, what makes her so unappealing and without any sensuality. She is not raunchy in any way even when she tries to be sexy it comes across as yucky, or gauche darling (granny pants anyone)............ Well at least it kept me occupied. 😂😂
I think it's because they have an awkwardness about them, they remind me of character from Peep Show.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I think it's because they have an awkwardness about them, they remind me of character from Peep Show.
There's a Matt Hancock photos/Peep Show quotes account on Twitter which is spot on for cringe level. I'm sure it's called Matt Corrigan or something similar.
Yet again, Jack bringing the big Tory energy.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.