Jack Monroe #195 She basically writes fan-fiction about herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Silly question time sorry: it’s fair to assume she has laptops, EarPods, phones, etc bought under the company (and tbh that’s fair enough - she is a blogger and award winning influencer 😉) that will become property of the crown. Do they actually bother going into the address to retrieve them all?! Imagine if she finally gets those bailiffs she’s spent a decade writing fanfic about 😭
Probably not, unless they're brand new, it wouldn't be worth the effort. They'd settle for whatever cash was in the bank account. It's interesting, if you go bankrupt HMRC can't take 'the tools of your trade', but I don't know if that applies if a one-person company is struck off.

Does this mean she’s finally submitted her accounts, and they will be available to read soon? 👀
You'd hope... Basically it means that someone, probably her accountant, has got in touch with Companies House and told them the accounts will be filed by X date and Companies House has accepted this as reasonable. Filing the confirmation statement recently will have helped as well.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I mean it's not the worst thing Del Monte has done on Instagram but misspelling whoa really pushes my pineapple.

I’ve been spelling it wrong all my life. I am shooketh but ever grateful to the cabal for all the things I’ve learnt here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
So, sort of skimming off topic here but I'm reading about the lady football player Nadia Nadim at the moment. She's from Afghanistan, learned the game at the age of 9 in a refugee camp after the Taliban killed her father, fled to Denmark and started playing for their national team aged 18. She speaks eleven languages and is studying to become a surgeon, currently assisting in surgeries as of 2020. She's turned down multiple offers that would have made her the highest paid female footie player in the world because she states she isn't in it for the money and will make a living as a reconstructive surgeon when her playing career ends. She's 33.

I mean I'm not expecting Jack to do all that, I'm slightly jealous if I'm honest given I'm 34 in a few months and can do basic first aid and speak Spanish at the level of a slow toddler, but she should maybe keep stuff like this in mind the next time she's rehashing The Destitution. There are so many great female role models out there who have suffered adversity and aren't out there going 'YES BUT I HAD A MINOR SETBACK TEN YEARS AGO PITY ME'.

• Heart
Reactions: 80
So, sort of skimming off topic here but I'm reading about the lady football player Nadia Nadim at the moment. She's from Afghanistan, learned the game at the age of 9 in a refugee camp after the Taliban killed her father, fled to Denmark and started playing for their national team aged 18. She speaks eleven languages and is studying to become a surgeon, currently assisting in surgeries as of 2020. She's turned down multiple offers that would have made her the highest paid female footie player in the world because she states she isn't in it for the money and will make a living as a reconstructive surgeon when her playing career ends. She's 33.

I mean I'm not expecting Jack to do all that, I'm slightly jealous if I'm honest given I'm 34 in a few months and can do basic first aid and speak Spanish at the level of a slow toddler, but she should maybe keep stuff like this in mind the next time she's rehashing The Destitution. There are so many great female role models out there who have suffered adversity and aren't out there going 'YES BUT I HAD A MINOR SETBACK TEN YEARS AGO PITY ME'.
Ok but does she have secret autism no one ever told her about?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She has decanted the mixed herbs into a bottle to make them look nice.

But they look awful, the dreadful embossed plastic Dymo labels that look like a school project. The labels are far from ecologically sound. The bottle takes up heaps more room than the small container they come in.

Why take something out of a perfectly adequate container to put it into a different one? It doesn't make sense, unless you buy the cheep refills. Even then, you would use a container of a suitable size.

Why am I even trying to make sense of this? It's just Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 43

But they look awful, the dreadful embossed plastic Dymo labels that look like a school project. The labels are far from ecologically sound. The bottle takes up heaps more room than the small container they come in.

Why take something out of a perfectly adequate container to put it into a different one? It doesn't make sense, unless you buy the cheep refills. Even then, you would use a container of a suitable size.

Cos she's a bean-rinser

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

It's the kind of of thing you do when you're speeding
on ADHD meds.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
It's still on their Instagram page. Here it is for anyone who wants to watch it again 🥰:

That was actually painful to watch.

I'm tit at any kind of presenting so keep myself as far away from talking as possible. I would never put myself in the situation of making a live video because I would also stumble over my words, make stupid nervous jokes and generally look and feel awful.

I wonder why Jamie Oliver got the cooking show?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.