Jack Monroe #195 She basically writes fan-fiction about herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know you're a nobody when even the Daily Mail don't think you worthy of a character assassination.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Thread title is 👌

Does anyone else just do a super-cringe when they see photos of people doing yoga? Like, I get the same level of second-hand embarassment as watching David Brent doing his dance in The Office, or a certain someone posing on a sideboard in her undies.

But I am a jealous, frumpy old frau.
Yes! A school mum of my acquaintance (who has always been a horrible, cliquey cow to me) had a photo collage of herself in a variety of yoga poses as her FB profile picture. I mean, there is no possible explanation for that… apart from wanting to show off. Cringe.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Silly question time sorry: it’s fair to assume she has laptops, EarPods, phones, etc bought under the company (and tbh that’s fair enough - she is a blogger and award winning influencer 😉) that will become property of the crown. Do they actually bother going into the address to retrieve them all?! Imagine if she finally gets those bailiffs she’s spent a decade writing fanfic about 😭
It may get her back on the telly though, she could be one of the people on a 'Can't pay; Take it Away' style shows.

Imagine her trying to spout her poverty story to a big, burly, bailiff?! They won't care, Jackie!!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Academic now, because Companies House has just updated to say the strike off action is discontinued, but if you don't get your accounts in on time (a) you get a steadily increasing fine and (b) eventually they will strike your company off the register which means that everything it owns, whether cash, property, machinery, stock or whatever, then belongs to the government.
Does this mean she’s finally submitted her accounts, and they will be available to read soon? 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Does anyone else just do a super-cringe when they see photos of people doing yoga? Like, I get the same level of second-hand embarassment as watching David Brent doing his dance in The Office, or a certain someone posing on a sideboard in her undies.

But I am a jealous, frumpy old frau.
I think many people just get hooked the validation from online likes. I was at one point when I still had facebook untill I got sick of myself thinking about how to post something whenver I did something fun and stopped with all of it. I would not do any yoga poses, I would share funny things or making a tit out of myself. But wanting likes for a selfdepricative joke really was its own vanity/desire for vallidation and not different. I do find it interesting who likes the yoga posts or very stylised scenes though, as it just does not excite me at all (I find yoga intersting, but seeing other pepople in a legging bending over, no).

The social media platforms are designed to exploit or phychological vulnrabilites as well (there will be a team that has had meetings to decide what colour of alert buttons to new likes will keep you more engaged), so no wonder we get hooked.

I have forgotten what my point was, haha

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
You know you're a nobody when even the Daily Mail don't think you worthy of a character assassination.
They only stay away from her because she says, “PRESS! DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT WRITING ABOUT THIS!” after whatever chaos she’s overshared. It’s definitely not because she’s a nobody.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Winding up her del monte collab by finally posting 2 of the, what, 4? recipes she's done for them. I wonder if it's just part of her fulfilling her contract, ie she was meant to insta post about them DURING their collab not all at once, right at the very end.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
First of all JUICY? I don't think that means what this cake is.
Secondly, I don't think she wrote that. Too professional, (although she has the word juicy/juice three times in one sentence !) It just doesn't sound like her.
If you have to soak a cake in syrup to stop it from being dry then maybe you need to take a look at the recipe? Just a thought x

• Haha
Reactions: 52
But the text on this is almost professional though? (Haven't checked if the link works though - isn't Instagram usually 'click on the link in bio (insert detailed instructions from Mom)' rather than an url?). That and the unprepossessing picture aside, the text is brief, breezy, free of embarrassing personal information, edgy swears etc. To the cabalistas tempted to worry about Jack, I think that Jack is alright - getting off and staying off social media is clearly the healthy thing for them to be doing. Bonus points if they're also assembling a 'toxic gossip sent me to rehab' come back with lockdown grey hair for their profile pic

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Thread title is 👌

Yes! A school mum of my acquaintance (who has always been a horrible, cliquey cow to me) had a photo collage of herself in a variety of yoga poses as her FB profile picture. I mean, there is no possible explanation for that… apart from wanting to show off. Cringe.
I don't get fitness blogs anyway, surely losing weight and exercising is a personal thing why do share it with everyone.

Reactions: 13
Winding up her del monte collab by finally posting 2 of the, what, 4? recipes she's done for them. I wonder if it's just part of her fulfilling her contract, ie she was meant to insta post about them DURING their collab not all at once, right at the very end.
She's done more recipes than I expected! The lard-based Xmas dinner, the fruity Yorkshire puddings, that pork with a layer of burned skin over raw fat...it's been a productive few months by Jack's standards!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.