Jack Monroe #195 She basically writes fan-fiction about herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What does Shivi mean by 'disco dust' ?
😂😂😂😂

she was referring to her spice mix as being able to go on everything then called it disco dust which is slang for cocaine!

Shivi’s chicken wings look amazing!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Does everyone have a T&G story? It feels like getting a terrible haircut there is a rite of passage.
Yep! Mine was that their ‘Shoreditch’ branch was actually inside Liverpool Street station. Right next to a platform. They guy was intimidatingly hot and kept shouting about how hungover he was and gave me a mullet. I wanted layers and a fringe. Nothing edgy. I cried as I was leaving. It was in about 2003 but I never really got over it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
How vain too!! Who does that!! Takes pictures of A new hair don't and post them on the Gram. Which she just HAD to come on to show everyone, especially after a long (enforced??) social media break. As my nan used to say:- If she was a chocolate bar she would eat herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
How vain too!! Who does that!! Takes pictures of A new hair don't and post them on the Gram. Which she just HAD to come on to show everyone, especially after a long (enforced??) social media break. As my nan used to say:- If she was a chocolate bar she would eat herself.
Also, where's the scheduled recipes? All she seems to use twitter for these days is posting selfies. Dread to think of the last time she posted any new content on her website. It's like she's just given up cooking altogether. Which is fine by me x

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Also, where's the scheduled recipes? All she seems to use twitter for these days is posting selfies. Dread to think of the last time she posted any new content on her website. It's like she's just given up cooking altogether. Which is fine by me x
Oh come now dear heart, we all know that her main job is "conquerer of her own worst fears".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
The more I learn about the Breakdown the more I don’t blame Jack for staying the hell away (she should never have accepted the position of writing monthly for them though).

As an actual severe depressive* and music lover I couldn’t resist checking out that list. Here it is if anyone else is curious, so we don’t give them the clicks. I’m shocked that a certain cover of Landslide isn’t included.

(*edited to add. I’m not mentioning the depression thing in a sad-fishing way, I just love that it gives me a legitimate reason/perspective to dismiss everything Hat*ies’s magazine is about 🤣).

View attachment 635174

View attachment 635175
View attachment 635176
Ugh. I hate how this kind of nonsense reduces depression down to just feeling 'a bit fed up/a bit low', which is a normal human emotion and NOT a bloody illness. The depressed spells I go through leave me unable to function, and I rely on a lot of care from my husband. Know what I don't do? I don't listen to music, as a) have such overwhelming apathy, b) am so brain fogged that I wouldn't be able to concentrate on music and take it in. You could play me a song and I wouldn't actually 'hear' it 🤷. I'm afraid a "catchy chorus" would not help me "shake off any negative feelings" FFS 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 56
This is what I can’t understand, like what work is there on the horizon for her? She’s undoubtedly had a great innings with the pandemic but she’s had no repeat bookings out of it and we’ve seen her spend money like water during that time so it’s fair to assume she’s going to need to return to work at some point.

Although not to forget the Patreon cash. Taking her current 310 subs, assuming a v conservative blended avg sub of £6 pcm & deducting a hefty 10% platform fee that’s £1.7k pcm for just existing.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
This is what I can’t understand, like what work is there on the horizon for her? She’s undoubtedly had a great innings with the pandemic but she’s had no repeat bookings out of it and we’ve seen her spend money like water during that time so it’s fair to assume she’s going to need to return to work at some point.

Although not to forget the Patreon cash. Taking her current 310 subs, assuming a v conservative blended avg sub of £6 pcm & deducting a hefty 10% platform fee that’s £1.7k pcm for just existing.
That's more than my salary every month, but it won't keep her in luxury aparthotels for long 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Jack's faved this, which is hilarious to me, as the only time Jack talks about PRs is to witch about them sending her the wrong emails and freebies.

Screenshot 2021-06-26 at 10.44.25.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Yes total Karen look. It’s a young acting boomer grannies who linger round the arts centre wearing ethnic jewelry look. My 70 year old mother has a million friends with this style.
First cabal induced coffee spill and cough of the day.
So.spot.on. And I know these types, too.
There is also 60-70 year old black kaftan chunky "individual edgy style' silver jewelry woman whose husband is dating a 30 year old (because they have got such a strong connection) and the wife gets an art gallery to run but they don't divorce because what would people in the medium sized town think.

Edited because the post got mixed up with depression talk.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Jack said of her expensive new bed head "which will no doubt get a bit of an airing over the coming days and weeks!!". Does this mean a comeback is imminent? Will there be a comeback tour with leather jumpsuits, rhinestones and a quiff?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
When Toni and Guy opened in Edinburgh, over a period of a few months all of the stylists ended up having the same haircut :. Blonde layers with a dark undercut

Jack's new hair is what might be described as a bit "shagger's nap" 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Jack said of her expensive new bed head "which will no doubt get a bit of an airing over the coming days and weeks!!". Does this mean a comeback is imminent? Will there be a comeback tour with leather jumpsuits, rhinestones and a quiff?
(Elvis Voice)

Thank(space)you very much.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Is it progress that she's said she was taking a social media break because she "fancied it" rather than alluding to some terrible health problem (of her own or someone else's)?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
When Toni and Guy opened in Edinburgh, over a period of a few months all of the stylists ended up having the same haircut :. Blonde layers with a dark undercut

Jack's new hair is what might be described as a bit "shagger's nap" 🤭
Was that the one on Market Street? I used to go there for my Billie Piper chunky blonde highlights circa 1996, Snapfax in hand.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Is it progress that she's said she was taking a social media break because she "fancied it" rather than alluding to some terrible health problem (of her own or someone else's)?
This will have reminded her to shill up her fake illnesses. Gotta air the crappy hair somehow!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.