Jack Monroe #195 She basically writes fan-fiction about herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the QTs are only because replies are switched off and some squigs want to say 'nice hair' or more esoteric squig stuff. I don't really get the difference between QTs, and RTs that you comment in. Twitter has evolved since I used it frequently, let's say.
Yeah, I get a bit confused by various bits of Twitter terminology too. I’m not quite sure what a ‘sub tweet’ is either

Reactions: 15
My say something nice: I like her jumper. Please can someone triangulate it?

Went right off Toni and Guy after a stylist burnt my scalp - he was chatting to a mate and not paying enough attention while drying my hair.

• Wow
Reactions: 32
If I'm depressed the last thing I want to turn on is Katrina & the Waves "Walking on Sunshine".

That list is so incredibly offensive.

Can't believe Jack's back! Acting as if her time away from social media was self inflicted, ha!

That list is utterly infuriating.

I said this before on here but will say it again.

Everyone has physical health and everyone has mental health. But when discussing physical health we don’t compare a bruise with a chronic fatigue illness nor a broken bone with paralysis. However when it comes to mental health it appears people will link a down day with chronic depression.
The need to open up discussions about mental health issues sometimes seems to be damaging them. If you have a chemical imbalance in your brain then listening to sodding ‘Walking on sunshine’ will not fix it, you need professional medical help and medicine.
In the same way that if you had diabetes you would be given proper medical support not told to read a self help book.

It absolutely infuriates me that the range of emotions we do and should feel are used by many influencers to claim mental health issues. Shopping, music, reading, exercising, walking, gardening are all productive uses of time that could enhance your day and emotions but will not fix a proper chemical imbalance that is a mental illness.

*I haven’t read the music article, I won’t give them traffic but we do need to discuss the difference between mental health and mental illness in the same way we do with physical health and physical Illness and I doubt that article goes anywhere near this issue!

Ted talk over. 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Went right off Toni and Guy after a stylist burnt my scalp - he was chatting to a mate and not paying enough attention while drying my hair.
I went off T&G when my then-flatmate took a shine to one of their junior stylists who turned out to be a bit of a goer and I had 6 months left on my lease to overhear them having enthusiastic threesomes with random guys from the pub.

Does everyone have a T&G story? It feels like getting a terrible haircut there is a rite of passage.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I'm confused. Is this a before and after? It looks like two completely different haircuts and neither of them are good.
I'm confused too 🙈 Has she just styled it differently in the yellow one? Why is it yellow anyway?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I'm confused too 🙈 Has she just styled it differently in the yellow one? Why is it yellow anyway?
Mind you, I've looked at the 'stylist's ' IG and the salon's and quite frankly Jack escaped quite lightly compared to some of the monstrosities on there.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Mind you, I've looked at the 'stylist's ' IG and the salon's and quite frankly Jack escaped quite lightly compared to some of the monstrosities on there.
Same here. It looks like she can only cut hair in one bad style.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I'm confused. Is this a before and after? It looks like two completely different haircuts and neither of them are good.
What I think has happened is that Toni and Guy did an .... OK? ... haircut (as seen in second photo, probably taken straight after it was professionally styled). The first photo is what happened when the oh-so-edgy Jack got home and decided to 'Karen' it into full-on fringe and stupid big tuft at the crown. Supposition M'Lud but it's the only explanation I can think of.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
The more I learn about the Breakdown the more I don’t blame Jack for staying the hell away (she should never have accepted the position of writing monthly for them though).

As an actual severe depressive* and music lover I couldn’t resist checking out that list. Here it is if anyone else is curious, so we don’t give them the clicks. I’m shocked that a certain cover of Landslide isn’t included.

(*edited to add. I’m not mentioning the depression thing in a sad-fishing way, I just love that it gives me a legitimate reason/perspective to dismiss everything Hat*ies’s magazine is about 🤣).

View attachment 635174

View attachment 635175
View attachment 635176
I mean, that list would be enough to finish me on a good day...
(To note - I have had one years long episode of single major depression some time back and this kind of nonsense isn't helpful)

I dont think she suits it. Shes too fine featured for such a severe cut. Someone up thread said it's Karen can i speak to the manager look.

I would Absolutely would be speaking to the manager. ABSOLUTELY!
I totally agree on this 😂
I did take a haircut back to Toni and Guy once as it really wasn't what I'd asked for.
(I wanted rumpled and edgy and they made me look like a Blue Peter presenter. It was also well out of whack when I washed it) They apologised and redid it with no charge in fairness to them. Just for you Jack when you finish your grunk.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Uh oh.
Matt has two guest chefs on Saturday Kitchen.
One is doing pineapple and chicken.
One is doing a Greek dish.
Jack be fewmin.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I don’t understand the hairdo. Each to their own and i’m glad she likes it but is the back zhuzhed up a la Lynda La Hughes or is it up in a little pony?

Anyhow. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Me neither. Jack has such lovely hair, why would she want to do something like that to it?

Reactions: 25
I turned on Saturday kitchen and Sir Matt was referring to his favourite guest Jack….. but then saw it was some very attractive man Jack savoretti.

Shivi is back on again!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I turned on Saturday kitchen and Sir Matt was referring to his favourite guest Jack….. but then saw it was some very attractive man Jack savoretti.

Shivi is back on again!
Oooh, I like Jack Savoretti. Lovely voice (and easy on the eye!)

ETA - I've switched it on and they are showing viewers recreations of their dishes.
They all look better than Jack's!
And now Shivi is on - she is lovely and they are all having a ball...

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Another with a bad Toni & Guy cut. I'd moved back home and thought they'd be good at cutting short hair.
I came out with a mullet (definitely NOT what I had wanted or had asked for).

I hacked at it at home to improve it and never went back to T&G.

OT have no idea what's going on between Jack's two pictures.

And how has she managed to access her SM accounts? Has Caroline's Russell Brands been tied up and the FANCY laptop with new passwords been accessed?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I’ve never heard a good word said about Toni and Guy. Not sure how they’re still a thing.

The people who’ve QTed the photo on Twitter are extremely representative of Jack’s fan base: creepy men and FBPE grannies. It’s just astonishing that she’s somehow still managing to recruit Patreon subs?! I can’t stand her but you’ve got to admire a grift that’s works both when you’re spreading your lies and when you’re not.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Shivi is back on again!
What does Shivi mean by 'disco dust' ?

ETA never mind, just looked at website. It is the chilli salt she just made!

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Shivi is back on again!

Charming, articulate, knowledgeable and so naturally at ease presenting her food. I can imagine Jack describing how she gave Shivi her big break on DKL.

The more I learn about the Breakdown the more I don’t blame Jack for staying the hell away (she should never have accepted the position of writing monthly for them though).

As an actual severe depressive* and music lover I couldn’t resist checking out that list. Here it is if anyone else is curious, so we don’t give them the clicks. I’m shocked that a certain cover of Landslide isn’t included.

(*edited to add. I’m not mentioning the depression thing in a sad-fishing way, I just love that it gives me a legitimate reason/perspective to dismiss everything Hat*ies’s magazine is about 🤣).

View attachment 635174

View attachment 635175
View attachment 635176

Paging @okaylolbye - You're welcome, Hattie.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.