Jack Monroe #195 She basically writes fan-fiction about herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes total Karen look. It’s a young acting boomer grannies who linger round the arts centre wearing ethnic jewelry look. My 70 year old mother has a million friends with this style.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I think Jack looks lovely with a fringe, it really suits her. The rest of the hair though? I’m not entirely sure what’s going on with it. I’m also wondering why one of the photos is yellow? 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 30
Happy 31aversary tout le monde! Before we get stuck in to the fanny cakes, I thought the flavour combination of these pies would be at home here.
Catching up, but if that’s Dunblane those Orange Chicken and Mint pies are actually epic 😅

Love Jack’s new hairstyle, a real hark back to this time last year when I attempted to cut my husband’s hair but didn’t charge him anything for it. I’ll put together an invoice now!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
The more I learn about the Breakdown the more I don’t blame Jack for staying the hell away (she should never have accepted the position of writing monthly for them though).

As an actual severe depressive* and music lover I couldn’t resist checking out that list. Here it is if anyone else is curious, so we don’t give them the clicks. I’m shocked that a certain cover of Landslide isn’t included.

(*edited to add. I’m not mentioning the depression thing in a sad-fishing way, I just love that it gives me a legitimate reason/perspective to dismiss everything Hat*ies’s magazine is about 🤣).

View attachment 635174

View attachment 635175
View attachment 635176
This is enough to send me into a depressive spiral, tbh 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
It would make sense if she was trying to date & wants the threads to not be discussing legit #content she puts out there. But that’s assuming the most recent thread(s) surface first on google, which doesn’t appear to be the case plus there’s the wiki.

We’ll get sad fishing in the next few days as it’s month end approaching and she’s only gained 3 Patreons this month

Reactions: 31
The more I learn about the Breakdown the more I don’t blame Jack for staying the hell away (she should never have accepted the position of writing monthly for them though).

As an actual severe depressive* and music lover I couldn’t resist checking out that list. Here it is if anyone else is curious, so we don’t give them the clicks. I’m shocked that a certain cover of Landslide isn’t included.

(*edited to add. I’m not mentioning the depression thing in a sad-fishing way, I just love that it gives me a legitimate reason/perspective to dismiss everything Hat*ies’s magazine is about 🤣).

View attachment 635174

View attachment 635175
View attachment 635176
I love music, mostly have it on in the background when I’m at home. But…if I’m feeling depressed I never say “Alexa, play me ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling’. As that will right all my wrongs. It’ll tell my brain that I’m a good person, I’m a good mother and I don’t have to be a stress head”.

Someone should tell the NHS about this. It’s a game changer.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I get my hair cut for 20 quid in alittle back street salon. They always do a decent job and dont make you look like you had a fight with your toddler who took revenge whilst asleep or practised on you before their barbie.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

View attachment 635174

View attachment 635175
View attachment 635176
This is so, SO grotesquely offensive to people who struggle with depression. My god.

(It's also really badly written. More missing capital leaders - "Harry styles" - missing formatting on one song title, "covey" in the last line, the weird way some songs get a single sentence and others a couple of paragraphs...how the hell is this being presented as professional journalism?)

PS Jack looks like a cockatoo from one angle and an edgy teen from 2004 in the other. Not her worst look ever, mind!

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Seriously - if it’s being published it needs to be proofread. That’s fairly basic.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
This is so, SO grotesquely offensive to people who struggle with depression. My god.

(It's also really badly written. More missing capital leaders - "Harry styles" - missing formatting on one song title, "covey" in the last line, the weird way some songs get a single sentence and others a couple of paragraphs...how the hell is this being presented as professional journalism?)

PS Jack looks like a cockatoo from one angle and an edgy teen from 2004 in the other. Not her worst look ever, mind!
Also the fact that it should be ‘Ain’t No Mountain High ENOUGH’ - not ‘Ain’t No Mountain High’, which sounds like a song about not enough mountains on the bong.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I don’t know if I’m being thick but where did the connection with Toni and guy come from wrt the Linda La Hughes cut?

Reactions: 24
I don’t know if I’m being thick but where did the connection with Toni and guy come from wrt the Linda La Hughes cut?
The person who commented on her cut and who Jack responded to with: ‘Thanks to you!’ is a Style Director at Toni and Guy it seems (but they are not tick verified on insta or have a large following, so ...)

• Wow
Reactions: 37
Well done Jack. You are managing to sport two equally horrible haircuts in one.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I see a couple of people quote tweeted that tweet. Who does that with other people's new hairdo's?

As for the hair - I don't really care how she looks/wants to look. But going to expensive hairdressers while doing poverty cosplay irks a lot (though to be fair, not that much around of it while she temporarily LEFT)

• Haha
Reactions: 41

View attachment 635174

View attachment 635175
View attachment 635176
I would rather guide my dad into my mum than listen to this.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
I see a couple of people quote tweeted that tweet. Who does that with other people's new hairdo's?
I think the QTs are only because replies are switched off and some squigs want to say 'nice hair' or more esoteric squig stuff. I don't really get the difference between QTs, and RTs that you comment in. Twitter has evolved since I used it frequently, let's say.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
The person who commented on her cut and who Jack responded to with: ‘Thanks to you!’ is a Style Director at Toni and Guy it seems (but they are not tick verified on insta or have a large following, so ...)
And Jack's just started following @toniandguywestfieldlondon on instagram!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
If I'm depressed the last thing I want to turn on is Katrina & the Waves "Walking on Sunshine".

That list is so incredibly offensive.

Can't believe Jack's back! Acting as if her time away from social media was self inflicted, ha!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.