Jack Monroe #195 She basically writes fan-fiction about herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looks like the Gladwell Grift has paid off with a 5 night stay at some £125 a night glamping place. Can’t wait for the review.
Is glamping totally suitable for someone with her health issues where an actual room with en suite would be preferable? (I recall mention of internal issues that make leaving the house difficult).

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Cosplaying the Little Mermaid for a potential new love interest? Could be the return of red head Jack!

Seriously though, I waver between being completely stumped, suspecting sock puppets or entertaining mad thoughts like she's had her Russell Brands Carolined.
RUSSELL BRANDS CAROLINED

you could not get a more cabal sentence. It makes no sense if you don’t read here.

I don’t think they have been carolined, but the password on Twitter may have been changed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I believe password handover may have happened.
I also think they were “going along” with the treatment/play nicely originally, messed up and so total control has been taken.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Perhaps she's realised the severity of her crimes and is currently on the run from the onion police. It won't help your case if you keep posting those blasted pickled beans and taunt them with pictures of eggs on eggs! Chop chop Jack, watch out for that plenty of black pepper spray. Ruby Rose won't be able to be your stand-in when you get a life sentence in the onion slammer.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
No! Jack CANNOT go to jail 😱 that’s the worst place for them. Prison is where they invented that “pizza” made from ramen and crushed Doritos left to prove in a bin bag, boiled egg on a kettle, ingenious make do and mend items all around. Think of the ideas Jack could appropriate!
And think of the felons! The whole of B wing giving up their weekly allowance of baccy and phonecards just to prevent singing, spoken word, or stories about The Poverty.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Is the treatment do we think for actual social media addiction? Because that and also treatment for compulsive lying would be most useful.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I can't bring myself to watch her singing. She's so full of herself though. In a way you kind of have to admire the blind confidence of someone who has always got to be (oh so quietly of course!) the best at everything.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
So HG is getting a free glamping trip, despite being too ill to work a 9-5 job. Grandpa Joe. Her and Jack are basically like Grandpa Joe, malingering in bed until a freebie comes along to snap up. And Jack would so make cabbage soup.

Jack singing Landslide reminds me of this annoying girl at my school who used to always volunteer to sing in assemblies. She had the most awful nasal voice and faux American accent. Her parents are rich so she is still working on her ‘singing career’ and sod all else.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
So HG is getting a free glamping trip, despite being too ill to work a 9-5 job. Grandpa Joe. Her and Jack are basically like Grandpa Joe, malingering in bed until a freebie comes along to snap up. And Jack would so make cabbage soup.

Jack singing Landslide reminds me of this annoying girl at my school who used to always volunteer to sing in assemblies. She had the most awful nasal voice and faux American accent. Her parents are rich so she is still working on her ‘singing career’ and sod all else.
We must’ve gone to the same school as we had one of those too. Actually there were two girls, who would sometimes sing as a duo 🤮 makes me cringe to this day.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Much as I enjoy responding to JM's grifting and piss poor recipes, while she is continuing a media silence I will not respond to old content. New shite, another matter!

Reactions: 19
One thing is for sure. once she is out the other side and back on social media she will use whatever this experience has been to her financial advantage and sell/monetise her story and hail herself the guru of the lived experience.

She has not actually been off twitter that long; only a few weeks but in cabal time I lose all sense of perspective!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
like Jenny from Derry Girls? I get the feeling high school Jack was a proper Jenny

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I'm still thinking she is in some kind of legal trouble and her media silence is down to that. Addiction (even to Twitter) will form some kind of MH defence.

Meanwhile her phone use is likely being monitored by whoever is treating her.

I'm relieved we have media silence, no grifting going on while this is in place.

Reactions: 48
I do wish Boris and co would put some rules in place about what's is acceptable from monetising stuff online. It seems to me like a free for all at times.

I feel bad for followers of influencers everything they do regarding reading their influencers profile is making them money where as they themselves are most likely on the bones of their arse and are struggling at a low paid hardwork job somewhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I believe password handover may have happened.
I also think they were “going along” with the treatment/play nicely originally, messed up and so total control has been taken.
That’s what I was thinking. And when she spent that weekend hauling around loads of furniture, seemingly for the sake of having something to post, rather than an urgent need to reorganise, that would have been the final straw.

I really do hope she’s getting herself sorted out. Although like others here, I also dread it being a temporary phase that prompts a whole new cycle of Guardian pity party articles.

Reactions: 36
Pure speculation but I think and it's only me. But I think during lockdown like many people she has gotten herself into a lot of issues due to lockdown and the results there off and now someone has came along and is sorting the mess and part of the bargain is staying off sm and sorting herself out properly.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.