Jack Monroe #193 Mama, pass the UNICEF statistics and the Hansards!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BBC London News are doing a thing about Rashford. A South London school have commissioned a mural of Rashford. They are interviewing people and doing VT on the FSM malarkey from last year.
Jack hasn't been mentioned...

ETA

Tom Kerridge is on the One Show, chatting about Marcus and cooking in a kettle. We'll see if they mention their 'working behind the scenes ' buddy...
Its amazing isn't it, I found my old school play programme the other day. Guess what the kids who volunteered their time to help out you know behind the scenes were mentioned in the programme. Just the once mind, but they were there.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I'm grunking but....genuine question. If your company is struck off, then surely you won't be able to call yourself Bootstrap Cook?
And wouldn't that raise awkward questions.
Edit to add: instead of Bootrap Cook, would it be Shoelace Cook instead due to the Pov (TM) circs?
Velcro cook

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Tom Kerridge is on the One Show, chatting about Marcus and cooking in a kettle. We'll see if they mention their 'working behind the scenes ' buddy...
Anyone else watching the three part drama 'Time', and thinking of that horrible scene when reading 'cooking with a kettle'?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
For me it is definitely a single mother pov thing. Food in their mouths, clothes on their backs, roof over their heads, all before any spend on anything else. Spunking £800 on a handbag was and still is beyond my ken xx
I don’t begrudge anyone their bags, shoes whatever.

If I genuinely had £800 to spend on a bag I would get myself over to Italy and buy a beautiful bag from some artisanal leather worker without a big name.
So, holiday in gorgeous Italy, eating gorgeous Italian food (absolutely slop free), and home with a gorgeous, appreciated bag!

Anyone Patreon me £800 for nothing in return?
Go on, help a Frau out?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Didn't she take it with her when she went to A&E for her sparkly eye, Señor Dinosaur? There were two traffic cone-coloured trainers seaside #ADs and I'm almost certain she had another photo of her indoors with the bag wearing her BOY cap but apparently 'boy cap' and other variations are TOO SHORT for the search function.

Edit: yes she did.

Hiya, me again, Jack Monroe: writer, author, single mum, food bank user, ballet dancer, world-class pianist, founder of #Thunderclapforcarers... wait, that's not me. Apologies for being so forensic about this stupid hideous bag but I found what I was looking for. Screenshots courtesy of @Marmalade Atkins.

boy cap stupid bag and coops.jpg
boy cap stupid bag.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
I hate that bag.
I hate the print.
I hate the colour.
I hate the fabric.
I hate everything about it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I just want Tiggy + Bo to notice me and be #gifted one of their beautiful groundbreaking innovative bags. You see whenever I leave my home I have to carry all the items I want to take with me in my hands and it's rather a bother. I'm unable to pick up any items in supermarkets and have to fall dramatically on the floor and start wailing and clawing so that a member of staff takes pity on me and gets all my shopping for me but Asda have said if I do it again they'll call the police.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Didn't she take it with her when she went to A&E for her sparkly eye, Señor Dinosaur? There were two traffic cone-coloured trainers seaside #ADs and I'm almost certain she had another photo of her indoors with the bag wearing her BOY cap but apparently 'boy cap' and other variations are TOO SHORT for the search function.

Hiya, me again, Jack Monroe: writer, author, single mum, food bank user, ballet dancer, world-class pianist, founder of #Thunderclapforcarers... wait, that's not me. Apologies for being so forensic about this stupid hideous bag but I found what I was looking for. Screenshots courtesy of @Marmalade Atkins.

View attachment 609279 View attachment 609280
Christ are those her rosary beads?

Wouldn't want to be waiting for her saying the rosary it would take 1000 years. Also I thought she was a Protestant.?

Not that it matters what religion she is? Just curious.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
That cap on her gives me serious Steve Buscemi 'hey fellow kids' vibes. She needs a friend who'll tell her she looks silly in it.
I don't have an awful lot of friends but the ones I do have will tell me if I look tit in something. One told me to burn a pair of traaaazers I was wearing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

View attachment 609279 View attachment 609280
Going on a school trip outfit Jack only happened in August? 🤯🤯
Everything feels so long ago given all her alter egos and chaos causing ways.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I think if you want to buy a fancy bag, buy a fancy bag. Just don't cry poverty about it. No one would give a tit about all her things (aside from her lack of taste) if she wasn't constantly claiming to be the poorest of the poors and basically begging for cash.

I do have a nice bag, but it's stupidly heavy, and when the now not SG was of handholding size it used to fall off my shoulder and almost brain her. Possibly explains her questionable behaviour tbh 😂 I now use a canvas one which is much easier on my shoulders and is a decent size for carting my stuff about.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
No offence but she reminds me of the mannequins in the charity shops near my area. The staff rarely seen to care what they dress them in and the outfits often. Look hilarious. I remember one time they had one dressed in white tennis shorts and a shirt and tie with sandals. 😂🤦🤷

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Can I just say....will nobody think of the poor floof
890CE079-6BE9-49AE-9011-62A8CC6B5102.jpeg

Christ are those her rosary beads?

Wouldn't want to be waiting for her saying the rosary it would take 1000 years. Also I thought she was a Protestant.?

Not that it matters what religion she is? Just curious.
Them’s not rosary beads

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Poor Cooper. I don't know if that's just his face but he doesn't look impressed. Or happy.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.