Jack Monroe #63 I tend to move in circles of cookery and politics rather than outrage and vitriol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't see it but it's another gift. It's amazing her friends won't go round for a cup of tea but they will hand her a bag, it certainly easier.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Just been doing some Jack maths, in which I think I've been extremely conservative, and I've come to the conclusion that she's a profligate spender:

Hammock - £399
Hanging chairs (2) - £300 (£150 each)
Dyson fan - £339
Dyson hair dryer - gift from Louisa
Smeg - £2500 (conservative estimate)
Viv westwood dress - £150 (assume sale)
Nike VaporMax (x 2 minimum) - £360
Cotswold catalogue - £3000 (conservative estimate)
Sweaty Betty leggings - £75
Lumie alarm clock - £170
R&P bras (x 2 minimum) - c. £200
Airpods - £199
Airpods pro - £249
Apple Watch (assume series 3) - £199
Sleeper to Edinburgh - min. £250 last min on a Friday
3 nights at Eden Locke, Edinburgh - £309
Last minute train home on a Monday morning - £170 minimum
Vets bills - £700

TOTAL - £9569

Let's be generous and assume that, despite living in Essex, Jack pays herself the London Living Wage, which is £19,890 per year. She's spunked nearly half of it on absolutely pointless luxuries. Except that doesn't matter, because she's evidently making bank and just lying to her audience's faces.

The thing is, none of us would give a tit about this if she was honest, but shaking the tip jar and crying that she had a gig cancelled due to Covid and making her followers think that she's in dire straits is just unforgivable, isn't it.

She makes me siiiiiiiiiiick.
If you take off the gifted or discounted tit, and the stuff she charges to her business ('working ' trip to Scotland) it will be a it less. Could be the Harvester meal was gifted or she was paid to tweet about it

Reactions: 6
If I ever feel tempted to hashtag myself then i’ll come off insta in the same post. Also, paragraphs! My poor eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
If you take off the gifted or discounted tit, and the stuff she charges to her business ('working ' trip to Scotland) it will be a it less. Could be the Harvester meal was gifted or she was paid to tweet about it
Oh of course, there's no doubting that she'll be incredibly "creative" with what she charges to her business. Nonetheless, it's completely disgusting to plead poverty to hundreds of thousands of followers, most of whom make nowhere near the amount she does.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She’s hardly got the focus on the bag either. Your eyes are drawn to her trainers and herself, not the bag.
Your eyes are definitely drawn to her trainers. IN HORROR.

Here's a handy tip for all you adhd folks. Avoid losing stuff by putting in a bag that you carry round with you.
Jack invented bags, a true innovator.

Bags. You may *think* they're just useless accessories but GUESS WHAT?! You can CARRY STUFF ABOUT IN THEM!!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
She’s hardly got the focus on the bag either. Your eyes are drawn to her trainers and herself, not the bag.
...and ... is that an Iwatch on her dainty wrist .
The money spent by her on herself is fine if she wasn’t pleading poverty and begging for other people to support her.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
"It's important to support small businesses" she writes, on the way back from a Harvester.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Your eyes are definitely drawn to her trainers. IN HORROR.

Jack invented bags, a true innovator.

Bags. You may *think* they're just useless accessories but GUESS WHAT?! You can CARRY STUFF ABOUT IN THEM!!
Fear not, she has road tested them!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
It's almost as if the 'living wage' she pays herself is more like pocket money after making all the purchases.
The bag, wouldn't have spotted it if she wasn't rambling on about it, I am not a fan of animal prints at the best of times, looks a little small for holding all the listed items to me unless it's got 'Mary Poppins' qualities. In summary, It's a no from me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.