Jack Monroe #193 Mama, pass the UNICEF statistics and the Hansards!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This #Mulberrytruther chat is reminding me of when I used to lurk on the Rosie Londoner threads on GOMI years ago. (She has a thread here too - I think she's mellowed a bit in recent years but she used to be a nasty piece of work) She liked to portray herself as Kate Middleton, so was always trying to make herself seem much wealthier and more upper-class than she really was. She bought herself a fake Celine bag (confirmed as fake by the knowledgeable GOMI posters who could identify that the stitching was wrong etc) and staged a photo shoot of her parents 'gifting' it to her as a Christmas present - wrapped up in wrapping paper, big fake 'surprised' grin. Meanwhile, her brother's Christmas present was something much less of a luxury item. Some time later, people found her selling her fake bag, with others, on a designer reselling site.

FWIW, I think Jack's stupid enough/secretly wealthy enough to have splashed out on a real Mulberry with her first book money.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I had a quick look for a bag close-up but couldn't find one here or on her blog. I did however find this lovely close-up of the reverse rat's tail (thank you @MarmiteExtract). This one would have fallen victim to one of her Twitter purges so I think she'll really enjoy it being dredged up again. You're welcome 🥰

View attachment 608715

I also found mention of Jack saying she goes to the Penhaligon's shop in Covent Garden to buy a bottle every birthday. COVID must have prevented her from going this year, how unfortunate. Interestingly there's a header on the Penhaligon's site saying if you spend over £150 you get free Juniper Sling products. Vlad works in mysterious ways.
Ahh, haunted by my past screenshots! I'd forgotten the shimmering glow of the teeth and hair, so thanks for that throwback, TS ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Ditto, I get that designer bags are often pretty well made but to me it's always felt odd to spend so much money on one item just because it has a specific label attached to it. I just have a camping backpack for uni books, food shops and occasional other items 😂
Oh no, this is turning into a Mumsnet thread. Gasp! Expensive bags! 😳 Why would anyone buy one when carrier bags exist!

People buy designer bags because they can afford them and it brings them joy. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
To be fair if I’d come into money in my early 20s there’s a high chance I’d have blown a lot of it on tattoos and...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
To be fair if I’d come into money in my early 20s there’s a high chance I’d have blown a lot of it on tattoos and...

I would have fucked off somewhere for a while, I quite like the idea of work travelling.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

I would have probably done something very sensible, like bought a house, and let some of the rooms out.

In some ways, being young was wasted on me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Are we still doing yeet? And ooop? I think they’ve had their time but I await Fack yeeting something in a curry as confirmation.
There was an argument of whether the past tense of yeet should be "yeeted" or "yote", for some reason. Obviously it should be "yeeted", but if you want to make an argument for anything else then "yet" makes more sense than "yote".

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Just seen a meme on the meme thread showing Gucci doing ripped tights for 990 big ones. Just leaving it here incase she wants to invest.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Mulberry don't 'gift', they don't need to (but nice try).

I bought a Mulberry Bayswater years ago (pre kids) and instantly regretted it. I loved the bag but it was too heavy and believe me I am no smol pixie. It is a beautiful bag and I saved for ages to buy it and still have it now over 10 years later.

As for calling it 'structurally unsound' what does that even mean? You apply that phrase to buildings and structures. STOP GETTING WORDS WRONG.
They are really heavy, and hold loads so you can feel like you might tip over when you swing it on. I once tried to take my laptop in it to work, my shoulder went a bit dead.

Open up the sides and you can fit in three branded pint glasses if your shelves are looking a bit bare and the pub has some good ones (empty of course) which is never in their adverts.

I do like that they don’t seem to gift things ever.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
BBC London News are doing a thing about Rashford. A South London school have commissioned a mural of Rashford. They are interviewing people and doing VT on the FSM malarkey from last year.
Jack hasn't been mentioned...

ETA

Tom Kerridge is on the One Show, chatting about Marcus and cooking in a kettle. We'll see if they mention their 'working behind the scenes ' buddy...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
BBC London News are doing a thing about Rashford. A South London school have commissioned a mural of Rashford. They are interviewing people and doing VT on the FSM malarkey from last year.
Jack hasn't been mentioned...

ETA

Tom Kerridge is on the One Show, chatting about Marcus and cooking in a kettle. We'll see if they mention their 'working behind the scenes ' buddy...
Nope not a tweet

Reactions: 18
Nope not a tweet
If they did deliberately sideline her then she will be raging as she can’t start a pile on against Marcus as everybody loves him.
I do think she will probably pop up on full time meals at some point though!

Apologies to those who are into their bags but i just don't get spending 100's-1000's on a handbag. Or indeed shoes. I have lots of shoes none designer though. I culled my cheap shoe collection to about 50 recently. I only ever have one functional big bag for work & small one for out (RIP my beloved little beaded black satin number gifted to me by my best friend, 15 years of going out before the beads all fell off last summer).

For me it is definitely a single mother pov thing. Food in their mouths, clothes on their backs, roof over their heads, all before any spend on anything else. Spunking £800 on a handbag was and still is beyond my ken xx

• Heart
Reactions: 29
It is weird how there's a flurry of tweets on Sundays and a couple on Mondays, then complete silence the rest of the week. We can't be the only ones to notice this radical change in Jack's Twitter usage. Bizarre behaviour, utterly bizarre, for someone who purports to have a career helping poor people online. How are people supposed to ask what to do with frozen leftover chippy chips?

Surely her 300k+ followers, and 300+ patreon subscribers are wondering why the Twitter silence, only to return each weekend as if nothing is amiss. Bootstapcook is supposed to be her professional account. Have her working hours reduced to a few hours on a Sunday and an hour before rehab being prodded and poked on a Monday?

Her content on the limited hours she is on Twitter is mostly unrelated to bootstrapcooking, (with the exception of the pavement vomit cassoulet). She has completely lost all credibility for any future work.
I'm grunking but....genuine question. If your company is struck off, then surely you won't be able to call yourself Bootstrap Cook?
And wouldn't that raise awkward questions.
Edit to add: instead of Bootrap Cook, would it be Shoelace Cook instead due to the Pov (TM) circs?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.