Jack Monroe #193 Mama, pass the UNICEF statistics and the Hansards!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is going to sound horrid and appalling and I will surely go to hell for it or the influencer police will definately be at my door, but I don't like mulberry bags. They are soooo boring.

I have a few "designer" bags quotation marks because they are more like Laura Ashley and Harris Tweed, but they are more exciting than a beige bag. Again just my thoughts.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
This is going to sound horrid and appalling and I will surely go to hell for it or the influencer police will definately be at my door, but I don't like mulberry bags. They are soooo boring.

I have a few "designer" bags quotation marks because they are more like Laura Ashley and Harris Tweed, but they are more exciting than a beige bag. Again just my thoughts.
This is the opposite of Jack- I feel like she buys things for the label/ price without thinking about if they suit her or she likes them.

Reactions: 35
Does a clever Frau/Herr have the florid fanfic drivel about herself article where she triumphantly bought two Burberry coats?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Mulberry has pretty big & public sample sales so surprised she didnā€™t claim it was a Ā£4.99 bargain? I used to go to any / all sample sales on my lunch breaks lol and the mulberry one is good if youā€™re into that, they tend to have the funner colours tbh Iā€™m surprised our common maverick urchin went for such a safe option.

Thatā€™s also defs not water damage itā€™s grime, if that bag got cleaned itā€™d be fine.

• Wow
Reactions: 31

Ditto, I get that designer bags are often pretty well made but to me it's always felt odd to spend so much money on one item just because it has a specific label attached to it. I just have a camping backpack for uni books, food shops and occasional other items šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 21
She could go on The Repair Shop. It's the only tv show she has a chance of getting on now.
Can you imagine Jay (who has overcome problems) trying not to yawn when she trots out the latest version of ā€œthe poverty storyā€ šŸ™„

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
I'm sure I remember a more close up pic of the bag in question before, the last time she was humble bragging about it she posted it. It'll be in these threads somewhere from a good while back

Reactions: 15
She could go on The Repair Shop. It's the only tv show she has a chance of getting on now.
Yes, she should do this and get her manky nails and equally manky attitude repaired.

I donā€™t think that is the mulberry bag. I canā€™t think of a style like that with flat sides and a detachable strap. The Alexa has the front buckles but also has pleated sides so it can open up wider. There is no postmanā€™s lock on the front or oak tree plate. The messenger bags have no front buckles. I donā€™t know all the discontinued bags but also we know she lies.
Either way, it looks rank like it has sat in a puddle of slop.
I think you are correct. Vintage Mulberry don't have a plate either, it was stamped into the leather, much like this one

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Can I just add that all I know about mulberry bags is that you could probably fit me in one šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I had a quick look for a bag close-up but couldn't find one here or on her blog. I did however find this lovely close-up of the reverse rat's tail (thank you @MarmiteExtract). This one would have fallen victim to one of her Twitter purges so I think she'll really enjoy it being dredged up again. You're welcome šŸ„°

reverse rats tail polka dot shirt.jpeg

I also found mention of Jack saying she goes to the Penhaligon's shop in Covent Garden to buy a bottle every birthday. COVID must have prevented her from going this year, how unfortunate. Interestingly there's a header on the Penhaligon's site saying if you spend over Ā£150 you get free Juniper Sling products. Vlad works in mysterious ways.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.