Jack Monroe #192 Hoist with her own anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She wrote about him checking to see if she was still breathing too 🙁

My daughter sometimes offers to make me things. Mostly, I say no thanks, because knowing I drink strong coffee, she thinks 5 spoons of instant is about right (it is not!)
My 8 year old likes to make me cups of tea from time to time but I’ve learnt to say no now as she is quite the experimental cuppa chef and will add things like cinnamon or chocolate powder and one particularly memorable day, 100s and 1000s.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
I feel bad for the child. There's something really off about that tweet. Obligatory 'not a mum' but this just doesn't seem like something a kid would ask for? Maybe I'm reading too much into this but it seems kind of weird.
Totally agree. She should have just done a topless shot and opened her own Only Fans. It’s nothing to do with her kid, it’s all about Jack.

Reactions: 25
I thought I had quite an extensive vocabulary but the jack threads have made me realise how short sighted that opinion was. I learn at least 2 new words every time I have a grunk.
I learn two new definitions for words pretty much every time Jack has something to say.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Coloured lines doing the old “look over there” trick on us, don’t judge me by the hundreds of gloves I’ve felled, look what some sicko did to these two....

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Most children wouldn’t worry about this because the adults in their lives are perfectly able to take care of themselves, so it would never cross their minds to check up on their parents, because that’s not their job. Jack doesn’t seem to realise what a bad light this story casts on her parenting skills. I really hope she made it up, because otherwise it suggests that SB has grown up with a lot of anxiety and has been forced into a parental role to his own oblivious, selfish mother.
It’s like the breathing one too. The thing that casts Jack aside from most of the “never happened” children story tweeters out there is that a fairly significant percentage of hers are things you desperately hope are a complete and utter lie.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Lads, have we seen this nonsense?
(I mean, it's nothing we haven't heard before...'yada yada food bank something something single mum poor' but still🙄).

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
(I mean, it's nothing we haven't heard before...'yada yada food bank something something single mum poor' but still🙄).
Why does everything have to be put together?
She clearly had an onion. Could have made tomato soup with the tinned tomatoes, falafel, and had the peaches for a nice dessert. Instead everything gets fucked together.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Holmfirth is my home town 🔺
I wonder what she’s up to today ? This undoubtedly forced silence must be agony.
🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Obviously pure conjecture but the more you think about SB the more obvious it seems he might not have been there with her most of the time. It's like getting a sudden realisation and going over things rather like when I'd seen The Sixth Sense. He never accompanied her to shops, and they never go out for walks anywhere, or to the seaside on their doorstep. Yet when someone suggested she go somewhere to do something (can't remember context) she snapped back 'I've got a small child and can't leave him on his own'. Yet she apparently did all the time - all the post office trips and getting the train to various places when it wasn't the weekend and LC had moved out.
It would also explain the baffling lack of knowledge about what her son was reading - the David Walliams books. And also the constant discrepancies between what she said she was going to do 'I'm going for a walk with my son' 'I'm spending the day watching Disney films with my son' 'I'll be off twitter to homeschool my son' but then obviously doing nothing of the sort.
All rather sad if true. Actually very sad. I feel a bit sorry for her.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
The woman in the tartan shirt is saying to her mate “naw, I’ve never heard oh a peach and chickpea curry either Mary”

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Her and her toxic bootstrap mentally 🙄 The big issue is that things don’t get better? like most people can’t get multiple book deals and become engaged a few times to a few different high earners? The whole issue is work doesn’t pay (and this is over simplified and ignoring the UBI no one should have to work for essentials thing) and hasn’t for years, and things will only get worse as private landlords like her dad raise rents, inflation and rising cost of living, council tax increases, annual train fare rise, death / illness / divorce, etc etc. She is such a bleeping Tory how was this never caught?!

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.