Jack Monroe #192 Hoist with her own anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The SB thing is the most chilling IMO. Once ur eyes are open to the fact he’s not there NOW every bit of leakage like this last minute get away makes you realise he was never there THEN. even the times she’d exploit him for content was the odd weekend, the time she claims he’s at his dads.

When she posted a picture of his room (which is just grotesque of any parent tbh) it looked like a youth hostel in Amsterdam just basic IKEA furniture with absolutely nothing in it. What kid can fit their entire existence into a handful of Kallax cubes?
There was that wierd time on This Morning during the infamous lingreenie segment when Ruth asked Jack how she was coping during lockdown with her son and Jack said he was at his Dad's and they shared parenting so it wasn't too bad.
Which is fine apart from the fact she had spent weeks moaning on twitter about how hard it was being a single parent in lockdown with no support. Trying to entertain and home educate SB when she had (again) no support.
I reckon Ruth's innocent question caught her on the hop and she couldn't think fast enough on her feet to go through her 'I'm a single parent and it is so hard' routine. Plus lying live on television when SB, his dad and family were probably watching is a bit different to tweeting and implying single parenthood.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
2A041AD4-2974-4C07-B2FF-DB6F49A2BFF5.png

1 - other food services is not a valid description
2 - March year ends should usually have filed end of December so she is VERY late now. Everyone did get an extension of three months so she had until end of March. Played havoc with normal deadlines as tax payment date usually same as accounts date (and they didn’t change it) so you get the accounts and tax done early. Tax return deadline could have been extended to end of April, possibly May. Unlikely to be June.

• Wow
Reactions: 49
hilariously, because she is late filing, she now has to put furlough on her company tax return because they recently added the boxes. If she had filed on time, she wouldn’t have had this added trigger to check for errors.

edit 🥕
The tax return will be for tax year up to April 2020 I think. The really exciting one will be next years which covers 2020-2021 during the time of the £20 shop poverty!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Is she name dropping Russel Brand perchance? What a selfish greedy goblin and a lucky parent who can drop the kid, pets, job and other commitments at a moment's notice for a quick getaway. I'm going to come across as jealous here but what a jammy bastard. She has had more non holidays in a decade then I have had in my 30+ years. She doesn't know how lucky she is. bleep. (Just for you Jack since you're back.
Russell Norman, Polpo, Year in Venice cook book?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The tax return will be for tax year up to April 2020 I think. The really exciting one will be next years which covers 2020-2021 during the time of the £20 shop poverty!
Very true. When did furlough start?

Reactions: 20
So I’ve just read that blog post. Is she suggesting SB goes to church? I assume that’s with his dad then.

Also that didn’t happen. My child has some interesting thought processes but i find they come in spurts rather than long discussions. I’ve found with children the question itself is more important than the answer.

I always remember when she was taking him to school on the train. Never mentioned it’s because she kept moving him home though?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Just checked my WhatsApp and members of my dept were furloughed 30th March, pretty sure that was as soon as it was announced too. Needless to say, they LEFT.
Most of the ones where we have to report the figures are later year ends so she might get away with worrying about that at least for a year. I think her furlough claim is at the very least dubious because Caroline could have worked.

Reactions: 19
View attachment 596139
1 - other food services is not a valid description
2 - March year ends should usually have filed end of December so she is VERY late now. Everyone did get an extension of three months so she had until end of March. Played havoc with normal deadlines as tax payment date usually same as accounts date (and they didn’t change it) so you get the accounts and tax done early. Tax return deadline could have been extended to end of April, possibly May. Unlikely to be June.

@Vanelope is correct - company accounts need to be filed 9 months after the company's year end, which for Jack should be by end of December each year, because On a Bootstrap was incorporated in March. So she'd already had her 3 month extension to take her to end of March this year, which is why they're now showing as overdue on Companies House. A company's year end is not necessarily the same as the end of the personal tax year on 5 April - Bumbear Ltd's tax year runs to 30 June annually.

It can get quite confusing therefore keeping track of dates as the self-assessment filing deadlines and the company filing deadlines are not the same (although no excuse to be as tit as Jack TBH at the paperwork - that's what we have accountants for).

Hello everyone - had nothing to say and been on a permanent grunk, so not posted for ages!

WRT the furlough payment, I am not sure she could have taken the money. I furloughed myself for 6 months and my accountant processed a monthly payroll and completed the forms for me online, then the money went directly from HMRC into my personal bank account (details of which I was required to confirm to the taxman). It didn't come into my business account and then go out again. So I would assume the furlough went directly into Caroline's hands.

HTH!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
sorry to quote self that’s not me being snobby about IKEA furniture cos I actually love IKEA / will be going there as soon as I get my second vaccine, what I meant was there’s no personality to it she’s just got basic blue / grey fabrics on white walls, nothing on the sides or walls, like a youth hostel that needs to be drunk proof not a little boy’s bedroom.
I completely understand. Find it upsetting to say the least. I don't have children but I do know they are not toys or props for performance parenting.😢

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I stopped reading as soon as the Enid Blyton SB came out "Oh Yes, Mama! Please do tell a story and then we shall have a scrumptious feast of fish paste on toast and it will be the most delightful dinner I ever had."
Shame, you missed out on the pair of them spontaneously breaking into the Big Bang Theory theme tune (on a packed commuter train at 0745 🥴)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
So true about once you've realised SB isn't there, you see so many of her stories fall apart @heretoreaditall2019 The constant gadding about on holidays she never takes, being able to drop everything for a two minute talking head slot etc. I wonder just how long he's not been there full time?
Has her son ever been there full time?
I’m glad he could be living with his dad full time, and enjoying a normal life.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Has her son ever been there full time?
I’m glad he could be living with his dad full time, and enjoying a normal life.
I think he maybe was during the five minutes she was with Allegra. Their sicky sweet articles together certainly imply it anyway, but it could've been another example of twisting the language.

Hopefully he's more settled and stable. Jack should be very bloody grateful for the fact she selected a decent bloke for her foray into parentplay.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
So I’ve just read that blog post. Is she suggesting SB goes to church? I assume that’s with his dad then.

Also that didn’t happen. My child has some interesting thought processes but i find they come in spurts rather than long discussions. I’ve found with children the question itself is more important than the answer.

I always remember when she was taking him to school on the train. Never mentioned it’s because she kept moving him home though?
Think Essexgirl101 said it was so far from Jack’s house because it was very near SB’s dad’s house....

• Heart
Reactions: 33
So, of all the hundreds of people who replied to yesterday's phishing tweet, she's faved two blue ticker responses (one from Ian Rankin) and, unrelatedly, this -

Screenshot 2021-05-30 at 11.29.31.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
What I don't like (amongst loads of other things) is that Jack always links every kind of purchase, wether it is thousands of horrible looking cutlery to sideboards to holidays with either a horrible condition that justifies it (so depressed that I needed a short trip) or that it was gifted to her. She rarely admits having bought something just like anyone buys anything. It is manipulative and I think she is lying about the majority of it. Just a feeling m'lud!
She then accuses the coven of not wanting her to have nice things, which is ,again ,an accusation. Nobody here would want anyone to have little but she exchanges cause and effect- we don't like her because she twists the truth and has long been vague and not set the record straight that she is not poor anymore. Why do the squigs need to fund someone who lives in a large bungalow in a good area?
As with depression- from my own experience- a spontaneous trip to Venice does not fix real depression. She paints a picture of having NEEDED this trip and that her braggy food indulgances are justified.
It is the fabricated justifications and entitlement that I am angry about. When I went through poor patches this is exactly what wealthy 'friends' did...they could not say that they went on multiple holidays (I would have been OK with that, nobody needs to explain anything to me) just because but that they had some kind of condition which justified it.
The fact that Jack needs to give a reason or explain that something was gifted IMHO only serves one purpose:to continuingly let people assume she has always been and is still poor.
This is a reminder why I am here- because I nearly donated money (I am a fool) based on the assumption that she was still very poor.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I bet Jack is simmering away wanting to have a dig a BJ and his wedding.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
So, of all the hundreds of people who replied to yesterday's phishing tweet, she's faved two blue ticker responses (one from Ian Rankin) and, unrelatedly, this -

View attachment 596286
Hold on, the other blue ticker response wasn't even in reply to her 'I miss you 🥺🥺💞' tweet, it was just a random blue ticker mentioning her days ago. So to clarify, out of all the people who responded, she's faved Ian Rankin's reply and *only* Ian Rankin's reply.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.