Jack Monroe #192 Hoist with her own anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Back home, I frequently suffer migraines that put me to bed for days, popping yellow and pink Migraleve and ibuprofen and aspirin by the handful, burying my face in a pillow with the duvet pinned over my head, desperate to shut out the light that makes me feel as though I have a giant, crushing hand gripping my left temple, its bullying fingers forcing their way into the nape of my neck. I have been here a week, and guess what – no migraine. I suspect I could stay here a month (and oh how I’d love to) and the dreaded agony would not rear its ugly head."

https://web.archive.org/web/20160604125042/https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2014/01/11/stars/

@SoulRebel another one for the list

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
spotted in holmfirth today. presumably unable to HOOT due to mask

View attachment 596473
Ok, so are we all in agreement that a Frau works for Holmfirth Council‘s publicity department? Not just the “fizzing”, theres a glove pigeon right there front and centre. There’s so much going on in that picture, where does the mask end and the scarf begin? Then, where does the scarf end and the jacket begin?

Jockie Mcroe’s video clip is just cringe, the sad thing is, they’re actually at a food bank, it would be so much better to hear more from the people actually there.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
"Back home, I frequently suffer migraines that put me to bed for days, popping yellow and pink Migraleve and ibuprofen and aspirin by the handful, burying my face in a pillow with the duvet pinned over my head, desperate to shut out the light that makes me feel as

@SoulRebel another one for the list
Bib not seen her in a while ☹

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Screenshot_20210530-181517_Chrome.jpg

...Tanzania is GMT+3. No daylight savings, so depending on the time of year, either 2 or 3 hours' difference.

Of course you didn't suffer from jet lag, Jack, you utter buffoon.

• Haha
Reactions: 76
My personal favourite of Jack's conversations with her son that really absolutely happened is the 'what's UNICEF?' on a train one where she imagines that other passengers are judging her as 'a scruffy little oik blithely quoting international birth rate statistics before 9AM'. Build one of your beloved bridges and get over yourself, dear heart. I do also quite like the one where she calls her son a 'pint-sized misogynist' because he said she was fat. Or the one where he deadnamed her during a tantrum and they both wept, which is like the more poignant version of 'and then everyone clapped'. She's bleeping crackers milord.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
My personal favourite of Jack's conversations with her son that really absolutely happened is the 'what's UNICEF?' on a train one where she imagines that other passengers are judging her as 'a scruffy little oik blithely quoting international birth rate statistics before 9AM'. Build one of your beloved bridges and get over yourself, dear heart. I do also quite like the one where she calls her son a 'pint-sized misogynist' because he said she was fat. Or the one where he deadnamed her during a tantrum and they both wept, which is like the more poignant version of 'and then everyone clapped'. She's bleeping crackers milord.
I was having a little internet stalk, and found some posts in Jack's dead name from 2016 on a lib dem message board.

So either someone borrowed her name and writing style, or Jack was dead naming herself.

• Wow
Reactions: 47
Obviously pure conjecture but the more you think about SB the more obvious it seems he might not have been there with her most of the time. It's like getting a sudden realisation and going over things rather like when I'd seen The Sixth Sense. He never accompanied her to shops, and they never go out for walks anywhere, or to the seaside on their doorstep. Yet when someone suggested she go somewhere to do something (can't remember context) she snapped back 'I've got a small child and can't leave him on his own'. Yet she apparently did all the time - all the post office trips and getting the train to various places when it wasn't the weekend and LC had moved out.
It would also explain the baffling lack of knowledge about what her son was reading - the David Walliams books. And also the constant discrepancies between what she said she was going to do 'I'm going for a walk with my son' 'I'm spending the day watching Disney films with my son' 'I'll be off twitter to homeschool my son' but then obviously doing nothing of the sort.
All rather sad if true. Actually very sad. I feel a bit sorry for her.
It also makes a lot of sense as to why real life people haven’t historically stepped in. Hypothetically if all the people in her real life circle knew that SB wasn’t with her when she was tweeting whatever bollocks it was and potentially that he hadn’t been with her for great periods of her poverty claims, there’s no need to dispute the rest as that alone would prove to everyone who knew her/them that she was lying.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Obviously pure conjecture but the more you think about SB the more obvious it seems he might not have been there with her most of the time. It's like getting a sudden realisation and going over things rather like when I'd seen The Sixth Sense. He never accompanied her to shops, and they never go out for walks anywhere, or to the seaside on their doorstep. Yet when someone suggested she go somewhere to do something (can't remember context) she snapped back 'I've got a small child and can't leave him on his own'. Yet she apparently did all the time - all the post office trips and getting the train to various places when it wasn't the weekend and LC had moved out.
It would also explain the baffling lack of knowledge about what her son was reading - the David Walliams books. And also the constant discrepancies between what she said she was going to do 'I'm going for a walk with my son' 'I'm spending the day watching Disney films with my son' 'I'll be off twitter to homeschool my son' but then obviously doing nothing of the sort.
All rather sad if true. Actually very sad. I feel a bit sorry for her.
I was with you right up until the last sentence. (BIB)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I was having a little internet stalk, and found some posts in Jack's dead name from 2016 on a lib dem message board.

So either someone borrowed her name and writing style, or Jack was dead naming herself.
LJC what a find @FrumpyCat

I had a nosy too. In response to a post titled -

“Tim Farron writes: Good wishes to mark Eid al-Adha”

Someone wrote this (it‘s a really, really horrible thing to say) -

Melissa Hadjicostas 13th Sep '16 - 11:43am
Did Tim send a special message to Christians at Easter? If not why not?

Edited to add the link -

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 63
Yeah that's peak Tory energy and I wouldn't be surprised.

I've always thought she was a nasty cow purely because she bangs on and on about what a good person she is.

The thing about kind people is, they're just kind.

They don't need to tell 300 thousand people on Twitter they are because they do kind things and word gets around.

And if you're difficult.....word also gets around doesn't it?

• Heart
Reactions: 61
LJC what a find @FrumpyCat

I had a nosy too. In response to a post titled -

“Tim Farron writes: Good wishes to mark Eid al-Adha”

Someone wrote this (it‘s a really, really horrible thing to say) -

Melissa Hadjicostas 13th Sep '16 - 11:43am
Did Tim send a special message to Christians at Easter? If not why not?

Edited to add the link -

That is horrible. And if it is her the mask slipped

• Wow
Reactions: 37
Well that’s a difficult one isn’t it? No one could ever prove it either way.
Jack gets to claim it as evidence of deadnaming and stalking etc

Reactions: 34
Maybe she is going to do the thing Loraine kelly did and claim her online public persona is a character?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I believe Lorraine. No one could be that bleeping annoying all the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Well that’s a difficult one isn’t it? No one could ever prove it either way.
Jack gets to claim it as evidence of deadnaming and stalking etc
Exactly. It really could be anyone, and for all we know it could be someone else just using the name, or even someone with the same name. I‘m just amazed Jack’s not already come across it before, and asked if it can be taken down.

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.