Jack Monroe #190 The sloppening

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're all just using this opportunity to quietly unfollow her šŸ˜‚

View attachment 585135
Hmmmmmm, quite the trend there...wondering what happened on Wednesday.

Iā€™m about to start a new job and it will involve more social media stuff than I do at the moment. Need to reskill, so Iā€™m learning about social monitoring from the cabal!

Donā€™t worry, Iā€™m pretty hot on how to assess influencers šŸ˜

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Warning:
ā€¢ No slop
ā€¢ Amazing fresh zingy flavours
ā€¢ Texture
ā€¢ Clear recipes

youā€™ve been warned @Billybellend!
I genuinely read 'clear recipes' as meaning they're not opaque brown atrocities at first because of Jack's unique take on cooking

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Looking at Marcus Rashrord's well deserved success it does make you think how Jack managed to make so little out of this past year. It was apparently entirely her niche, cooking on a budget with limited resources, and more people using food banks.
Yet what legacy from this time has she left? Hardly DKL (apart from to the devoted fans of it found here), a couple of articles mainly about herself, and she did insert herself into the FSM debate but of course got bored. Her fevered 8 billion recipes in a day on twitter was only to annoy THAT MAN.
All seems such a wasted opportunity for her (not that a pandemic should be seen as an opportunity but you know what I mean) as she was definitely given opportunities. She could've done something important and interesting. I think her insistence on making out she always had everything worse than anyone hamstrung her from looking at the bigger picture.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I just went to a vegan/ethical type fair šŸ”ŗand bought a cactus planted in a washed out tin can. Am I Jack? (But seriously this is actually a sensible easy thing to do with them!ā€™)

• Haha
Reactions: 27
This would be amazing pls, Iā€™m happy to add links to posts to the wiki as itā€™s something productive to do in the drought!

Hoping sheā€™s gone to a Sarah A #bossbabe convention and will be launching sloop lifestyle brand for us tho
I started looking for links to add to the wiki re: Grenfell + firefighter fakery but Iā€™ve failed to finish it. If youā€™d like to do that I think itā€™s a great section - thread 95 had a good discussion with earlier links. Long story short- was never a firefighter, never worked as a firefighter, photo in firefighter uniform was a charity ā€œdress upā€ event, apparently advised the Groucho on fire escape plan (!) launched their own Grenfell enquiry featuring Fack, Fackā€™s dad and some other qualified people, turned up at Grenfell and was given donated shoes to pair up (to keep out of the way of actual people who knew what they were doing) TL:DR not a firefighter and never has been

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Trifle Defender makes some interesting points in her article praising the Full Time Campaign. I wonder which food writers she could be referring to....
Crikey. She couldn't be naming Jack more unless she actually named her.
Moral: never ever piss off trifle lovers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Trifle Defender makes some interesting points in her article praising the Full Time Campaign. I wonder which food writers she could be referring to....
This is delightful. (Almost) teen boy cannot live on crappy cream cheese and grated carrot sandwich alone, but we all knew that. That's toddler food for little baby led weaning sandwich squares.

Reactions: 43
She started off as always with potential. She did that larder thingy. It could have been good, it could have been useful... Nope random ingredients with no business together slung in a pan and cooked badly.

Looking back it was such a wasted opportunity.

Reactions: 34
In the absence of any present day chaos please can someone point me in the direction of the aforementioned trolley gift rudeness?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.