Jack Monroe #190 The sloppening

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure about books, but Patreon at this level charges 8% plus payment processing fee.
Jack has 324 patreons, if they were at the lowest level of £3.50 per month then that equates to about a grand before any tax.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
Not sure about books, but Patreon at this level charges 8% plus payment processing fee.
Jack has 324 patreons, if they were at the lowest level of £3.50 per month then that equates to about a grand before any tax.
Enough to pay the hotel bill then, that's good for her.

Reactions: 19
Benefits there was some poster here who claimed to be in a Facebook group (to do with parenting I think) with Jack at the time Jack was setting up the craft/embroidery hustle, and says the group were imploring them to apply for benefits for the sake of SB and a certain Tory pixie wanted to make it on their own
That was me. It was Jack's personal Facebook page, that I was pointed in the direction of by a blogger. That Facebook account was deleted once Jack became known, as it wouldn't have fitted with the tale being spun at the time, and another was started. It was at that point that I felt something was 'off' about Jack, along with allowing her child to go hungry because she wanted to work, ignoring all the people who gave her good advice. I've dipped in and out of her shenanigans over the years, then stumbled across Tattle, and found you lovely lot, so I no longer felt like the odd one out because I didn't think they should be canonised!
I tried to find reference to Jack's Facebook account on that blog to find the dates, but have been unsuccessful; the blogger has had a few different blogs over the years ànd she mothballed some.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
@KingBabar didn't you join the Mrs Gloss make up group as well???
I’m not great with the wayback machine, not sure if you looked for the blogger on there.
Yes the months after becoming an unemployed mum showed Jack at council meetings -wearing a dress!!!not looking at all undernourished

Reactions: 27
A little way down from that extract she mentions another recipe of hers that uses tea. Banana and tea curry anyone?

ETA I found the ingredients but no recipe. It also contains tinned mandarins and yogurt. Tasty.
There you go. One for the meal plan next week then? 😉 (Hand is mine. Hopefully fingernails pass muster!)
IMG20210522094837.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
There you go. One for the meal plan next week then? 😉 (Hand is mine. Hopefully fingernails pass muster!)
View attachment 584772
I don't understand how it can be coriander OR mint OR parsley. I know herbs be herbs Jack, but those three taste so different. Mint mandarin tea chickpea curry is so bleeping rank sounding.

So who's making it then? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
20210522_020556.jpg
I don't understand how it can be coriander OR mint OR parsley. I know herbs be herbs Jack, but those three taste so different. Mint mandarin tea chickpea curry is so bleeping rank sounding.

So who's making it then? :ROFLMAO:
Hahahaaaaaa🤣 Oh good God, no.
But here's a picture of the cushion my very lovely twin sister (who follows these threads) gave me.
Apparently, it would "cheer me up" & it certainly does, I love it.
Lolz❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
“Happy one week birthday to this thread”

“one week”....

It’s a good job you don’t have to use Pythagoras’s theorem every day, like Jack does. Only diagnosed gifted people are allowed to enjoy Pythagoras.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
It’s a good job you don’t have to use Pythagoras’s theorem every day, like Jack does. Only diagnosed gifted people are allowed to enjoy Pythagoras.
I am currently using Pythagoras to calculate the distance to the students having a party on my street.

Given that it seems the hypotenuse has worked out to be “not f****** far enough away”, I must be in @Sideboard Bob ’s camp of mathematical ability.

OT, if herbs are herbs are herbs, does that mean we could have…
1. Sage chocolate chip ice cream?
2. Carrot and oregano soup?
3. Tomato and rosemary pasta sauce?
4. Cod in cheese and mint sauce?

What a moonbot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Breathless by The Corrs is the only song I've ever sung at karaoke and I feel better now it's out there AND BREATHE - the irony!!!
The only two songs I've ever "sung" karaoke are Boys of Summer by Don Henley (which is harder to sing than you expect) and What's My Age Again by Blink 182

• Heart
Reactions: 17
@KingBabar didn't you join the Mrs Gloss make up group as well???
I’m not great with the wayback machine, not sure if you looked for the blogger on there.
Yes the months after becoming an unemployed mum showed Jack at council meetings -wearing a dress!!!not looking at all undernourished
That must have been someone else, as I'd never heard of Mrs Gloss until I read about it in one of the threads.
I've never been very successful with the wayback machine either but I'll give it a go next week when I'll have some free time. It would be good to see where on the timeline the Facebook thing fitted.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
That must have been someone else, as I'd never heard of Mrs Gloss until I read about it in one of the threads.
I've never been very successful with the wayback machine either but I'll give it a go next week when I'll have some free time. It would be good to see where on the timeline the Facebook thing fitted.
This would be amazing pls, I’m happy to add links to posts to the wiki as it’s something productive to do in the drought!

Hoping she’s gone to a Sarah A #bossbabe convention and will be launching sloop lifestyle brand for us tho

• Haha
Reactions: 34
The most hilarious incarnation would be Jack as an anti-social media guru

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I'd perhaps entertain the pleasant thought that Jack had decided to turn over a new leaf and leave her grifting behind IF it wasn't for turning on the Twitter tip jar the second it became a thing. Still haven't found anyone else who has! Feckin' fastest finger first!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.