Jack Monroe #190 The sloppening

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It seems like it could be connected with the chaos over the sex abuse / stalker allegations against someone very identifiable.

Maybe someone in her life finally realised how batshit her Twitter feed was for a “professional” “campaigner” and “food writer”.

Whether she’s sorted herself out or not....I guess we’ll have to wait for the inevitable My Journey Back From Hell article in the Guardian.
Blimey I'd forgotten the identifying the stalker saga - implicating her old school. Also the squiggle questioning her data protection policies (hint: none).
I agree she is in trouble somewhere along the line for libel/slander (can never remember which it is). I always had a feeling the head teacher was not the pushover his forgiving tweets would suggest. She said his students looked like hostages and were basically brainwashed. I wouldn't let that go if I was him.
Rehab and vague illness being used as mitigating circumstances.

Reactions: 57
That's got to be inconvenient. I mean, what if you drop something in public, and some nice little old man grabs your wrist to get your attention, and you're just like a quivering, orgasming wreck on the floor of John Lewis.
Perhaps that's why she's kicks shins it not out of rage it's pleasure.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Re the New Yorker piece, what chimed with me the most was his use of mental illness as both cover and excuse for bad behaviour. Sounds so familiar.

Reactions: 42
Ironic that the magazine is called delicious 😑
I’ve written to tracing standards and the ASA

Trading standards! And I reported 🥕
how can it be auto correct if I write the correct word and 🥕changes it to the wrong one 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Blimey I'd forgotten the identifying the stalker saga - implicating her old school. Also the squiggle questioning her data protection policies (hint: none).
I agree she is in trouble somewhere along the line for libel/slander (can never remember which it is). I always had a feeling the head teacher was not the pushover his forgiving tweets would suggest. She said his students looked like hostages and were basically brainwashed. I wouldn't let that go if I was him.
Rehab and vague illness being used as mitigating circumstances.
There’s a lot of reasons to use mitigating circumstances:

The headteacher
The alleged stalker
The overdue accounts
The overdue book
The ICO

😬

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Just saw on BBC News that HMRC have threatened to shut down Goop’s UK operations because Gwyneth Paltrow hasn’t submitted her full 2019 accounts, so Jack may be facing a reckoning very soon. Fingers crossed for a chaos, but Jack’s going to have to make it a good one because her Scottish counterpart’s thread has been wildly entertaining.
Complete with family and friends turning up on the thread and seeing off a police/legal complaint! 🤣 I think Vonny has outdone Jack in that respect.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
The silence reminds me of my (FANCY) school upbringing...
In particular, music, Philip Glass, I think, my addled brain could be wrong, but there's a tune where it's just silence

Silence

The alternative is, of course, piano playing 🎹🎹🎹🎹🎹🤜🤜🤜🤜🎹🎹🎹🎹

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She is such a twit.

Would you rather eat at a dinner party cooked by Jack, or, sit next to Jack for the duration of the party, food cooked by a proper chef? Eat the slop or listen to hours of this whilst she fidgets too.
No.
too short
No

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I'll be giving their recipes the side eye in future for sure. If they're lying about that recipe, what else are fibbing about being amazing?
They did use a question with a yes or no answer to start so I guess they are giving people the option of whether or not it's delicious and not just telling them it is. So I will let them away with it.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The silence reminds me of my (FANCY) school upbringing...
In particular, music, Philip Glass, I think, my addled brain could be wrong, but there's a tune where it's just silence

Silence

The alternative is, of course, piano playing 🎹🎹🎹🎹🎹🤜🤜🤜🤜🎹🎹🎹🎹
John Cage's 4'33"?

far preferable to the claw hand plink plonk

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
That was brilliant! What a thrilling way to not do much work this morning. I enjoyed every bit of that article. Jack, as you read here, this is what a well thought out article about someone’s lies and manipulation looks like. Hopefully, the Guardian will be brave enough to do one soon.... or not 🤷‍♀️
Wow that was some read! Fascinating and also disturbing. That last paragraph where he talks about his second book sounds like a thinly veiled threat against the Agatha Christie author and the journalist who wrote the article.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
From what she has said herself, I think rehab would have been the best place for her without any of the reasons that may have got her into trouble. I genuinely hope she works on herself and recovers from whatever addiction(s) she has, a day at a time.

But what I’m not keen on is the thought of her getting away with something by using it/them as an excuse for crappy behaviour. It makes sense that someone has said “get into rehab, it’ll make you look better” but what about taking responsibility and facing up to what you’ve said or done? She needs to know that she can’t pretty much point out where an ex-teacher lives and accuse him online of sexual abuse and stalking. She can’t repeatedly tweet her misguided opinions about a school and it’s teachers and pupils in such a defamatory way. She can’t misuse people’s personal details and stories so flippantly. And even if it’s a “faceless crime”, she can’t put in her accounts late so why should rehab be a get out of jail free card?

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.