Jack Monroe #190 The sloppening

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But she hasnt even directed people to her profile, so how can they tip? I don't get it,. Can you see peoples profiles without seeking them?

But she hasnt even directed people to her profile, so how can they tip? I don't get it,. Can you see peoples profiles without seeking them

Reactions: 17
But she hasnt even directed people to her profile, so how can they tip? I don't get it,. Can you see peoples profiles without seeking them?
If she was acting her usual way, tweeting a lot etc then a lot of her posts would be shared on people's feeds who may then click on her profile out of curiosity. I expect many people wouldn't even notice the button was there but it's more the principle of it for me!

I expect if Tattle wasn't calling out her grifting she absolutely would have directed people to it, as she used to with her PayPal link before her Tattle thread blew up.

Reactions: 39
Meet Jack, she won’t make a cake for you unless you are familiar with her fanny ( I hate that word, but I’m being accurate).

• Haha
Reactions: 35
If that's what you have to do to get some action with I think I will pass. I wouldn't be able to get passed starter course never mind pudding and then "dessert"

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I wonder what she'll do for work in the future?
I saw a guy who had a recurring role in Neighbours working as an usher at the cinema not that long after he left the show.
I’ve got a lot of respect for people in the public eye who aren’t ashamed to work “normal“ jobs. In my head the Neighbours guy sings as he leads you to your seat,

”Traailers!
You’re in time to watch the trailers!
Your seat is only
a footstep
awaaay”

Back to Jack, I honestly can’t see her getting a job out of the public eye.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Every time the piano vids are posted I can't help but watch them again. They're so deliciously terrible. The way she mercilessly hammers away at those four keys with her hand contorted into a painful-looking claw while slopped over the piano in what I assume is supposed to be an alluring manner as if she's lost in the dynamics of a very moving requiem. PLINK PLONK PLINK (looks upwards in a self-satisfied manner to signify a rest) PLONK.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 76
19 likes on the Delicious mag tweet. It's almost like -dare I say it- people don't follow her for the food

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
This was in the late 90s/early 2000s? One of Toady's school friends, I think it was Pinhead or something? Poor dude, people were yelling Pinhead while he was just trying to do his job.

ETA Don't be sad @Sideboard Bob!

............PLONK!........
But it’s such a sad story 😭 I just keep picturing him with his little torch, getting shouted at.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Another thing I have increasingly discovered i have beef with is.

I Imagine L RENTS her place in London it's probably swanky enough but quite basic because she is busy as her successful job.

Now she get a lady friend who has a much bigger RENTED house for some books and some bit part TV shows and moans and wails constantly about how she rents and how unfair her life is.

L successful L with a top end job and most likely a hard worker thought she was doing good( and rightly so) with her awesome place in London has to endure her constant moaning about how she so poor in her massive RENTED house. It must have been awful to listen to all the time.

Reactions: 30
I managed to buy a pine double bed and a microwave when I bought my first flat around 35 years ago. My parents gave me their old conservatory furniture and bought me a washer dryer as a present. I was a Cub Leader in the church scout group: another leader rescued an MFI chest of drawers from a skip for me and fixed it up with spare screws for coffin handles, and the church gave me the cooker when they sold off a church hall. I was a university graduate just starting out and I was bloody grateful for the lot. Who the hell expects to move into a house full of top quality furniture and appliances? (My jaw drops when I see some wedding list expectations though 😲🤯)
@Blurp, I think your experience is the norm. You get a few hand-me downs, you buy a couple of second-hand bits, you rent a flat that already has a couch, you use a box as a bedside table, your family gives you something you need (an appliance, a mattress, etc.) as a gift. Every single person I know lived like this in their 20s and often 30s. I'm in my 40s now and I still have some stuff that was handed down, because I like it. I've also recently given a friend's daughter an old Ikea armchair for her uni room, so we could upgrade to *drumroll* a nicer Ikea armchair.

Honestly, I don't know why I'm writing all of this. You people know how life and furniture works. It's only Jack who doesn't seem to get it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
She seems to like to paint the picture that she out there on her own and that everything she has she had worked for ( lol) herself.

Its like she likes to think that she has gotten people to think her family dont wanna help or care for her whereas in reality I am sure they do but she refuses it so she can keep up the charade.

Reactions: 25
These are painful to watch for myriad reasons!

They are as appalling as her cooking. And they reveal of her mindset/personality disorder; these attempts at piano playing are utterly crap, but she feels that she's good, so good that there's no need for proper practice, sheet music or lessons. Or even two hands.

I think I need to lie down with a cold compress......on my ears.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
These are painful to watch for myriad reason!

They are as appalling as her cooking. And they reveal of her mindset/personality disorder; these attempts at piano playing are utterly crap, but she feels that she's good, so good that there's no need for proper practice, sheet music or lessons. Or even two hands.

I think I need to lie down with a cold compress......on my ears.
I cannot keep putting myself through them. I was very much a one and done person. Its like when you buy your kid a keyboard for Christmas and they are just pawing away at the keys. Trying to get Jingle bells right.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Amazing, and deserving of massive congratulations. I must admit I am a lazy frau and have sort of skim-grunked all the threads from when I was last around. I figured that most of Slackie's behaviour would be the same and from what I have seen... that was a fair and correct assumption. I must ask, however....

- What happened to cousin Eamon, did we get any other visits?
- What happened to that lawsuit that her unruly labia was sitting on?
- Did we ever find out why she was in Edinburgh? How very dare she.
- Who is she currently trying to get to pay her rent?

I'm betting it will be a photo of herself with a keffiyeh under her denim shirt. Then claims that she once spent time in a kibbutz whilst on her gap year. You know, the gap year in her head between Monday and Tuesday.
When I moved into my first flat I was offered a dining table and chairs that were otherwise going in the skip. 25 years later I find myself the owner of a beautiful ercol elm wood drop leaf table and chairs! I also have my great grandmas chest of drawers and my nana’s Lloyd loom chair and bedside cabinets. I love hand me downs!!
Me too. We go to auctions and house sales, car boots. Nothing wrong with a hand me down, ask the Queen.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
🎵🎶🎵 Don’t be fooled by the clocks that I got... I’m still, I’m still Jackie from the block 🎵🎶🎵

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
The mistakes are throughout the article too. Apparently you turn the oven to 180 o C, I assume she means 180°c.

The peach buns contain pears and no peaches. She does that thing again, says roll out dough, cut into 12, then says "repeat until all dough is used up". But it only makes 12, so it is all used up already. It doesn't make sense.

You leave the peach peach drizzle cake to cool completely, next paragraph says the cake should be warm when you are icing it. "If you would like a little more moisture in the cake, punch holes in it and pour boiled down juice into the holes." The cake is dryer than a **** *****, there is no question about whether it needs more moisture or not.
It's an extremely competitive field, but "pour boiled down juice into the holes" may just be the least appetising line in any Jack Monroe recipe ever.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.