Jack Monroe #190 The sloppening

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t find a picture of the market stall fleece blankets you get, but they’re either that wolf pattern or rich jewel colours, I had a leopard print one and you’d wake up from a (grim) sofa nap drenched in sweat and so statically charged you could levitate over ur laminate floor

• Haha
Reactions: 70
We're on the old THTC system that was put in throughout the Highlands years ago. It stands for Total Heating with Total Control, we have two separate electricity meters on two separate rates, one has all the storage heaters/panel heaters on it and the other has everything else. I can turn the heating on or off at the wall and set the storage heaters to boost us in the morning or the evening, but other than that, SSE has control of that circuit and they choose when power is supplied to it depending on the forecast for our area. We get between 5 and 12 hours a day of power to it. The other circuit is unrestricted, but it's charged at a higher rate than their standard rate, while the heating circuit is supposed to be at a very low rate, but it was 7.65p/kwh when we first moved here 13 years ago and is now up to 16.73p/kwh for the heating circuit, 20.6p/kwh for the other circuit and 27.49p per day for the standing charge.

Until recently it was impossible to switch away from without getting your circuits rewired because no other company would touch the two meter system, but they've recently managed to overcome that, so I can have a look at switching - but they're ending support for these meters soon and will be swapping everyone over to a single meter system, so I might as well hold on and get them to do the work (plus we're hoping to do a lot of work on our house early next year, including getting an air source heat pump and full central heating fitted), although goodness knows what they'll switch me to, as I'm in an area where smart meters don't work (no signal). The meter at my holiday cottage down the road is an old key meter I've been trying to get swapped out for three years, it broke over Christmas and I'm now getting free electricity there while they try and figure out what to do. They do have a small stock of old meters, but their protocols say I can't have one of those unless the power goes off and five months later, the power still hasn't gone off! According to a friendly SSE engineer I spoke to, I've done my bit in informing them of the problem in the first place and all they can legally bill me for is the daily standing charge when they finally sort it out.

Sorry, off-topic rant about ancient Highland heating systems over...
THTC is the pits! The worst is that so much of the renewable electricity in Scotland is generated in the Highlands with that area profitting the least of it in terms of tarrifs (unless there's a community scheme that can benefit). Fingers crossed you're getting your single meter soon (not that single meters are great, but better than THTC)!

Reactions: 28
Oh god, those one handers were cringeworthy. I’ve tried looking for them but can’t find them anywhere 🤣
I think they were originally posted on her insta - I’m sure Marmalade might have them in her lever arch files if you ask nicely ..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
These are so cringe, I think they actually get worse the more you watch them. I can't believe she posted these online... publicly...for people to see. 😩

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
These are so cringe, I think they actually get worse the more you watch them. I can't believe she posted these online... publicly...for people to see. 😩
When you think about how much she inflates her sense of having unique talent and self-importance, you can believe it :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.