Jack Monroe #190 The sloppening

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
27k is about 1,800 a month take home. At the high end, a one-bed in Southend is about £750 now (would have probably been cheaper back before the big COVID exodus to the coast and gentrification). I'm guessing she just absolutely spunked the money away and then put even more on credit cards, hence being able to raise 3k when times got tough.

As I've said before, Jackanomics is a weird thing. Buying a 1,400 quid jacket is an investment, because she can sell it if times get tough, but apparently even the charity shops of Southend have to mark down their designer goods to 50p. Maybe she's really, really good at sales?
The big question is - Papa was in print somewhere (Grenfell time I think) moaning about Firefighters putting their lives on the line for just £28k Per year, which seems a really good question if the call handlers are earning just a grand a year less at £27k as at when Jack was 21.

Reactions: 44
She has got a full-size keyboard, she's shown Blair Witch-style footage of her son playing it. He was far more competent than Jack's self-indulgent ivory assault so hopefully his dad is encouraging him to take lessons and he's not under his mother's tutelage.

I must admit I do quite often play my keyboard with only one hand at a time but that's because it is only two octaves so is very smol. Also I'm tit at piano 🤷‍♀️ I stopped lessons twenty years ago to play guitar instead as it's way cooler and easier. Apologies to my piano teacher who would be appalled at Pet Slop Bots even though I am quite sure that my piano teacher is DEAD, EDWINA.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Twitter fraus - has anyone noticed any other 'creative' making use of that tip jar button? Would be interested to know if it's just her shameless enough to jump straight on it 😂
not scientific but I've just checked several accounts I follow who are big on "if you like my content, this is my kofi" or similar. accounts that offer real content, eg comedians who are doing viral videos having lost work in the last year. not like, "here's some brown slop and my cat's bum. d'you remember when freddos were 5p?"

anyway, the only account I've seen that includes the tip jar link.........................it's jack monroe's account

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
not scientific but I've just checked several accounts I follow who are big on "if you like my content, this is my kofi" or similar. accounts that offer real content, eg comedians who are doing viral videos having lost work in the last year. not like, "here's some brown slop and my cat's bum. d'you remember when freddos were 5p?"

anyway, the only account I've seen that includes the tip jar link.........................it's jack monroe's account
Same. I also had a check on sm*l r*b*t man which took me a lot longer than it should as I was searching for slopbot.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Quoting myself like an idiot as I've always wanted to!

Wiki says 114 hours and 47 minutes. Last tweet was 13/05 at 2052. So to break the record we need radio silence until at least 18/05 1539.

Place your bets...
If she’d not retweeted that Delicious mag thing she’d have smashed that record by now.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
@lilamay This paragraph is classic Jack, she should have this tattooed instead of whatever backyard scratch she's got now.View attachment 580364
She is such a twit.

Would you rather eat at a dinner party cooked by Jack, or, sit next to Jack for the duration of the party, food cooked by a proper chef? Eat the slop or listen to hours of this whilst she fidgets too.

Decisions. Decisions.... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
She is such a twit.

Would you rather eat at a dinner party cooked by Jack, or, sit next to Jack for the duration of the party, food cooked by a proper chef? Eat the slop or listen to hours of this whilst she fidgets too.

I'd eat the slop every time. I've known a few of her type and for me the physical discomfort from eating her cooking would do less damage than having to listen to her shite. Especially if I had to be nice to her, I just couldn't haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She is such a twit.

I just couldn’t eat anything cooked by her. Never. I wouldn’t even trust a Lion Bar from her, it’s like an inner sense of self preservation.
How about you? I’m curious what you and others who’ve braved the recipes would decide!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’ve got a lot of respect for people in the public eye who aren’t ashamed to work “normal“ jobs.
Me too. Like Ray Quinn - all his gigs were cancelled due to the pandemic so he became a delivery driver and then a carpet fitter. He said, “I didn’t want to sit around and feel sorry for myself.”

Jack could take a leaf out of his book.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I just couldn’t eat anything cooked by her. Never. I wouldn’t even trust a Lion Bar from her, it’s like an inner sense of self preservation.
How about you? I’m curious what you and others who’ve braved the recipes would decide!
Same!!! I still find myself thinking about that bread slime....

I couldn't do three courses of her slop. I do get annoyed by folks like her, but at the same time I get glee supplying them rope to hang themself with, so dinner entertainment lol!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
She is such a twit.

That's a hard one - if you were sitting next to her at a dinner party, having to listen to all her shite, you'd probably get indigestion and die. If you had to eat her food cooked by her, you'd probably get indigestion and die.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I reckon I would hire a goat for the night. My support goat, if you like. There's a company here called Rent-a-Ruminant, they let you borrow a goat for a day to get back control of overgrown gardens.

I'll get the gourmet meal sans Jack and my new mate Billy gets a rancid meal. Yessss

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I'd definitely eat her slop ,the portion sizes are so smol it would only be about 6 mouthfuls for the entire meal ,then you wash it down with something alcoholic and then sod off for a kebab ....I wouldn't be sitting next to her ,when she starts waffling with her nonsense my bullshit detector would be all 🚨🚨🚨🚨and that WOULD not be a good place to be ..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
She is such a twit.

Can one wear earplugs?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.