Jack Monroe #190 The sloppening

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On a full and flavoursome grunk but... ssssh, the rigger is in another thread I follow (am doing grunkink overtime)
Sorry if this is old news, the perils of doing da grunk
🍍

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
I will just never understand the need for more than £27k when at the time she was childless, and worked in a part of the country with reasonable rent costs. Why did she work as a call handler, and in a coffee shop, and also in a nightclub, and still apparently was skint? I don’t get it. I had way less coming in than that when I had three small kids in an expensive city - I bought lovely things from eBay and second hand shops, nobody had to take pity and give me a piano 🤷‍♀️ Most people who RENT have to keep the size down, cos money, so wouldn’t usually want a random piano in their living room, just in case one day they wanted to bash it to death with a claw-hand.

That said, my friends had things like 2007 reg cars so they were a bit gauche, darling.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Honestly, I don't know why I'm writing all of this. You people know how life and furniture works. It's only Jack who doesn't seem to get it.
You’re writing it because, like me, you’re wondering why the fk Jack thinks this is a sign of poverty...in your early 20’s...and has the front to do a sad essay about it.

My only furniture purchases, by her age, were a bed and chest of drawers, I bought them on “tick” paid for them monthly. I hauled them to various rentals until one landlord asked if he could buy the bed off me. The drawers (along with some other stuff we’ve had for a good 20 years) went to my 29 year old nephew 2 years ago for the house he (he’s a doctor) & his gf (she’s an accountant) had “bought”. I felt a bit ashamed I was giving them my cast offs, they were happy af with all of it and will replace it as and when they can afford to. That’s how everyone I know starts off. You make do and are usually really grateful you’ve not got to go out and furnish whole rooms. She’s such a delusional privileged fkr she truly believes she’s worth more. Hun, you’re not!

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I will just never understand the need for more than £27k when at the time she was childless, and worked in a part of the country with reasonable rent costs. Why did she work as a call handler, and in a coffee shop, and also in a nightclub, and still apparently was skint? I don’t get it. I had way less coming in than that when I had three small kids in an expensive city - I bought lovely things from eBay and second hand shops, nobody had to take pity and give me a piano 🤷‍♀️ Most people who RENT have to keep the size down, cos money, so wouldn’t usually want a random piano in their living room, just in case one day they wanted to bash it to death with a claw-hand.

That said, my friends had things like 2007 reg cars so they were a bit gauche, darling.
I can only hope we/tattle live long enough to see property owner Jack. The deposit she’s always going on about really is just the start of things, especially if she gets one of these huge houses she seems to think are absolutely essential.

• Haha
Reactions: 55

27k is about 1,800 a month take home. At the high end, a one-bed in Southend is about £750 now (would have probably been cheaper back before the big COVID exodus to the coast and gentrification). I'm guessing she just absolutely spunked the money away and then put even more on credit cards, hence being able to raise 3k when times got tough.

As I've said before, Jackanomics is a weird thing. Buying a 1,400 quid jacket is an investment, because she can sell it if times get tough, but apparently even the charity shops of Southend have to mark down their designer goods to 50p. Maybe she's really, really good at sales?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I hope her parents didn’t pay for lessons. Does she still have a piano now, has she bothered getting lessons for SB?

Reactions: 19
Twitter fraus - has anyone noticed any other 'creative' making use of that tip jar button? Would be interested to know if it's just her shameless enough to jump straight on it 😂

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.