Jack Monroe #188 Jack sits on a train of lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm here for the puppy! 😍 what a beauty. No comment on the other stuff 😂

Tattle is a very strange place sometimes isn't it?

I think that's invariably one of the dangers when we go off topic (beyond puppies, sheep and interiors I mean) because as we know this thread gets a LOT of traffic.

@LennyBriscoe they're called Who Gives A Crap. I use them too 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Oh wait, I'm confusing it with my daughter's potty training book! the book is called Oh Crap! But the toilet paper company is Who Gives A Crap. They're great. A little pricier than from the supermarket, but it's recycled and comes in colourful paper that we use for crafts. And it's nice to not have to think about having to buy it- it just turns up and you never run out!
Who Gives a Crap is even better 😂😂😂. Every day is a school day!

I don’t care what anyone says, we’re a friendly, nice, supportive bunch here and it bugs me when people say we aren’t to suit their own narrative 😤

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I don’t care what anyone says, we’re a friendly, nice, supportive bunch here and it bugs me when people say we aren’t to suit their own narrative 😤
Agreed! I bet Jack has caught herself up too and is itching to get tweeting; jealous that her tattle thread has been taken over by someone else!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
She has been awfully quiet of late... anything I need caught up on?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Agreed! I bet Jack has caught herself up too and is itching to get tweeting; jealous that her tattle thread has been taken over by someone else!
Dear @Pocahontas

I am a concerned observer of these here threads and although I deliciously enjoy them, I am concerned that things appear to have veered off topic this evening.

I should be grateful if you would moderate your heart out and get back onto that generous, selfless, empathetic fantastic cook that is Jack Monroe, forthwith and henceforth.

With thanks
Lurker Cumberscotch

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
She has been awfully quiet of late... anything I need caught up on?
Jack kindly offered to send someone some “fancy shmancy” cutlery in the post. Nothing anywhere near as exciting as your adorable puppy!

Re. The toilet paper company. I am in awe of the people who answer their phones, I would be a disaster.
“Hello, ‘Who Gives A Help’ how can I crap? Oh tit sorry, crap, I mean... hello? Helloooo?“

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Dear @Pocahontas

I am a concerned observer of these here threads and although I deliciously enjoy them, I am concerned that things appear to have veered off topic this evening.

I should be grateful if you would moderate your heart out and get back onto that generous, selfless, empathetic fantastic cook that is Jack Monroe, forthwith and henceforth.

With thanks
Lurker Cumberscotch
Dear Lurker,

Please give the Cabal something to work with and perhaps they would be less inclined to veer off topic.

thankyou.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
This thread really shows you that there are people out there CONSTANTLY googling themselves...see also: that Guardian student cooking woman, fedorabot, and one J Monroe, PhD(hon)².

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
Hi all,

Hattie Gladwell here. I didn't think I'd ever find myself responding on Tattle. Not because I don't think that what people have to say on here isn't valid, but because I have seen myself dragged into these threads about Jack many times, and after the comments about debt I wanted to finally respond.

I've seen various comments on here that I just wanted to clear up.

Yes I am a writer, yes I am in debt. Yes I have bipolar disorder, and yes I spent my savings during a manic episode, but am now, and have been for a long time, stable, with the help of a psychiatrist and medication.

I don't have IBS — I have ulcerative colitis, a form of inflammatory bowel disease. In 2015, when I was 19, my bowel perforated and I was given a stoma bag. I was 20 minutes from death, and so it's very hurtful to read comments mocking my bowel issues in past threads.

Yes I got my 'dream job' at 19. That is correct. It was after I spent 10 months writing about inflammatory bowel disease. I was very lucky.

Unfortunately, I was in a very bad relationship for a long time, and a lot of my debt came from there. I don't want to go into that any further.

I asked for help on Twitter — but I didn't ask for financial help. I asked if anyone had any work going because I was desperate (yes, desperate, not just a bit short). I have been working non-stop and thankfully have managed to pay some of it off.

I also have a one-year-old, and was diagnosed with postnatal depression, and so during this time more debt had mounted up due to my partner losing his job while I was on maternity pay. I have been supporting a family of three for the past six months.

I'm not a bad person — nor have I taken money from strangers. But right now I'm trying to be a good mum through a lot of struggle, and I'd appreciate not being dragged into the issues with Jack.

Thank you for hearing me out.
Thank you for taking the time to stop yourself being dragged into the Jack world, you did that clearly and I am sorry you had to share all of that, I am sure we all respect that massively. Sorry for your struggles. You have been through some tough times, and I wish you, and your family well.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Frauen, may I most humbly apologise for unintentionally steering the thread off course this evening - I genuinely do find Jack’s likes insightful (and particularly during these times of drought, when I have obviously been mining her likes like Arthur Scargill) but certainly don’t want to cause upset or distress to third parties, and that includes blue tickers with a large public following.

Despite the conspicuous speed with which she seems to have been directed here, fair play to Hattie for posting and explaining her position in relation to that particular tweet. I vow to stick to Jack-created content only in future, if anything, and would be grateful @Pocahontas if you could please delete my posts at #388 and #391 as they weren’t strictly on topic and in hindsight perhaps unfair to spotlight someone other than Jack in that way. Thank (space) you.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
me and mr kcc just had a minor ice cream discourse. it made me think of this old ruby tandoh article from when she lived up here about our local dairy. her love of food is so evident, unlike, y'know, that one

• Heart
Reactions: 27
So @okaylolbye did you get a Google alert on your own name or have you been lurking here since Jack failed to deliver the article “she could bash out in ten minutes”? I get why you’d be pissed that she didn’t fulfil her promise.

Knowing what you now know about Jack (we have the receipts of her lies about her background, and frequent bullying and gaslighting of dissenting voices... including when she disparagingly referred to us as “addicts”) are you less inclined to include her rehashed telling of her bullshit poverty cosplay in your publication?

I’m sorry you’re struggling financially. It might be wise to think about applying for disability living allowance if your condition is life-limiting to the extent you cannot leave the house. It would be a useful process to write about for the mag, too. For a lot of middle class people they’ve no experience whatsoever of the system. It might take some of the fear and stigma away to see it written about.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Pocahontas isn’t the only mod, just something to keep in mind. If attention needs drawing to something urgently probably best to report.

On topic whoever is keeping Jack away from her main twitter, good job well done. 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Pocahontas isn’t the only mod, just something to keep in mind. If attention needs drawing to something urgently probably best to report.

On topic whoever is keeping Jack away from her main twitter, good job well done. 👍
Your screenshot button is gathering a lot of dust right now...

• Haha
Reactions: 35

She’s “our” one though 😍

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
I rate this intrusion a 5/10, sorry Hats. Feel like pure tit, just want Max back :cry:

Lads, I'm worried about Jack. What if she's actually ...fine? Jack please, I beg of you, give me something to photoshop! I'm withering away, I can feel my creative juices evaporating like yellow sticker mushrooms on a radiator.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.