Jack Monroe #188 Jack sits on a train of lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We just want to know what happened to Jack writing for the MH magazine tbh.

As an aside, can I request that we DON'T use "Jack Manroe" for the next thread title? To us it's a funny reference, but anyone who sees it out of context may think we are mocking trans/NB issues, as Jack likes to present herself as the spokesperson for that community.

• Heart
Reactions: 82
When have I taken money from strangers?

Also in regards to freelance work — I’ve moved into PR because you’re right it’s not great money.

I am unable to work out of the house because living with no large intestine means I am glued to the toilet a lot of the time.
Hello Hattie Goodwill, great name btw.
I don't know who you are or what's been occurin' but if you're struggling financially,
which I am surmising from posts, Universal credit can be applied for.
Also turn to us are very good at helping explain what you're entitled to when you're on a low income.
I have health issues myself, and am struggling through this pandemic, as most people here
and everywhere else are.
I hope things improve soon, and for all the lovely members of the cabal going through tough stuff atm.

Back to Jack, Is Jack still the first, and only, blue ticker that has got her twitter begging bowl activated?

Reactions: 36
Hey @okaylolbye

I take back and apologise for my earlier comment as you say you've earned the £400 through work rather than donations. Hope you find a solution to your problems and have more good days than bad with your health problems.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
The thing is unless you're the top % of the country everyone is struggling to some degree ( financially) with covid and it's fallout. Whether it be months of furlough pay, months of no pay, etc.

Covid had well and truly screwed alot of people but no everyone has their hand out?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
@okaylolbye, sorry if I misinterpreted your message as a grift rather than paid work. Fair play to you, earning whilst suffering from multiple illnesses is laudable.

It must rankle with you when other blue ticker Twitter users use their large number of followers to ask for handouts. It is because of those that use Twitter as an online begging platform that we are so wary of others. Especially the use of spurious health and MH conditions to garner sympathy and money, as some do. Vague tweeting about possible illness is particularly offensive. I see that you are open and honest regarding your conditions, and have proper diagnoses.

I wish you well with your endeavours and your health.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
I wish I could shoutout for more work on Twitter to top up my coffers...
Hello cabal! Long time no speak, I’ve got a new 🐶 which has been very time consuming but she’s an absolute sweetheart and I’m still lurking.

Hattie, I have never seen anything negative re IBD on here and if I did I know it would be shut down very quickly. Crohn’s doesn’t stop me or many of my friends leaving the house, and if it does then you need to reassess any treatment you are on. If you still have a stoma, that’s technically a cure. Lots of workplaces are very accommodating to disability so I’m afraid to me that just sounds like an excuse.

All the best!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
I have always bought toilet rolls in bulk. Long before the pandemic. I rarely have less than 50 rolls in.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I wish I could shoutout for more work on Twitter to top up my coffers...
Hello cabal! Long time no speak, I’ve got a new 🐶 which has been very time consuming but she’s an absolute sweetheart and I’m still lurking.

Hattie, I have never seen anything negative re IBD on here and if I did I know it would be shut down very quickly. Crohn’s doesn’t stop me or many of my friends leaving the house, and if it does then you need to reassess any treatment you are on. If you still have a stoma, that’s technically a cure. Lots of workplaces are very accommodating to disability so I’m afraid to me that just sounds like an excuse.

All the best!
Yep, my brother has had years of Crohn's related problems, many, many weeks as an inpatient in hospital, but since he has had a stoma he is a new man. He left his job as a hospital based occupational therapist and is now working as a postman, something he has always fancied doing. (I checked he is OK with me posting this here)

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Hi all,

Hattie Gladwell here. I didn't think I'd ever find myself responding on Tattle. Not because I don't think that what people have to say on here isn't valid, but because I have seen myself dragged into these threads about Jack many times, and after the comments about debt I wanted to finally respond.

I've seen various comments on here that I just wanted to clear up.

Yes I am a writer, yes I am in debt. Yes I have bipolar disorder, and yes I spent my savings during a manic episode, but am now, and have been for a long time, stable, with the help of a psychiatrist and medication.

I don't have IBS — I have ulcerative colitis, a form of inflammatory bowel disease. In 2015, when I was 19, my bowel perforated and I was given a stoma bag. I was 20 minutes from death, and so it's very hurtful to read comments mocking my bowel issues in past threads.

Yes I got my 'dream job' at 19. That is correct. It was after I spent 10 months writing about inflammatory bowel disease. I was very lucky.

Unfortunately, I was in a very bad relationship for a long time, and a lot of my debt came from there. I don't want to go into that any further.

I asked for help on Twitter — but I didn't ask for financial help. I asked if anyone had any work going because I was desperate (yes, desperate, not just a bit short). I have been working non-stop and thankfully have managed to pay some of it off.

I also have a one-year-old, and was diagnosed with postnatal depression, and so during this time more debt had mounted up due to my partner losing his job while I was on maternity pay. I have been supporting a family of three for the past six months.

I'm not a bad person — nor have I taken money from strangers. But right now I'm trying to be a good mum through a lot of struggle, and I'd appreciate not being dragged into the issues with Jack.

Thank you for hearing me out.
I am sorry to read you are struggling but mostly you have been 'dragged in to' these threads about Jack, because Jack offered to write an article for your magazine and didn't.

I would guess virtually no one on this thread has any idea who you are, so dont take it personally. And yes I would say this to your face,

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Yep, my brother has had years of Crohn's related problems, many, many weeks as an inpatient in hospital, but since he has had a stoma he is a new man. He left his job as a hospital based occupational therapist and is now working as a postman, something he has always fancied doing. (I checked he is OK with me posting this here)
That’s amazing! He’s probably told you it’s not quite as much of an easy fix for Crohn’s as it can represent but it does work. For colitis, as Hattie said she has, taking out the large bowel means you no longer can get inflammation there- fixed!
I’ve noticed a lot of people in the IBD community let the disease limit them whenever they would be able to work if they really wanted to. I have periods of illness then start new meds and boom, well again. I hate when people use it as an excuse. The right treatment will allow you to lead a fairly normal life.

Hattie- saying you prefer to WFH is fine. Saying you can’t work anywhere but home is misrepresenting the illness, and possibly limiting your financial opportunities.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
That’s amazing! He’s probably told you it’s not quite as much of an easy fix for Crohn’s as it can represent but it does work. For colitis, as Hattie said she has, taking out the large bowel means you no longer can get inflammation there- fixed!
I’ve noticed a lot of people in the IBD community let the disease limit them whenever they would be able to work if they really wanted to. I have periods of illness then start new meds and boom, well again. I hate when people use it as an excuse. The right treatment will allow you to lead a fairly normal life.
When I had insta I used to follow a girl with a stoma. She was very open about her struggles and what came with it.

She said for the most part, it gave her a new lease of life apart from when her bag leaked at bedtime.

Reactions: 30
When I had insta I used to follow a girl with a stoma. She was very open about her struggles and what came with it.

She said for the most part, it gave her a new lease of life apart from when her bag leaked at bedtime.
Guarantee her bed was still cleaner than Jack's.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
So just to clarify......

* she came here months ago when her mag was mentioned in relation to Jack
* has stuck around, read everything, is aware of Jack’s body of work yet still entertains her?
* has stuck around, enjoyed our #content (what, no tip for us hun 🥺?) yet feels okay with mugging us off by claiming some one had made a joke around her illness?
* the tweet was still a beggy grift what’s the relevance of £400/000s otherwise, see points 1&2.

Nothing shared to the contrary.

• Heart
Reactions: 82
I have always bought toilet rolls in bulk. Long before the pandemic. I rarely have less than 50 rolls in.
I have never had that many, but I did end up with 20 odd rolls at the start of the pandemic, because I accidentally ordered some more without checking whether I actually needed to. One of my few instances of good timing :ROFLMAO:

Also, many years ago my nan won a years supply of toilet paper in a newspaper competition. I can't actually remember how many rolls that amounted to.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I have never had that many, but I did end up with 20 odd rolls at the start of the pandemic, because I accidentally ordered some more without checking whether I actually needed to. One of my few instances of good timing :ROFLMAO:

Also, many years ago my nan won a years supply of toilet paper in a newspaper competition. I can't actually remember how many rolls that amounted to.
Us talking about how many toilet rolls we have now is reminding me of when Jack came on and we talked about our favourite ice lollies 😂

she’s called Maisie 🥰

still don’t know how to spoiler an image, damnit.
She is absolutely aborable!

• Haha
  • Heart
There was mocking from people talking about an article I had written in regards to a toilet paper shortage last year
This has been proven to be disingenuous, insomuch that there was mocking but not about the bowel issue - why bend the truth in that way, what’s the point?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.