Jack Monroe #188 Jack sits on a train of lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So just to clarify......

* she came here months ago when her mag was mentioned in relation to Jack
* has stuck around, read everything, is aware of Jack’s body of work yet still entertains her?
* has stuck around, enjoyed our #content (what, no tip for us hun 🥺?) yet feels okay with mugging us off by claiming some one had made a joke around her illness?
* the tweet was still a beggy grift what’s the relevance of £400/000s otherwise, see points 1&2.

Nothing shared to the contrary.
Can always count on you 🙌

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Hi all,

Hattie Gladwell here. I didn't think I'd ever find myself responding on Tattle. Not because I don't think that what people have to say on here isn't valid, but because I have seen myself dragged into these threads about Jack many times, and after the comments about debt I wanted to finally respond.

I've seen various comments on here that I just wanted to clear up.

Yes I am a writer, yes I am in debt. Yes I have bipolar disorder, and yes I spent my savings during a manic episode, but am now, and have been for a long time, stable, with the help of a psychiatrist and medication.

I don't have IBS — I have ulcerative colitis, a form of inflammatory bowel disease. In 2015, when I was 19, my bowel perforated and I was given a stoma bag. I was 20 minutes from death, and so it's very hurtful to read comments mocking my bowel issues in past threads.

Yes I got my 'dream job' at 19. That is correct. It was after I spent 10 months writing about inflammatory bowel disease. I was very lucky.

Unfortunately, I was in a very bad relationship for a long time, and a lot of my debt came from there. I don't want to go into that any further.

I asked for help on Twitter — but I didn't ask for financial help. I asked if anyone had any work going because I was desperate (yes, desperate, not just a bit short). I have been working non-stop and thankfully have managed to pay some of it off.

I also have a one-year-old, and was diagnosed with postnatal depression, and so during this time more debt had mounted up due to my partner losing his job while I was on maternity pay. I have been supporting a family of three for the past six months.

I'm not a bad person — nor have I taken money from strangers. But right now I'm trying to be a good mum through a lot of struggle, and I'd appreciate not being dragged into the issues with Jack.

Thank you for hearing me out.
hiya! has Jack submitted an article for your site then? cos she said she would, ages ago, and I kinda need to tick it off my list

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
Do you think we'll make a cameo in the next issue of Breakdown magazine? The top post on their Twitter is an advertorial for a bleeping MLM of all things, which is the last thing that should be in a publication aimed at people who are struggling with their MH. A post about evil bullying trolls making cruel jokes about grifting and toilet paper would be much better content!

BTW, some constructive criticism for you, Hattie: I don't give a toss about your health problems, just like you don't give a toss about mine. Regardless: if you are trying to make a living as a writer, PROOFREAD YOUR WORK. Your most recent post does not even capitalise the first person pronoun I half the time. I do some copywriting, which has been a godsend this last year after my industry collapsed, and if I turned that in I would swiftly lose work.

Unrelated: @EllaEm87, she is adorable!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Do you think we'll make a cameo in the next issue of Breakdown magazine? The top post on their Twitter is an advertorial for a bleeping MLM of all things, which is the last thing that should be in a publication aimed at people who are struggling with their MH. A post about evil bullying trolls making cruel jokes about grifting and toilet paper would be much better content!

BTW, some constructive criticism for you, Hattie: I don't give a toss about your health problems, just like you don't give a toss about mine. Regardless: if you are trying to make a living as a writer, PROOFREAD YOUR WORK. Your most recent post does not even capitalise the first person pronoun I half the time. I do some copywriting, which has been a godsend this last year after my industry collapsed, and if I turned that in I would swiftly lose work.

Unrelated: @EllaEm87, she is adorable!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I have never had that many, but I did end up with 20 odd rolls at the start of the pandemic, because I accidentally ordered some more without checking whether I actually needed to. One of my few instances of good timing :ROFLMAO:

Also, many years ago my nan won a years supply of toilet paper in a newspaper competition. I can't actually remember how many rolls that amounted to.
Oh I did this too! I have a subscription with Oh Crap! and they send a box of 40 rolls as and when. I accidentally set my intended 4 months to 4 weeks and was quite surprised when a new box of 40 showed up when we were only about 6 rolls into the last box. I went around my family and friends offering loo rolls like some weird reverse trick or treater to relieve myself of the guilt of looking like a hoarder! I STILL have a whole unopened box in my garage :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I have never had that many, but I did end up with 20 odd rolls at the start of the pandemic, because I accidentally ordered some more without checking whether I actually needed to. One of my few instances of good timing :ROFLMAO:

Also, many years ago my nan won a years supply of toilet paper in a newspaper competition. I can't actually remember how many rolls that amounted to.
It’s really simple- it’s cheaper and easier to get a bulk delivery. Having room under the bed to store them might be an issue for some.
I just can’t with the running out, carrying it from the shops, all of that.

What a little bundle of joy! Welcome to the cabal Maisie....
Frauline Maisie!

• Heart
I know everyone loves a good elevenerife so I will confess that I messed up in my first proper grown up job by putting an extra two 0s on the usual order of cases of toilet rolls at the supermarket I was a trainee manager at. There were pallets of bog rolls at the front of every checkout for at least 6 weeks until we cleared the, er, backlog.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
I'm a grown up modern lady ...but sometimes I feel weirdly shy buying bogroll. The thought of trotting home with a twin pack under my arm....😬😂...("Planning a dump?")

A bulk delivery sounds ideal . As long as it came in plain packaging.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
I'm a grown up modern lady ...but sometimes I feel weirdly shy buying bogroll. The thought of trotting home with a twin pack under my arm....😬😂...("Planning a dump?")

A bulk delivery sounds ideal . As long as it came in plain packaging.
It comes in toilet roll wrapping, addressed to the Tillaire Family....

• Haha
Reactions: 29
So just to clarify......

* she came here months ago when her mag was mentioned in relation to Jack
* has stuck around, read everything, is aware of Jack’s body of work yet still entertains her?
* has stuck around, enjoyed our #content (what, no tip for us hun 🥺?) yet feels okay with mugging us off by claiming some one had made a joke around her illness?
* the tweet was still a beggy grift what’s the relevance of £400/000s otherwise, see points 1&2.

Nothing shared to the contrary.
it’s all just one big game really *sigh*. S’pose we should be flattered really 🤷🏻‍♀️

Tonight's drama really puts the season finale of LoD into context doesn't it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Oh I did this too! I have a subscription with Oh Crap! and they send a box of 40 rolls as and when. I accidentally set my intended 4 months to 4 weeks and was quite surprised when a new box of 40 showed up when we were only about 6 rolls into the last box. I went around my family and friends offering loo rolls like some weird reverse trick or treater to relieve myself of the guilt of looking like a hoarder! I STILL have a whole unopened box in my garage :ROFLMAO:
Pardon the pun but you are shitting me, there is not a company called Oh Crap!!!!!!

And if there is, do they despatch orders in plain packaging? Asking for a friend (@DinosaurSenior)...

• Haha
Pardon the pun but you are shitting me, there is not a company called Oh Crap!!!!!!

And if there is, do they despatch orders in plain packaging? Asking for a friend (@DinosaurSenior)...

Oh wait, I'm confusing it with my daughter's potty training book! the book is called Oh Crap! But the toilet paper company is Who Gives A Crap. They're great. A little pricier than from the supermarket, but it's recycled and comes in colourful paper that we use for crafts. And it's nice to not have to think about having to buy it- it just turns up and you never run out!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.