Jack Monroe #187 Who does she think she is, flippin' Cher?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been going through some ancient cookbooks and found this horrible sounding egg surprise from a 1994 Good Housekeeping cookbook about 'raising vegetarian children'. So she didn't even invent Slop for All the Family! There were some other gems in there, including a recipe for Spanakopita (delicious, but maybe difficult to convince an under-10 to eat a spinach pie) and a brief introduction to one of the recipes saying 'most children find this acceptable' 🤣
View attachment 560286
"You could also add a few slices of banana to the sauce."

I could, but...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
What's RJack up to today? I may be out of line saying this, but..does she miss her boy? I miss my best friend's kids if I don't see them for a week or two.

• Sad
Reactions: 36
What's RJack up to today? I may be out of line saying this, but..does she miss her boy? I miss my best friend's kids if I don't see them for a week or two.
Not a word on social media AFAIK. I miss my mogs when I'm gone for more than a day.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Yel

I said I don’t like the hats, not I don’t like mayo - I’m not crazy :ROFLMAO: although even I may pass on accepting free mayonnaise from a Gym Bro who doesn’t understand how masks work.
😆 If you're expecting promotions people to make delicious mayonise based food, wear the branding AND wear a mask correctly then you may need to lower your expectations 😬

I miss the mayo lives 😭 the Apple AirPods ® are wearing Jack

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
This popped up on my fb sponsored feed! Vlad is trolling us about what happened to the curtains in the crappy bungalow. Maybe they have been re-purposed by Jack into a baby mat 😳
I feel like this is NOT what William Morris would have wanted*

Also: look at meeee, Disco Two Hats.

*insert a confused essay about capitalism,small scale design, form and function

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
HATS!!! 💃

Also want to share with you all a weird experience I had over the last few days... I happened to see a real life, Tattle-infamous influencer while out. She is someone I really dislike, and do you know what? I didn’t do a thing. Not even a narrowed eyes scowl aimed in her direction. I am so sorry to misconceptions everywhere for not being a danger to anyone’s personal security, safety or wellbeing. Maybe Vlad has sent everyone else their Tattle kidnap kit but my first thought after ‘there’s that grifting drama queen’ was ‘hmm, I like her coat’. Could it be that we’re... normal?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Exactly this. My sister is a fantastic hobby sewer and knitter. She makes most of her own clothes and some for her husband, children and grandchildren. I would never ask her to make me something as I know how much time and effort it takes.

It makes it all the more special when she does make something for me. She makes it because she wants to, not because I have put her under any obligation.
You sound like a deserving handmade thing recipient. I have come across those who do not appreciate the effort so they are no longer made anything.

edit cos of pesky half finished post

• Heart
Reactions: 34
A new book shop opened nearby today and the locals have been very excited about it (🔺). I popped in for a gander - they have a great big cook book section, all the classic Nigellas, Hughs, THAT MANs in there, then some of the newer veggie/vegan books, but no sign of our smol pixie. So strange eh 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
I crochet and knit competently and sew amateurishly. After making one of the kids a much complimented baby blanket, I costed out how much I'd have to sell them for to pay myself the London Living Wage 🔺 about £400 just for my crocheting time, and about £900 following a formula to make sure you pay yourself for all the marketing and posting and other stuff.

So good luck with that, Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Whoooo hats. Hats every day would be amazing.

This is sort of OT I've been watching Still Game again and in the episode after Tam 'dies' where Navid nearly runs him over in the van. Just before that, Navid is listening to the radio in the van and the radio host is going on about Sherbert dabs, opal fruits and other sweets from yesteryear. Is Jack a secret fan?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Loving the hats. I appear to be two little embroidered turds sharing a hat. She's she still being a twit, answers via PayPal.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.