Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I reckon she added the roots and secret message ( too much Dan Brown ? ) ,Of course she did the roots they are 🤬🤬🤬Braaahn ...

Well if it makes them happy that's fine ,I'm on my last week at work so I'm like Jack ,I have zero fucks to give atm and ' working from home 'i.e firefighting any problems via the phone whilst working my way through Shadow and Bone on Netflix .

The packaging chat sounds good to me ,we've been told a day to pack up all our crap and there's a lot of it 😱but as long as all I have to do is hand round drinks and choccy biscuits I'm good ...

Hope everyone had a good BH weekend and tbh thank God I didn't have to grunk a gazillion pages .
shadow and bone any good?

Reactions: 10
It is hand embroidery and would take a good chunk of time. I do buy Jack’s ADHD claims (awaiting my own assessment) and can imagine losing a few days to embroidery hyperfocus.

I think creative projects like this are incredibly healing and a good use of time for people suffering with all sorts of illnesses mysterious or otherwise. Don’t know about arthritis mind you.

It does seem less wholesome shamelessly posting it on social media for validation though. Especially while on a self imposed hiatus.

Not gonna comment on the soil.
I find that it helps me focus especially if I'm listening to something and takes the place of fidgeting. I have arthritis in my hands and I feel that it keeps my joints supple and moving.

Mind you, I do suspect that it stopped my idiot (you can't have ADHD because you're not hyperactive) psychiatrist from recognising my fidgeting because knitting, crochet or embroidery kept me in my seat in the waiting area while keeping my hands moving. There were times when I was too engrossed in it to hear her calling me though...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
View attachment 558960

duck off with your bullies. Close your Patreon and your PayPal begging jar, stop lying about being in poverty, and I (and I suspect many others) will literally forget you exist, you con merchant.

No grifting = blissful peace.

p.s. you are indeed a twit.
Yup - would miss you all but I’m sure we could hang out at the next grifter thread. If she did those things I would no longer be bothered.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
On topic. Gosh the embroidery reminds of being at primary school and spending hours (pre national curriculum) making embroidered bookmarks and purses.
@Vanelope. Recommend umbrella academy

Reactions: 21
I don't get the hidden messages. Has she been watching the Britney docs. Wasn't there hidden messages supposedly in her vids. Who's bullying her now she's not said as anything on sm for anyone to say anything and if she's reading here she's only staring at the truth in the face.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Fashion frau in a hideous menstruation-induced rage. I hate the shirt and let's not get started on the subliminal embroidery. I hate the stupid breadcrumbing about her 'illnesses' which are irritating at best and frankly very bleeping offensive at worst. Take her fawning squiggles away from her so she can get to absolute duck please!
Thread title nomination

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Typical Jack, to do something ONCE and it's a whole career change possibility 😂😂😂 thought she had arthritic hands duck sake. It's kombucha all over again.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
I know what her new ailment will be, it has just been identified, so she could be front of the queue
bungalow legs!
honestly it is a genuine condition

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I have forensically examined the embroidery on my large screen and have come to the following conclusions:

• The same hand stitched the whole thing. The flowers look better than the soil and roots at first glance, but NOT once you zoom in on the poorly executed leaf stitch on the right.
  • The hand that stitched the pocket is at beginner level. Looks fine from a distance, quite messy close up.
  • The brain that dreamed up the design spent ten minutes on Pinterest looking at pocket embroidery.
  • The hand and the brain in question most likely belong to Jack Monroe. Not because she says so, but because it's a fairly basic design, done shoddily, infused with teenage depth and displayed for praise and adoration.
Investigation over, case closed.
You're a credit to the badge Harry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I’m sure there have been plenty of articles about how you don’t need to monetise your hobby and turn it into a side hustle. It’s better to enjoy it, and then you don’t have to be professionally good at it. Hand making stuff is hard, the amounts people pay for labour are tiny so people who do it have to be really good. Hand made jumpers cost hundreds, and they should for quality yarn alone, but people want them for 25 quid on Etsy. duck off with that, I make things for family and friends only.

I have forensically examined the embroidery on my large screen and have come to the following conclusions:

• The same hand stitched the whole thing. The flowers look better than the soil and roots at first glance, but NOT once you zoom in on the poorly executed leaf stitch on the right.
  • The hand that stitched the pocket is at beginner level. Looks fine from a distance, quite messy close up.
  • The brain that dreamed up the design spent ten minutes on Pinterest looking at pocket embroidery.
  • The hand and the brain in question most likely belong to Jack Monroe. Not because she says so, but because it's a fairly basic design, done shoddily, infused with teenage depth and displayed for praise and adoration.
Investigation over, case closed.

Edit for clarity

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I'm honestly hooting at how we went from a bit of embroidery on a shirt to new career Jack. Seriously, she's got ambition, you've got to give her that!

And what's the point for asking for a design to only say you'll do what the duck you like? Plus having to provide their own shirt? You're bleeping outrageous, Jack!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
I'm honestly hooting at how we went from a bit of embroidery on a shirt to new career Jack. Seriously, she's got ambition, you've got to give her that!

And what's the point for asking for a design to only say you'll do what the duck you like? Plus having to provide their own shirt? You're bleeping outrageous, Jack!
You appear surprised

• Haha
Reactions: 34
How lovely to wake up to Embroidery Jack! She just can't stay away!

My partner is a mover/packer, and enjoys giving timescale estimates for packing up houses we see on TV.

Most places are "easy, quick" ...but ones with lots of little items are a "Nightmare to pack".
My movers were shocked that I had 25 boxes of books alone.

And that was after the clear out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.