Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 558960

duck off with your bullies. Close your Patreon and your PayPal begging jar, stop lying about being in poverty, and I (and I suspect many others) will literally forget you exist, you con merchant.

No grifting = blissful peace.

p.s. you are indeed a twit.
Jack is the bully here. That not so subtle tweet about cocking her lawyer finger is her way to tighten the screw and scare anyone off.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Frauen, what with all this talk of secret messages sewn in to flowers, I believe Jackie has actually triangulated me 🔺Today, via second class postage, I received a hand written letter from, what appeared to be, the Jehovah’s Witnesses, (can’t knock on for me ,cos covid innit). I won’t lie, I was a tad disappointed that the hand written letter was not from a secret admirer, but on further inspection I saw the “Thankyou” and realised that hidden among the “life questions” and Bible verses, that this was, in fact, a secret message to me from Jack telling me to cease and desist. Praise the Lard 😇
2A5366DE-F307-47A3-A22F-2530CB473A30.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
I'm honestly hooting at how we went from a bit of embroidery on a shirt to new career Jack. Seriously, she's got ambition, you've got to give her that!

And what's the point for asking for a design to only say you'll do what the duck you like? Plus having to provide their own shirt? You're bleeping outrageous, Jack!
It is hilarious how she jumps from one thing to another. Maybe we can get her to make our court outfits?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Frauen, what with all this talk of secret messages sewn in to flowers, I believe Jackie has actually triangulated me 🔺Today, via second class postage, I received a hand written letter from, what appeared to be, the Jehovah’s Witnesses, (can’t knock on for me ,cos covid innit). I won’t lie, I was a tad disappointed that the hand written letter was not from a secret admirer, but on further inspection I saw the “Thankyou” and realised that hidden among the “life questions” and Bible verses, that this was, in fact, a secret message to me from Jack telling me to cease and desist. Praise the Lard 😇
View attachment 559073

omg, my neighbour got one of these!!

i must've been triangulated too, but it went in the wrong post box!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
View attachment 559073
I got something similar to this just before Easter! Have I been 🔺🔺???

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
If there’s one thing I’ve found during the pandemic, it’s that evangelical Christians don’t seem to use “computers” or “photocopiers” to spread the word

• Haha
Reactions: 33
View attachment 559073
Oooh I got one of those last week! With some little cut out bible thingies. Much preferable than them knocking on my door in the middle of Tipping point!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
By all means make a career out of embroidery Jack. But if you think the crafting community has fewer bullies then hahaahhahahhaaaaa. It’s a shitshow.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Like twit, the writer uses words that he really doesn't understand. He'd be better off talking about strict triage rather than military. Military triage means that you patch up the walking wounded first and get them back to battle; the ones that are likely to die anyway are left until the end. It's the opposite way round to normal triage. We were talking about Rick Jolly earlier in the thread: at Ajax Bay, a young army officer called Robert Lawrence was brought in with half his brain blown away. He was left outside to quietly die. When every other casualty had been dealt with, they were surprised to find him still alive so went ahead with operating on him. He survived. From Wiki: Lawrence lost 43% of his brain and was paralysed down one side of his body. He was awarded the Military Cross on 11 October 1982. He was discharged from the army on 14 November 1983. He spent a year in a wheelchair and doctors predicted he would never walk again. He eventually regained most movement although with a slight limp, a paralysed left arm, involuntary muscle contractions and posttraumatic stress disorder.

That's school sick bay triage in an epidemic around a termly assessment period. Papercuts and minor wounds out first with the assistance of an orderly/enthusiastic Year 7 armed with plasters and ice packs, get somebody else to take the ones with MH difficulties to the Pastoral Office, leave the pukers and feel sicks with a bag to barf in whilst you deal with actively bleeding/asthma attacks/etc. Then go back to the pukers after everyone else is gone and start taking names for phone calls home/the Mum Medivac.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
shadow and bone any good?
shadow and bone any good?
If you like stuff like Fate :the Winx saga you'll probably like this I'm just starting episode 5 and there's lots of young ,good looking folk and Zoe Wanamaker lol,I know there are books and I'm sure it's YA but it's quite a slow burn and one of those shows you sit there thinking where they've nicked bits from ...so far so good .

• Heart
Reactions: 7
By all means make a career out of embroidery Jack. But if you think the crafting community has fewer bullies then hahaahhahahhaaaaa. It’s a shitshow.
Craft totally has its own league of mean girls. Subdivisions for embroidery, cross stitch, tapestry, sewing with stretch or wovens, crochet or knitting, weaving, you name it.
Jack, stop trying to make stitch happen.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Rats...meant to do the TV stuff via spoiler ...need to brush up on the tech ...sorry mods 🤦😭

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Steroids have an almost instant effect. Absolutely instant (well about 30 seconds later after the duck ME THAT HURTS) if they are intraarticular, as they come with a handy anaesthetic. Although putting a load of fluid into an already swollen joint means they don't work too well despite the loss of pain - so no sewing possible.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Craft totally has its own league of mean girls. Subdivisions for embroidery, cross stitch, tapestry, sewing with stretch or wovens, crochet or knitting, weaving, you name it.
Jack, stop trying to make stitch happen.
She’s already pissed off the crochet gang by going two sticks not one. (I can’t crochet to save my life and I wish I could)

• Haha
Reactions: 25
View attachment 559073
We got a very similar letter last week too!!

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Does she ever consider how infantile she sounds, talking about bullies at her big age?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.