Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I told you all this was like an alternate reality game. Now I don't have to invent conspiracies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Not sure if anyone has spotted this yet, but there is writing in the embroidery she's done. I've tried to highlight.
View attachment 558820View attachment 558819

I looked the phrase up and apparently it's an AA/NA thing.

P.S. from a distance the work looks fine, I feel a bit horrible saying but looking closely it won't stand up to a wash and is quite untidy.
It’s all just a stupid performance to her. All slogans and no substance. No wonder she keeps relapsing. Absolute refusal to do any work on herself and her horrible personality, while showing off and breadcrumbing something more serious and sadfishing at every opportunity. She’ll never be well because she’s enabled at every turn and has no capacity for self-reflection.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

Can any Fraus guess the section in this Family Guy clip that reminded me of Jack? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Not sure if anyone has spotted this yet, but there is writing in the embroidery she's done. I've tried to highlight.

P.S. from a distance the work looks fine, I feel a bit horrible saying but looking closely it won't stand up to a wash and is quite untidy.
oh she’ll be raging you’ve noticed that before the Squigs!

• Haha
Reactions: 41

“Just for today, I will not be a total wankstain”

IF ONLY!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 47
'Fewer f*cks given than a nunnery'?
Does she really believe this of herself? She is painfully and embarrassingly desparate for validation constantly. She toadies up to blue ticks all the time wanting them to notice her and say 'well done you brave little thing'.
Nothing wrong with that - most of us want to be liked - but Jack thinking she is some kind of hard as nails maverick lone wolf?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
It’s all just a stupid performance to her. All slogans and no substance. No wonder she keeps relapsing. Absolute refusal to do any work on herself and her horrible personality, while showing off and breadcrumbing something more serious and sadfishing at every opportunity. She’ll never be well because she’s enabled at every turn and has no capacity for self-reflection.
That's Jack - all slogans and no substance! She's very manipulative with it too, and like you say, she'll never change because she won't (SHAN'T) put the work in that it would involve.

Reactions: 40
This gives me the absolute boaks. The last thing I want to think about when I'm planning dinner is someone else's sweaty coital juices. I fail to see how this would elicit a positive response in anyone??!!!! It could be written by a younger Monty Don/ Richard E Grant, the curly haired guy from CBeebies, Eddie from Below Deck or any one of my other bizarre crushes and it would STILL give me the dry heaves.
I made that recipe and it was bland (was not thinking of her juices btw, it was when I did my first vegan challenge)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I had a quick scroll through the twitter comments and couldn't find anyone noticing it there. I haven't checked insta though, I'm not very good at working it!
I would never cross over but if any squig asks her if that's meant to be a secret cock she's sewed in, it is definitely 100% categorically not me.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
A photo of the embroidered pocket on jackys shirt has just appeared on my Instagram (I follow different embroiders). It also has hashtags for ODATA, and other recovery hashtags 😡
It has 9,500 likes!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
I had a quick scroll through the twitter comments and couldn't find anyone noticing it there. I haven't checked insta though, I'm not very good at working it!
Jack’s replied to comments on there (IG) in the last 30 minutes.

Replies include mentions to bullies and doing commissions.

SM break is going brilliantly.

A photo of the embroidered pocket on jackys shirt has just appeared on my Instagram (I follow different embroiders). It also has hashtags for ODATA, and other recovery hashtags 😡
It has 9,500 likes!
I know we aren’t allowed links but there is a lovely woman who embroiders T-shirts with a name linked to a brown hot drink.

I covet her products.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
for me it's not the embroidery that bothers me, it's the being a professional food writer and constantly asking for applause for unrelated things. She could have shared it with her friends or family, but no. It has to be used to harvest likes from strangers for that sweet sweet dopapamine....

Reactions: 52
Hmmmm yeah I don’t think the soil/subliminal message was done by the same hand as the even and balanced flowers.

Just an opinion from this occasional embroiderer.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Oh I'm not arguing someone else could do it in a weekend! I probably could as like your daughter, got some experience. I just don't buy Jack doing it, regardless of her gammy hands!!!
Any frauen familiar with the area Jack’s apartment is located will know there are a lot of vintage shops, boutique designer/artisan shops, and rag trade shops within a 5 minute walk.

Reactions: 21
Hmmmm yeah I don’t think the soil/subliminal message was done by the same hand as the even and balanced flowers.

Just an opinion from this occasional embroiderer.
That's exactly what I thought too! The saggy soil stitches and roots don't look the same as that above the pocket. They'd be sure to be caught and pulled in a wash.

Reactions: 24
She's thinking about taking commissions?!

Please add that to the v.v.long list of things she will never complete.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
I too am finding a suspicious contrast between the neatly executed flowers and the clumsy, untidy soil and roots. #embroiderytruther!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.