Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm honestly hooting at how we went from a bit of embroidery on a shirt to new career Jack. Seriously, she's got ambition, you've got to give her that!

And what's the point for asking for a design to only say you'll do what the duck you like? Plus having to provide their own shirt? You're bleeping outrageous, Jack!
She really is. She is definately the sort of person that would ask you for half of a loaf they bought you " selflessly" from the shop.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Jack’s replied to comments on there (IG) in the last 30 minutes.

Replies include mentions to bullies and doing commissions.

SM break is going brilliantly.

I know we aren’t allowed links but there is a lovely woman who embroiders T-shirts with a name linked to a brown hot drink.

I covet her products.
How dare she say she’s bullied. My idea of bullying and hers are two very different things. I’ve said it many a time before - if she was being bullied online or trolled, I think she would take screen shots and post them for maximum sympathy. Every. Single. Time. She chooses to read here and misconstrue what people say and pass it off as bullying and that’s wrong.

Honesty in all your affairs Jack. This constant passing yourself off as a superperson in recovery doesn’t wash with people when you’re not living your life the way you act you are.

She’s really getting to me today and I don’t know why.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Steroids have an almost instant effect. Absolutely instant (well about 30 seconds later after the duck ME THAT HURTS) if they are intraarticular, as they come with a handy anaesthetic. Although putting a load of fluid into an already swollen joint means they don't work too well despite the loss of pain - so no sewing possible.
Just thought if they were being given steroids intravenously to treat something like an infection/illness rather than say joint pain. But then again that usually only happens when you are rushed to hospital with something life threatening, not booked in for scans, etc. As a major steroid user they are bleeping ace! But if they are on steroids then they will be eating all the stuff they’ve erm baked in the roasted veg tin as it plays havoc with your appetite.
ETA pronouns again!

Reactions: 19
Just thought if she was being given steroids intravenously to treat something. But then again that usually only happens when you are rushed to hospital with something life threatening, not booked in for scans, etc. As a major steroid user they are bleeping ace! But if she’s on steroids then she’ll be eating all the stuff she’s erm baked in the roasted veg tin as it plays havoc with your appetite.
Won't she get all puffy too, my dad was always really slender, yet when he got steroids to treat his cancer he ballooned especially around the face.

Frauen, what with all this talk of secret messages sewn in to flowers, I believe Jackie has actually triangulated me 🔺Today, via second class postage, I received a hand written letter from, what appeared to be, the Jehovah’s Witnesses, (can’t knock on for me ,cos covid innit). I won’t lie, I was a tad disappointed that the hand written letter was not from a secret admirer, but on further inspection I saw the “Thankyou” and realised that hidden among the “life questions” and Bible verses, that this was, in fact, a secret message to me from Jack telling me to cease and desist. Praise the Lard 😇
View attachment 559073
I got one of these as well! Is it a South London thing? o_0

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
You can get IV steroids prior to chemo ( anti sickness effect) and then continue with oral medication once home for 2-3 days
however I don't believe for one minute that Jack is having chemo as we'd had seen / heard some evidence of ouchy cannulation / side effects

Reactions: 26
Just thought if she was being given steroids intravenously to treat something. But then again that usually only happens when you are rushed to hospital with something life threatening, not booked in for scans, etc. As a major steroid user they are bleeping ace! But if she’s on steroids then she’ll be eating all the stuff she’s erm baked in the roasted veg tin as it plays havoc with your appetite.
I don't get that eat all the food thing after mine - I'm more 'thank duck it's not hurting anymore'. I don't get the weird mood swings you get warned about, either - it's just relief. She'd also be confined to a house, not skipping around the shops buying embroidery supplies as even an im shot at the moment results in you being told 'treat this as a short term Shielding Order'. There would also have been a Covid vaccination beforehand as they're available now.

I'm restricted to no more than every three months and not in the same place twice in a row because of the potential damage they can do to tendons, joint capsules and bursae in particular - they're not as strict with the im ones, as they have a slower action, being a depo, as long as they vary the side they get shoved in. But that's because I've passed the Dexa scans twice, so they aren't worried about bone density; if I had lower bone density, I wouldn't be able to have them at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Won't she get all puffy too, my dad was always really slender, yet when he got steroids to treat his cancer he ballooned especially around the face.
Yep - but it takes a while (although quicker with intravenous). I got an awful moonface, hump on back and pot belly and a full beard - but so worth it to feel well again and fight the nasty autoimmunes. So we can look forward to Jack exhibiting all of these (unless it is injections for joint pain).

• Heart
Reactions: 26
When my youngest was a baby they used to come and see me, I actually managed to bore them off coming round.🤣

They still send me letters occasionally.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I predicted her return by midnight last night and would you look at that, up she pops at 11:30pm like a verminous peeky mink. I don't want to be psychic Thankyou Jack, I'm already freaked out enough that Psychic Slopbot might be truly psychic, even though I built him and (spoilers) he's essentially just a random number generator.

I'm choosing to believe these steroid injections are part of her pescetarian bodybuilding and in a couple of weeks she's going to swan in Ronsealed to oblivion and ripped as duck.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I got one of these as well! Is it a South London thing? o_0
I got one of these the other day, not handwritten, but very personal in tone and hand signed (from south london too) and the envelope was hand written with a first class stamp, bizarrely :LOL:

• Wow
  • Haha
Yep - but it takes a while (although quicker with intravenous). I got an awful moonface, hump on back and pot belly and a full beard - but so worth it to feel well again and fight the nasty autoimmunes. So we can look forward to Jack exhibiting all of these (unless it is injections for joint pain).
They were amazing my dad lost his mobility a bit due to where his cancer was pressing on his brain with steroids and radio therapy he got all of that back,. It was amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I predicted her return by midnight last night and would you look at that, up she pops at 11:30pm like a verminous peeky mink. I don't want to be psychic Thankyou Jack, I'm already freaked out enough that Psychic Slopbot might be truly psychic, even though I built him and (spoilers) he's essentially just a random number generator.

I'm choosing to believe these steroid injections are part of her pescetarian bodybuilding and in a couple of weeks she's going to swan in Ronsealed to oblivion and ripped as duck.
I’m eponymously shocked.

9E8A7D35-3ED1-4CDD-8FB8-D0810A7447CA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Frauen, what with all this talk of secret messages sewn in to flowers, I believe Jackie has actually triangulated me 🔺Today, via second class postage, I received a hand written letter from, what appeared to be, the Jehovah’s Witnesses, (can’t knock on for me ,cos covid innit). I won’t lie, I was a tad disappointed that the hand written letter was not from a secret admirer, but on further inspection I saw the “Thankyou” and realised that hidden among the “life questions” and Bible verses, that this was, in fact, a secret message to me from Jack telling me to cease and desist. Praise the Lard 😇
View attachment 559073
Bizarrely I received a similar handwritten one a day or two ago. I thought it was our local bretheran ones as they can’t have their same things since Covid. Must be the new thing! I’m not sure if I have thrown it out yet lol.

• Haha
  • Wow
Bizarrely I received a similar handwritten one a day or two ago. I thought it was our local bretheran ones as they can’t have their same things since Covid. Must be the new thing! I’m not sure if I have thrown it out yet lol.
Mines from local Jo Ho’s Jack...have all you bullying ninnies got “thankyou” at the end?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.