Jack Monroe #183 Someone's fewmmin'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of my daughter's favourite comfort food when she was younger and had been at swimming club was a tin of Heinz tomato soup poured over fish fingers and baked in oven, and served with bread and butter ( may sound revolting but was quick and easy to prepare !)
She now has more sophisticated tastes, but still remembers this dish with fond memories 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Do we think Jack is still in treatment, or just keeping off Twitter because she can't bring herself to praise MR and TK?

• Haha
Reactions: 44
The shady GQ thing is interesting to me, I'm still salty that they let Jack anywhere near MR for that silly award presenting and article. It only served her an opportunity to attach her name to his. I still want to know who pushed her forward to get that particular 'job'. Her agent? The agent seems dormant af so I actually find that hard to believe. Herself? Does she reach out and suggest herself for these things? Anyways, she really must be a 'one and done' kinda employee. As in, you never, ever ask her back.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
It's just so bizarre. Feeling blue? Can't be bothered cooking? Why not buy a can of tomato soup and blend it up with some tinned tomatoes?! 🤡
Its not just the daft ingredients used it's also tripling the bloody washing up. And if you feel like tit you probably don't want to wash up.
Tin of soup and bread - tin for recycling, bowl you microwaved it in (or the pan and the bowl), knife for expensive butter/pov marg, spoon for supping ya soups
This monstrosity - the two tins, the heating implement (and/or bowl), the knife, the fork you used to fish the right amount of sun dried tomatoes out of the jar because the last thing that glass harbinger of botulism needs is fingers in it, balsamic vinegar spoon and the eating spoon.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Do we think Jack is still in treatment, or just keeping off Twitter because she can't bring herself to praise MR and TK?
I believe a bit of both. I think something is probably keeping her off during the day as I doubt she’d have the willpower (plus based on last time), but the evening/nights is because she can’t bear to praise them herself and no doubt can’t bear to see them being praised.

Reactions: 33
Or all her tiles have pinged off and she can't find either phone.
I'm hoping someone has had a word, or getting help with social media addiction is part of whatever treatment it is, but it seems very unlikely.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Welcome to newbies and delurkers.

I long for the day 28k Viggle and Trifle Defender unmask themselves to the rapturous applause of the Church of the Lost Scarf Apostles of our Louisa J Christ.
Don't forget, there's a special meeting for Rich Women in Media in the Church Hall on Tuesday nights and every other Thursday morning. It would have been in the Mary Chapel, but that got renamed The Monroe Monument back in February, complete with the new altar installation (consisting of a Cotswolds sideboard and golden pineapple).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Interestingly, the article points out that MR and TK have good chemistry. Maybe the whole meatballs thing was a screen test to see if Jack and Marcus were gonna work as the next cheeky duo 😬

• Wow
  • Heart
The shady GQ thing is interesting to me, I'm still salty that they let Jack anywhere near MR for that silly award presenting and article. Anyways, she really must be a 'one and done' kinda employee. As in, you never, ever ask her back.
It is interesting isn't it?
For all Jack's faults I don't ever get the impression she would be actually unpleasant to work with on these TV/media things, in that I don't think she'd be rude. She is too eager to please.
So the rot sets in somewhere. Apart from the obvious that she can't cook, maybe her lack of professionalism all round is the problem - scampering, gazing at lights, being needy. Her behaviour on twitter around whatever she does must be a big thing, bringing along her odd followers too.

And I'm not surprised at her being off twitter. She has pointed out several times she is far too BUSY to retweet MR and TK. So to tweet some other nonsense now points out she was not busy at all, just really really did not want to do it.

Interestingly, the article points out that MR and TK have good chemistry. Maybe the whole meatballs thing was a screen test to see if Jack and Marcus were gonna work as the next cheeky duo 😬
I've put in pre order for Marcus rashford's kids' book on the back of these threads. It looks perfect for my little fam 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 37
So the rot sets in somewhere.
I assume it being a case working with someone who is already an expert at everything - so terrible at taking guidance or criticism. For all of her faux modesty, she’s the must arrogant and head-up-her-own-arse cock-sure character imaginable.

Reactions: 29
For all Jack's faults I don't ever get the impression she would be actually unpleasant to work with on these TV/media things, in that I don't think she'd be rude. She is too eager to please.
So the rot sets in somewhere. Apart from the obvious that she can't cook, maybe her lack of professionalism all round is the problem - scampering, gazing at lights, being needy. Her behaviour on twitter around whatever she does must be a big thing, bringing along her odd followers too.

And I'm not surprised at her being off twitter. She has pointed out several times she is far too BUSY to retweet MR and TK. So to tweet some other nonsense now points out she was not busy at all, just really really did not want to do it.
There’s no way to write this without sounding like a complete and utter witch, but don’t think it’s anything she does, I think she’s just bad at it.

She has no presence, she gets anxious, she sounds like she’s going to burst into tears and she fairly obviously doesn’t actually enjoy it. I don’t think the difficult to work with was about her personality, the billy big bollocks act is just for Twitter, I think it’s that she’s a liability live and recording you probably have do 20+ takes to get to acceptable never mind decent.

And I genuinely don’t think she can help any of it. It’s not some sort of maverick pixie ASD act, it’s just not her thing and that’s not her fault.

But the fact she continues pursuing it, searching it out, accepting a lot of money for it, that bit is entirely her fault.

• Heart
Reactions: 85

I'm not sure about her not being unpleasant to work with, her behaviour on twitter with things like the whole THAT MAN issue don't exactly make her seem reasonable/nice imo. And this is beside the fact that she is totally incompetant, remember on DKL it was left to every other person to basically carry the show because of her lack of ability

• Heart
Reactions: 35
If you're naturally easily distracted, television presenting isn't for you. Compound this with speeding your head off on ADHD meds and you have a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: 33

Just my opinion but this tweet by Stephen Mangan sums up what I think it must be like to work with Jack

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
There seems to be growing contempt with each episode of DKL between Matt & Jack. I'd love Lord Forearms to spill the (washed) beans on what was happening back stage with her!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.