Jack Monroe #183 Someone's fewmmin'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like how she's asking for people to send her sensitive personal info after showing very publicly that she does not give a tit about the protection of said info or the well-being of the people who submit it.

Good luck!
shes just trying to get engagement after no likes on that other post. why would her friend not just go to a meeting and meet some people in person there are millions of aa meetings at all hours and days

• Heart
Reactions: 38
This is the pic of it on her site, and I think we can all agree that her talent for food photography is unsurpassed #nomnom #appetising

View attachment 542858
Dry. So dry.

Like so many of Jack's recipes, this is such a waste of ingredients and time. You have to wait an hour for the ice cream to defrost, in which time, you could have baked most cakes from scratch and already be eating them. The only situation where this might be useful is if you're desperate for cake and the shops are shut, but then, you could just eat the ice cream and not be left with a dry mouth.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Maybe all this mysterious treatment is to reconstruct their bumhole.
I am quoting this post purely because every single time I get a notification of a reaction I my post I can read it again and snort loudly as I laugh out loud at the pure brilliance of it 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 52
You three are perfect examples of why I feel so at home here. Back when Russell Brand was popular, I felt so out of step. I couldn't stand him, thought he was creepy and as funny as a dose of clap. I couldn't understand his appeal and wondered why people didn't see him the way I saw him.

I didn't like the way he used his previous drug use as a personality trait. In the early days he used it as a central part of his comedy act. Monetising it, and almost glamourising it in a strange sort of way. "Look at me, I've been a drug addict and it's given me a unique take on life"

But obviously there were people like me...and I have finally found you all.
I never forgave him for that stupid thing he did that went viral telling young people not to vote. He is the perfect example of people who believe that eloquence is the same thing as intelligence.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 69
shes just trying to get engagement after no likes on that other post. why would her friend not just go to a meeting and meet some people in person there are millions of aa meetings at all hours and days
She could, but then she wouldn’t be indebted to our famous smol pixie hero.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I've never liked RBrand either. Never found him funny or appealing in any way. He makes my skin crawl.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I never forgave him for that stupid thing he did that went viral telling young people not to vote. He is the perfect example of people who believe that eloquence is the same thing as intelligence.
I never liked him either, during the bblb days my mates all loved him but similar to her I thought he was a bit of a Wally.

He annoyed me, I found his jokes painful and he just bored me. Glad I am not alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
A tub of Ben and Jerry's is $13.00 here. I can make a lot of normal cake (probably a few kinds too) for that price and know they'll taste good.
What's the old saying? Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Jack should take note.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
RB has always been nails on blackboard to me. His voice is especially annoying but the overall grubby aesthetic is crap too. I think he is a lazy sexist arse towards his wife and kids. He and Jack seem similarly annoying me me me narc types.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
it's just so weird that the book's being promoted as part of world book night. are people really going to be getting themselves all settled and cosy to curl up with the big book of boak recipes?
Is this the title of her next book? Jack Monroe's Big Book of Boak?

• Haha
Reactions: 49
someone I know who is in manchester aa groups has tried to reply to her message , that is not taking replies.
Hey @blurstoftimes apols for the super late reply, massive post work grunka and then kids etc, am awake now due to poorly tummy minishawads (seems to be wind, phew)
Anyhoo. In response to your message and our inability to DM each other..
Thanks so much for your kindness, I'm predominantly veggie, my health works better purely plant based but its hard to stick to and kids aren't keen.
I can't eat quorn as it makes me get an ouchy.
In an Ideal world I'd be cooking one meal for us all, we don't enjoy the same things and my lazy style of takeaway and ready meals means their individual tastes are really pandered to.
They're overly fussy and I fully accept that's my fault.
They like most of the food kids like, pasta things, and simple recognisable food.
I struggle with chopping or standing for long periods. Please don't go to lots of trouble. I note other posters had suggested a separate thread for this, I don't want to derail here. And thanks so much.
I love this cabal.

@People-huv-tae-know I couldn't comment on the last thread but your post on there was epic 👌
I hope this doesn't offend in any way but as a disabled Frau, wondered if you had tried using a perching stool in the kitchen? I also have a Ninja mini chopping thing which is brilliant for chopping veg (in case that is of any help)

• Heart
Reactions: 29
RB has always been nails on blackboard to me. His voice is especially annoying but the overall grubby aesthetic is crap too. I think he is a lazy sexist arse towards his wife and kids. He and Jack seem similarly annoying me me me narc types.
I used to kind of like RB in the same way I am mildly attracted to Pete Davidson (I know), but then I met someone who knew him and the damage he did, hard pass. Awful, awful situation.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
I hope this doesn't offend in any way but as a disabled Frau, wondered if you had tried using a perching stool in the kitchen? I also have a Ninja mini chopping thing which is brilliant for chopping veg (in case that is of any help)
hey thank you so much for your reply. I have had a perching stool in the past, long story but I don't have it any more, may look into another one, thank you.
Ninja mini chopper you say... Off to Google I go 🤣

I used to kind of like RB in the same way I am mildly attracted to Pete Davidson (I know), but then I met someone who knew him and the damage he did, hard pass. Awful, awful situation.
This is one of the few times I've been out of step with the cabal. I've always crushed on rb, only very recently starting to find his cchim stroking philosophism slightly annoying. Reminds me somewhat of when Jim Carrey underwent a complete personality overhaul after a particularly unsavoury episode.
Interestingly Jim Carrey also chose the philosophising guru route as his rebirth incarnation

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Also, the woman who did the food bank video was pretty good, she seemed organised at least. This was the type of thing we were suggesting Jack do and stick it on YouTube. I don't understand why she wouldn't when she claims to have presenting experience. The fact the there is so little media out there for these organisations to use to promote her book (so they literally have to make the videos themselves) whereas all the other foodie people will have little videos all over their social media.

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.