Jack Monroe #183 Someone's fewmmin'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure about her not being unpleasant to work with, her behaviour on twitter with things like the whole THAT MAN issue don't exactly make her seem reasonable/nice imo. And this is beside the fact that she is totally incompetant, remember on DKL it was left to every other person to basically carry the show because of her lack of ability
Also on DKL she was snarky at times to Matt although he was no angel mentioning Jamie Oliver when she was shaking up a salad dressing in a jam jar. Prior to DKL I’d not watched SKL looking back k at DKL now I think Matt really disliked working with her hence maybe the breakdown she had afterwards and would explain why she has never been invited back on

I suspect at the time she thought she’d be the next big TV cook but then reality hit or maybe it was solely LJC leaving

• Sad
Reactions: 58
Hannibal Lecture
hannibal lecture 2.jpg

(sorry)

I think Jack would rather eat all her charity shop crockery (without pineapple hats) in one sitting than promote someone else's project. It seems to genuinely pain her to be supportive of anyone other than herself. The only reason she shared the GQ thing was because she was in it and thought it was her big viral break although quite what aspect of that she thought had the potential to become viral remains unclear. Get the beers in lads, I'm preparing for a nice weekend chaos off the back of all this.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
There seems to be growing contempt with each episode of DKL between Matt & Jack. I'd love Lord Forearms to spill the (washed) beans on what was happening back stage with her!!!
Hard agree I never noticed at the time but having since watched Matt on SKL I too thought this

they snark at each other

Reactions: 34
Also on DKL she was snarky at times to Matt although he was no angel mentioning Jamie Oliver when she was shaking up a salad dressing in a jam jar. Prior to DKL I’d not watched SKL looking back k at DKL now I think Matt really disliked working with her hence maybe the breakdown she had afterwards and would explain why she has never been invited back on

I suspect at the time she thought she’d be the next big TV cook but then reality hit or maybe it was solely LJC leaving
yeah it was very obvious, I assume he knew that she got the job because of that twitter rant rather than being in any way deserving, that wouldn't endear someone to me. you could see how happy he was in the final episode :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 45
hey thank you so much for your reply. I have had a perching stool in the past, long story but I don't have it any more, may look into another one, thank you.
Ninja mini chopper you say... Off to Google I go 🤣

This is one of the few times I've been out of step with the cabal. I've always crushed on rb, only very recently starting to find his cchim stroking philosophism slightly annoying. Reminds me somewhat of when Jim Carrey underwent a complete personality overhaul after a particularly unsavoury episode.
Interestingly Jim Carrey also chose the philosophising guru route as his rebirth incarnation
Ken Wood have a mini food processor/chopper which is very good.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
View attachment 543111

(sorry)

I think Jack would rather eat all her charity shop crockery (without pineapple hats) in one sitting than promote someone else's project. It seems to genuinely pain her to be supportive of anyone other than herself. The only reason she shared the GQ thing was because she was in it and thought it was her big viral break although quite what aspect of that she thought had the potential to become viral remains unclear. Get the beers in lads, I'm preparing for a nice weekend chaos off the back of all this.
Totally agree, she really reminds me of a small charity I worked in, the CEO was bsaically totally unsupportive of anyone else working in the same industry, despite claiming to just want to help people and accusing everyone else of "stealing" her ideas. Now that I think about it there are lots of parallels with things like twitter rants, if you really want to help people you support anyone doing it not just promote yourself

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It’s hard not to relate it to ones own career - so I’ve been doing the same job for nearly 25 years, and still feel as though I have a tit loads to learn. Will never, really, attain anything close to complete and comprehensive knowledge. Anyway, if we had an apprentice in on a two week placement and after them two weeks this apprentice was posting on SM that “it was quite the ride, they have learned a lot etc etc” and then considered themselves some sort of expert in the field, I’d think them a fool. This is what Monroe does, she proclaims herself an expert on so many subjects yet in none of them has she actually put in any actual hard graft, it’s all just hot air and background noise whilst the real professionals are busy running restaurants, creating exceptional recipes just for the joy of it, effecting genuine change in society or just presenting for the sake of presenting and with a goal to learn and be skilful at the craft week in week out, for years on end and without fan fair...

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Don't forget, there's a special meeting for Rich Women in Media in the Church Hall on Tuesday nights and every other Thursday morning. It would have been in the Mary Chapel, but that got renamed The Monroe Monument back in February, complete with the new altar installation (consisting of a Cotswolds sideboard and golden pineapple).
That’s it, I call People’s Front of Judaea/Judaen People’s Front. For ~reasons~ I’m starting the Church of the Enlightened Squiggle, where we shall worship through ACTION not just tweets.
We SHALL eat tinned foods in the same format they exit their tin - soup will be heated without superfluous accoutrements, beans SHAN’T be rinsed of their sauce and custard will be used as custard.
Some may call me evangelical, but any who suggests someone as a “prophet” will be cast out of the CES and forced to eat food that is at the same time sloppy and dry for eternity. Here endeth the sermon.
ETA we worship in fear of Slop, Chaos and 🥕 overseen by the Dark Onionlord and his Onion Police. Say your prayers and eat your beans with their original sauce OR ELSE

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I absolutely loathe her and think she’s a ridiculous incompetent who brings 90% of her problems upon herself but... if I was her and read that shade in GQ directed at my recipes, and the obvious relief that Marcus felt at the whole incident being in the past when I’d taken time to fawn over how handsome and lovely he was on Twitter, even posting a sad little photo of my work planner with “call Marcus 📞”... I’d crawl under the duvet and just never surface again. Farewell cruel world.

Maybe she was late with her submission, or it needed loads of editing work. Maybe she was a cock to the dinner ladies, or the kids, or one of the admin staff at Conde Nast who sorted her travel. It was probably deserved, knowing what a massive entitled tory she is. But still, ouch.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
View attachment 543111

(sorry)

Jeeeeeeeeesus Christ. That is ... next level, you dark lord of photoshop. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Tbh I would have thought if they were undergoing treatment for anything it would be Social Media addiction ,spending eleventy million hours a day tweeting every minutiae of her life ,I mean the world doesn't need to know you have the raging shits for example ,now you could argue all day long whether there is any grain of truth to all the crumb dropping they have been doing over the last few days .

But if they are trying to sort out any major issues whether it be an addiction to whatever or just some major dental treatment hopefully it all goes well and she comes out the other side better than they went in .

She totally fucked up imo not giving the Full Time Meals thing a 👍whether her squiggle defenders or (🧦🧦🧦)take your pick your honour ,think she invented cheap cooking ,a lot of brands etc will jump on this train Sainos,Asda,Waitrose and Ocado are already behind it and more will undoubtedly follow along with those famous faces who will lend a hand .

Anyway BUSY so I'm gonna duck right off .
I believe Co-op are already on board with this

Reactions: 22
I know talking about someone's sexuality is a tad frowned upon, yet I have to say I think Jack is bisexual (been thinking this for a while). Nothing wrong with being bi, I consider myself bi for the record. Jack wants to fit into a clique, she wants it so badly, and the whole coming out at pride thing is great, but I think it's only half her story and was done to get Jack into a niche.

She's had relationships with men, conceived a child, lusts over men openly, she was flirting all over the shop on DKL with male guests more than female ones, and I'm calling bi (but ashamed for some reason) Love is love Jack! It's the LGBTQ community. If you like either or, that's ok!!!

Just personal opinion on evidence provided, m'lud.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
It is interesting isn't it?
For all Jack's faults I don't ever get the impression she would be actually unpleasant to work with on these TV/media things, in that I don't think she'd be rude. She is too eager to please.
So the rot sets in somewhere. Apart from the obvious that she can't cook, maybe her lack of professionalism all round is the problem - scampering, gazing at lights, being needy. Her behaviour on twitter around whatever she does must be a big thing, bringing along her odd followers too.

And I'm not surprised at her being off twitter. She has pointed out several times she is far too BUSY to retweet MR and TK. So to tweet some other nonsense now points out she was not busy at all, just really really did not want to do it.
I don't think Jack would be a rude diva or being deliberately difficult to work with.

I can just imagine her being needy and needing handholding and coaxing and praising for every little thing, then constantly butting in with gormless suggestions while the grownups are BUSY.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I know talking about someone's sexuality is a tad frowned upon, yet I have to say I think Jack is bisexual (been thinking this for a while). Nothing wrong with being bi, I consider myself bi for the record. Jack wants to fit into a clique, she wants it so badly, and the whole coming out at pride thing is great, but I think it's only half her story and was done to get Jack into a niche.

She's had relationships with men, conceived a child, lusts over men openly, she was flirting all over the shop on DKL with male guests more than female ones, and I'm calling bi (but ashamed for some reason) Love is love Jack! It's the LGBTQ community. If you like either or, that's ok!!!

I always thought this, it is so odd how she seems to be in denial about it?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
In my experience it only spills from a backstage dislike to a public dislike where the talent is both A Right Massive PITA hole and Not That Big A Name. @Emmapism might have a view, if that’s still the case? ETA my experience is years out of date

Reactions: 30

Jack has tweeted before (although it may well have been deleted by now) that they "don't care what's between someone's legs" when it comes to dating, so I'd say that covers any accusations of untoward speculation.

And as I've said in other threads, I don't think speculating about the sexuality of public figures is that bad, honestly. Random squiggles, sure, you probably shouldn't, at least not publicly. Although there is a difference between speculating and ending up like the Kaylor people lol.

Reactions: 21
I don't think Jack would be a rude diva or being deliberately difficult to work with.

I can just imagine her being needy and needing handholding and coaxing and praising for every little thing, then constantly butting in with gormless suggestions while the grownups are BUSY.

I think she would be one of those who simpers and goes all wide eyed at the IMPORTANT people, whilst simultaneously being an utter dick to anybody she sees as a minion. So Dinnerladies and Production Assistants would get the full force DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM when they're not being ignored or dismissed with a click of the fingers.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Evening all you cablers heh
Haven’t grunka’d yet, so just dropping this where’er it may land.
Today’s free food from the local social supermarket as I am a genuine pauper, unlike our greedy Jack Monroe.
Social supermarkets/food banks have evolved over the past 10 years and I know in my locality provision for people/families living in poverty are working hard to make a difference. There is no need for anyone to have to eat such poorly devised, nutritionally lacking, bowls of random slop that Jack is still making money off.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 75
It is interesting isn't it?
For all Jack's faults I don't ever get the impression she would be actually unpleasant to work with on these TV/media things, in that I don't think she'd be rude. She is too eager to please.
So the rot sets in somewhere. Apart from the obvious that she can't cook, maybe her lack of professionalism all round is the problem - scampering, gazing at lights, being needy. Her behaviour on twitter around whatever she does must be a big thing, bringing along her odd followers too.

And I'm not surprised at her being off twitter. She has pointed out several times she is far too BUSY to retweet MR and TK. So to tweet some other nonsense now points out she was not busy at all, just really really did not want to do it.
I think she’d be SEVERELY annoying!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
And as I've said in other threads, I don't think speculating about the sexuality of public figures is that bad, honestly.
I just worry that it may have sounded like 'she slept with a bloke so she can't be gay' vibes, when it's not that at all. She does seem genuinely attracted to men.
I always thought this, it is so odd how she seems to be in denial about it?
I'm glad I'm not alone in my thinkings, bi is a strange one, you can get tit from both hetreo/homo people, but meh. I like the fact I can find love (or lust!) with a man or woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.