Jack Monroe #183 Someone's fewmmin'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am grunking so this mug he have already been said but more and more people are either “sober” or just don’t drink these days. I am the same age as jack 🔺 and at least within my peer group the stock reaction to “I don’t drink” seems to be “ok then”. There’s always going to be the “one won’t hurt” brigade in the same way there’s always going to be the “but bacon” brigade when people say they are vegan. But why is jack so intent on her personality being A THING that she picks at a certain time. She’s the lesbian, the alcoholic, the person with ADHD. Those are not a personality!!! She’d be pitiable if she wasn’t so awful to people.
I was about to put that I don’t know anyone who doesn’t drink, but on reflection I know loads of people, just nobody makes a drama about it nowadays. The only time I notice is when women are in the early stages of pregnancy and not ready to tell anyone but make a massive kerfuffle over their excuse for not drinking- I spot this every time (but keep it in my head).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
She’s saying they’re complimentary so that a.) she has something to say/breadcrumbs, and b.) she doesn’t want the squiggles to think she pays for anything expensive. There’s about £30+ worth of hipster drinks in that fridge.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
I find it very strange indeed that she is staying in an hotel "for medical" reasons. Why get there on a Friday evening, when anything medical wouldn't start until Monday? Paying for two or three extra days unnecessarily. The NHS wouldn't pay for private stays in an hotel either. I know from experience.

She said that she was having "treatment" all day somewhere near her "happy place.". This was the place that had a blue kitchen 40 miles from home. Why the change of location? What medical services can they provide in Manchester that are not available much closer to Southend? All very, very odd.
Probably quite late at responding to this. I used to work in healthcare in Glasgow. Glasgow has a big cancer care centre for the whole of the west of Scotland and it does fund hotel accommodation for patients who have to travel a long way for treatment, especially for those having daily treatments such as some courses of radiotherapy. We also used to get some patients traveling down from the Highland and islands for treatment and would occasionally arrange one or two nights stay if there were delays with ferries or flights post treatment if it freed up a hospital bed.

Fairly confident this does not apply to the smol pixie's current situation

• Heart
Reactions: 41
It's worth mentioning that we're all so shocked and appalled by this head squiggle in part because Jack is so rarely trolled. There are so many other people who get vicious attacks with everything they tweet. That just doesn't usually happen to Jack.

I'm not in any way defending or downplaying head squiggle, who is a nasty little tit, but it just seems extra shocking in the context of a woman whose mentions are usually 99% fawning adoration.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 82
That’s awful they haven’t even correctly read her tweet before getting on their high horse, get your facts right you squiggly hole.
That's why I was so confused. It's a vile response even if it was in sense to something. The fact it isn't is baffling.

Reactions: 37
It is genuinely the first horrible tweet I’ve seen direct ed at her. I’ve seen a few snarky ones, but she’s in no position to complain about them.

Reactions: 48
'They were such primitive creatures, this was their food' (future archaeologists- probably)
As you can see from this sample, people of the 21st century disliked texture in their food, and likely had few teeth to chew or tastebuds. But they would have made up for it with remarkable digestive systems that not only kept down this food, but passed it through their bowels quickly.

She’s saying they’re complimentary so that a.) she has something to say/breadcrumbs, and b.) she doesn’t want the squiggles to think she pays for anything expensive. There’s about £30+ worth of hipster drinks in that fridge.
She had £40 worth of T2 tea in those pics of her house. #frugalliving #savingformyforeverhome

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I mean if they are complimentary, am I the only one who'd be on my 6th Kombucha of the night after mainlining 5 Yakults?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 70
I mean if they are complimentary, am I the only one who'd be on my 6th Kombucha of the night after mainlining 5 Yakults?
You would be doing what they do and combining them to make your own mocktail. In seconds thoughts... Maybe not. A milky kombacha. 🤢🤢🤢🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Someone probably left a peach and chickpea curry in there and the housekeeper saw it and was like HELL NO, so they just shut the door and sealed it up. It'll be discovered by archeologists in a couple of thousand years who'll be horrified by its contents and possibly turn it into a weapon of mass destruction.
I've been binge watching one of those hoarders programmes (makes me feel better about my domestic chaos as I can even clean the floor!) and I've seen food from years ago that doesn't look as bad as some of Jack's concoctions.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Honestly. You don’t even wanna know how much of everything I guzzled like a goblin, the last time we stayed at a place with ‘afternoon snacks’ included in the room rate. Think of eating anchoiade in bed, then hoofing a loaf of white bread.... but with teeny tiny sandwiches and random things like marshmallows and dried apricots, in a fancy lounge full of businessmen who probably didn’t pay, so don’t care.

Me: “I should probably eat a handful of Brazil nuts, followed by some tasteless crackers, get our money’s worth!”. My husband pretty much carried on like he didn’t know me 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
That makes me laugh as Nadiya is big is the USA. She posted on Insta that her baking book was now published with US measures and the feed was full of literally hundreds of posts saying how excited they were, that they love her shows on Netflix, their children love her, that they'd actually bought scales to use metric measures, and so on. She doesn't change anything about herself for that audience though, still the Asian English Muslim mum of three with a Yorkshire husband and living near her family in Milton Keynes. I don’t even know what brand her fridge is.

Tell us, Jack, how many of your books have been translated for a US audience? I reckon it wouldn't be worthwhile for the publisher given 3K worldwide sales 😉.
The bake off (or as they call it the Great British Baking Show) is absolutely HUGE in the US. Jack not so much.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I've reported those troll tweets too. There is no need for that kind if below the belt remark. Hopefully Jack won't see them.
I can do the next thread if you like. Would you like a poll? It doesn't have to be a location poll. It could be a fridge or a drinks poll.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Call me heartless but are those tweets any worse than accusing David Walliams of being a racist coke addict?

not condoning, just ignoring.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I drank 30% of a flat bottle of complementary champagne before breakfast (had the rest solo the night before) because no bleeping way was I leaving it in the hotel room. #foodwastechampion

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
Honestly. You don’t even wanna know how much of everything I guzzled like a goblin, the last time we stayed at a place with ‘afternoon snacks’ included in the room rate. Think of eating anchoiade in bed, then hoofing a loaf of white bread.... but with teeny tiny sandwiches and random things like marshmallows and dried apricots, in a fancy lounge full of businessmen who probably didn’t pay, so don’t care.

Me: “I should probably eat a handful of Brazil nuts, followed by some tasteless crackers, get our money’s worth!”. My husband pretty much carried on like he didn’t know me 🤦‍♀️
I have a posh friend (just one, you meet them in TV) whose sister has a membership at Shoreditch house. She got us in one summer a couple of years ago and we REAMED the freebies. They have free pick and mix plus sodas and stuff. I shoved loads into my bag 😂 they also have a photo booth that's free and we were in there for far too long being silly.

God I love amenities. Give me all of the freebies!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I've reported those troll tweets too. There is no need for that kind if below the belt remark. Hopefully Jack won't see them.
I can do the next thread if you like. Would you like a poll? It doesn't have to be a location poll. It could be a fridge or a drinks poll.
Jack will see the tweets when she reads themhere, but they seem to be from some of who is unwell and has got the wrong end of the stick rather than some one trolling her.

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.