Jack Monroe #183 Someone's fewmmin'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Call me heartless but are those tweets any worse than accusing David Walliams of being a racist coke addict?

not condoning, just ignoring.
Just because Jack behaves badly on twitter, two wrongs don’t make a right. Plus there is a pretty nasty edge around relapse to those tweets.

Reactions: 38
All we need now is our favourite trifle defender to pass comment on full sized Smeg fridges full of planted drinks a hotel supporting a patron in such a way with such a great styled minibar and today will be complete.

I don’t drink, well very rarely. But kombucha is such a niche thing to load a fridge with for a customer you have no idea if they like it or not. Surely it would be safer to have a few bottles of Evian, glass bottles of Coca-Cola and at a stretch some Robinsons?! It all seems....unbelievable probably because it’s not true
You know what they say! If it’s too good to be true, Jack made it up

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Call me heartless but are those tweets any worse than accusing David Walliams of being a racist coke addict?

not condoning, just ignoring.
I don't think it's worse, but both things are bad and it's ok to call both people who said those things an hole. X

Reactions: 47
Just because Jack behaves badly on twitter, two wrongs don’t make a right. Plus there is a pretty nasty edge around relapse to those tweets.
Not condoning at all, however do think that Jack needs to think carefully about what she puts on twitter and be held accountable for the damage she causes (all too often). Many people have been triggered by the things she’s said and we can all get angry and upset and say things in the heat of the moment. This person could be all of the above.

ets - twitter is nothing but negativity in my opinion. Jack has certainly used it to actually try to take people down.

Reactions: 47
Jack will see the tweets when she reads themhere, but they seem to be from some of who is unwell and has got the wrong end of the stick rather than some one trolling her.
I wonder if they should be deleted by a mod.
I do agree the person has misunderstood what Jack was saying but her comment about recovering alcoholics is quite cruel both in a general and specific way.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I have a posh friend (just one, you meet them in TV) whose sister has a membership at Shoreditch house. She got us in one summer a couple of years ago and we REAMED the freebies. They have free pick and mix plus sodas and stuff. I shoved loads into my bag 😂 they also have a photo booth that's free and we were in there for far too long being silly.

God I love amenities. Give me all of the freebies!
👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻 I’ve found Jack!!

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I know HotelGate has been a fun distraction but I am still astonished she hasn’t mentioned Marcus and Tom. Giving their first shopping list and video a welcome boost to hundreds of thousands of potential people is not to be forgotten. Especially if she IS somehow involved (although after reading that stinging GQ article, I have even more doubt about that).

I add my voice to the idiot troll tweets being firmly banished forthwith - I have also reported them. Jack - you are an absolute melt with your cringeworthy and dishonest behaviour. Your poverty and illness cosplaying is reprehensible. I am still half convinced the alcoholism is exaggerated for sympathy and clicks. It certainly doesn’t mean I would ever try to actively distress you or add to your clear problems.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I've had a more in depth look at angry squiggles twitter. It's definitely a negative account. Lots of tweets wanting to hold various organisations to account which is fair enough. Lots of pro women tweets, again fine but one or two veering on the darker side such as the death penalty and anti Meghan Markle stuff. I'm not sure what it's all about but this squiggle is quite aggressive their tweets.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
If she does see the troll tweets, you can be sure she'll make a hoo-haa and do the old 'oh there are thousands of them m8, this is just one example' routine. Please bugger off, actual troll.

Especially if she IS somehow involved (although after reading that stinging GQ article, I have even more doubt about that).
I am really sorry to be Mumsnet here, but can you please point me to this article? I thought I'd adequately grunka'd but I've missed this and looking at the GQ website there's nought much that seems relevant to Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I am really sorry to be Mumsnet here, but can you please point me to this article? I thought I'd adequately grunka'd but I've missed this and looking at the GQ website there's nought much that seems relevant to Jack.
Here you go! (She gets a brief mention)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I've been binge watching one of those hoarders programmes (makes me feel better about my domestic chaos as I can even clean the floor!) and I've seen food from years ago that doesn't look as bad as some of Jack's concoctions.
Mr SM loves those programs. He thinks that his auction/car boot habit doesn’t mean he’s a hoarder!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I’m triggering an emergency protocol for @MancBee in case Jack is in his neck of the woods.
1) avoid sainsburys local, Tesco express, Nisa etc. just shop at a Lidl or Aldi if you must. If for any reason you find yourself in one of these shops, do NOT approach any yellow sticker items, or talk in a whisper to any any smol pixies even to tell them they’re great.
2) avoid travelling by train or tram, which is like a train, unless your shins are adequately protected.
3) check with neighbours before eating any food left on your step. Remember, the soup with stuffing wasn’t 100% sloppy, dangerous slop could be disguised as something else.

I know it’s hard as we’ve just left lockdown, but it’s for your own good Manc.
I haven't been to visit my parents in ages (due to the THING), but is there a branch of Dishoom in Manc these days? Best avoided...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Evening ninnies. Sorry I’ve not been around much lately. Hope you’re all doing splendidly.
Has she gone viral yet?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
She hasn't gone viral, Del Monte must be weeping tears of pure pineapple juice at how little engagement they're getting as a result of being associated with her. The viral thing does make me wonder - what happened to her longest COVID that required scent rehabilitation (i.e. eating a reeking kipper)?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
If I were having a treatment I didn't want people to know very much about, and I had to travel to a different city to have that treatment, I might not mention it on Twitter (or any SM) at all. She *wants* us to ask about it so she can be all, "I'll DM you hun", but not actually DM you because that would almost be, dare I say it, "normal" (whatever that means).

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.