Jack Monroe #183 Someone's fewmmin'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I ask, if anyone's been blocked by her in the past, could you maybe check that you're still blocked? Because while her numbers are going up steadily, it's not showing up in her follower list (which it to say, the most recent followers remain static, new followers aren't coming up at the top of her list, IYSWIM). So I'm wondering if she's doing a mass unblocking or something.
I am still blocked from her twitter, what a tragedy :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 41
it's probably something she bought for a recipe later, if she's cooking at the hotel! 😂
Most of what she does is odd, I've come to expect it now. She took care to point out she'd brought her own parsley like it's something all the cool kids do, 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 34
still on the drinks. the yakult, tropicana and fruit shots are all quite short dated doesn't really make sense for a hotel to put them in a mini bar. perhaps she has finally got that record contract and it is her rider.
I had my first try of so-called health drink Purdeys in the mid-90s because it was on the Manics' rider - this definitely reminded me of that. Jack really does lives her life like it's an episode of Entourage.
And yes, you wouldn't get such short dated drinks in a hotel mini bar, especially given they aren't exactly doing a roaring trade at the moment.
Don't tell anyone but I quite like on the road with green leafy foodstuffs in the tradition of the great British eccentric Jack

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
It's quite sad that she's making up this pretend life in general.

If she is sick like I have said and truly wish it is going well but the rest. It's so strange she is playing at being followed yet leaves enough breadcrumbs for even a child with reasonable Google skills to work out.

She doesn't help herself at all, if she is in some sort of recovery then and she is not working then why doesn't she hand over the reigns to her admin and take it off properly to recoup. She's not physically working because of the treatment so her admin can file and record any relevant info until she is safe to return to work.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Yep if she’s staying anywhere, she’ll be staying at another aparthotel where she can ‘cook’ again.
I wouldn't put it past our Jack to follow those 'cooking in hotel room' hacks from YouTube videos. Noodles/pasta in the coffee maker, grilled cheese in the trouser press kind of bollocks that makes you feel sorry for the hotel staff. A slow cooker only needs a plug and you can wake up to those delicious cooking smells.

It's always a half-size can of coke, too, and costs about 5€. Don't you miss hotels?
Honestly though, there's something so good about those little tins of coke. Especially if they have Greek/Turkish/Hebrew writing on the side and are mixed with a tiny bottle of local booze (which you think is vodka but can't be sure). I do miss hotels! If I won the lottery, I wouldn't buy a big country house, I'd bugger off round the world and live in various posh hotels for the rest of my life.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
It's quite sad that she's making up this pretend life in general.

If she is sick like I have said and truly wish it is going well but the rest. It's so strange she is playing at being followed yet leaves enough breadcrumbs for even a child with reasonable Google skills to work out.

She doesn't help herself at all, if she is in some sort of recovery then and she is not working then why doesn't she hand over the reigns to her admin and take it off properly to recoup. She's not physically working because of the treatment so her admin can file and record any relevant info until she is safe to return to work.
You bring up such a good point Lanie. Where are her 'people'. Her agent seems AWOL, her friends few and far between, no response from publishers? It's very strange. I do feel bad for her in a way, yet I can't help but remind myself she's the problem who causes her own isolation.

I actually feel like a proper nasty witch for sharing her poetry page last night.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
“Hello I’m phoning about my booking. I’m Jack monroe and I’ve been working with Marcus Rashford on free school meals, can you make sure there is no alcohol in the fridge”
Receptionist: “Aah could you hold for one moment please Ms Monroe?”
*Gestures for manager*
Receptionist: “Sorry to bother you but remember Marcus Rashford sent every hotel in Manchester an email begging asking them if they ever receive a phone call from a Jack Monroe asking for a room to say they’re fully booked? Well I’ve currently got her on hold asking to make sure they’ll be no alcohol in the fridge even though we don’t anyways”

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Can I ask, if anyone's been blocked by her in the past, could you maybe check that you're still blocked? Because while her numbers are going up steadily, it's not showing up in her follower list (which is to say, the most recent followers remain static, new followers aren't coming up at the top of her list, IYSWIM). So I'm wondering if she's doing a mass unblocking or something.
Sorry to quote myself, but they're gradually appearing on her follower list now. Still really weird that there's such a steady flow of them.

• Wow
  • Haha
You bring up such a good point Lanie. Where are her 'people'. Her agent seems AWOL, her friends few and far between, no response from publishers? It's very strange. I do feel bad for her in a way, yet I can't help but remind myself she's the problem who causes her own isolation.

I actually feel like a proper nasty witch for sharing her poetry page last night.
She's done way worse than that without an ounce of remorse. At least you have the capacity to feel bad and that makes you a good person imo.

ETA pass the parsley

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Sorry to quote myself, but they're gradually appearing on her follower list now. Still really weird that there's such a steady flow of them.
Maybe there's a huge demand for Twitter accounts that produce mini fridge related content?

That'd be an interesting niche actually. I once found a site where people could upload their airline food, so people are interested in the weirdest tit.

• Haha
  • Heart
I wouldn't put it past our Jack to follow those 'cooking in hotel room' hacks from YouTube videos. Noodles/pasta in the coffee maker, grilled cheese in the trouser press kind of bollocks that makes you feel sorry for the hotel staff. A slow cooker only needs a plug and you can wake up to those delicious cooking smells.

Honestly though, there's something so good about those little tins of coke. Especially if they have Greek/Turkish/Hebrew writing on the side and are mixed with a tiny bottle of local booze (which you think is vodka but can't be sure). I do miss hotels! If I won the lottery, I wouldn't buy a big country house, I'd bugger off round the world and live in various posh hotels for the rest of my life.
as you lounge in bed with starched sheets in a big fluffy dressing gown eating room service :love:

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Genuine thoughts I have and that is how is her kid coping, he's had alot happen, lockdown, missing school, leaving school soon for pastries green, his mum being potentially unwell. I do hope he is ok, it's a lot for a kid of his age to deal with. I am just saying there's not been so much happening in my world but lockdown did screw over my kid alot. He really missed his life prior to it as we are normally a very busy family.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I don't think she's at home. I feel happy actually that she's not pretending to be at home as suspected, as that indicates a level of needless lying which I don't want to contemplate.

Reactions: 34
I don't care where she is or what she's up to but I'm still hooting and fizzing over the revelation that the main ingredient of her tomato soup is someone else's tomato soup!
'How to Make Food Using Food That is the Same Food as the Food You are Trying to Make' by Jack Monroe coming soon to a bargain bin near you

• Haha
Reactions: 56
They have integrated full size Smeg fridges. So. She’s staying there, and bought all that tit herself.

You’re a 🔺 master!
If this proves to be the case then, bloody hell. It's like some sort of turning point as it would be clear evidence of her just blatantly making tit up for engagement, only on this occasion so needlessly, and caught red handed. What a very unwell person she is.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
I find it very strange indeed that she is staying in an hotel "for medical" reasons. Why get there on a Friday evening, when anything medical wouldn't start until Monday? Paying for two or three extra days unnecessarily. The NHS wouldn't pay for private stays in an hotel either. I know from experience.

She said that she was having "treatment" all day somewhere near her "happy place.". This was the place that had a blue kitchen 40 miles from home. Why the change of location? What medical services can they provide in Manchester that are not available much closer to Southend? All very, very odd.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
If you're bored and have even a passing interest in whitegoods there is a page on FB called Show Us Ya Fridge. It's great, so many creatively decorated fridges. My old fridge is on there, it has a big Homer Simpson head which is a talking bottle opener.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
How has that fridge door post got 27.5k likes?! SOMETHING WEIRD'S GOING ON!!

Me, right now:

Limmy's Show: Dee Dee: Moon - YouTube

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
If you're bored and have even a passing interest in whitegoods there is a page on FB called Show Us Ya Fridge. It's great, so many creatively decorated fridges. My old fridge is on there, it has a big Homer Simpson head which is a talking bottle opener.
Ooh I'll check this out, our fridge has tiny sweary magnets so you can make up different phrases. My wife removes most of them every time her mother visits whereas I lean more toward pointedly leaving them

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.